New Concession Trailer

cowboy bob 2
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Reward points : 0
New Concession Trailer - Sun, 10/9/05 9:21 PM
Hi All, I just got my new trailer delivered today, yes on a sunday too. It is a 8.5x20, Spent the day painting the wood inside, Kiltz first then white tomorrow, then Lacquer, Our code says a washable surface. No chips or flakes. But in the 8.5x8 kitchen all will be stainless steel. Next to install a 115 electric system and a 240 volt w/100amp box. then lay a new floor. Will send picts to anyone who wants them to follow my build-ins. Hope to have it finished by xmas. I started out with an E-Z UP then a 6x10, and I remodled it twice. added 2 ft first then addl. 3ft., I just hope this will be my last one and it is big enough. As I was painting the inside today, People came by to look and said they were hungry, so I made them some food. Hey I made enough to buy the Kiltz paint. Besides I said if you want food you have to paint, they did.
Later Cowboy Bob 2
PS I put the new one next to the old one. All the stuff will come out of the old one and I will sell the shell, Later.

dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: New Concession Trailer - Mon, 10/10/05 12:27 PM
lotsa luck!!

Copperhedzkettle
  • Total Posts : 293
RE: New Concession Trailer - Mon, 10/10/05 12:44 PM

CCB
Cant wait to see it! I know you have been needing more room for a while, and have the knowledge to do as you have stated, how I envy your experience!. Thanks for all your great advice and the time you take to talk with me!

Best of luck to ya!
Copper

dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: New Concession Trailer - Tue, 10/11/05 1:18 PM
Last night on the discovery channel a program called the kustomizer, they converted a small front wheel drive car into a self contained grill cart with 2 gas grills, steam tables, ice stations and lots of storage. Of course it was overkill but the idea is intriqing

V960
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: New Concession Trailer - Tue, 10/11/05 7:55 PM
Put on as many (ok three is enough) coats of varnish as you can. For the floors use the garage two part epoxy from Lowes. Make sure it is the two part not the one part. They don't have it go the the Porter Paint or Sherwin Williams place and get their two part. Much better adhesion and strength. Also mix it for at least two minutes w/ a drill mixer before application.

Basically it will last forever. One part is a yearly application w/ massive cleaning each year. Add sand for skid resistance if needed.

UncleVic
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: New Concession Trailer - Wed, 10/12/05 2:49 AM
Hey Bob.. Email me them pics and I'll create another page on your site there..

cowboy bob 2
RE: New Concession Trailer - Wed, 10/12/05 7:49 PM
Hey Uncle Vic
Will send Pict this weekend. I am going to document the project, from start to finish> Like cutting in windows to installing a roof fan to plumbing.
Later CBB

cowboy bob 2
RE: New Concession Trailer - Wed, 10/12/05 7:51 PM
to Uncle Vic, Will do this week end. When it stops drizzling. Do you know what a Biggamist is? A big fog in Italy
This new rig is not set up, ZBut I am going to document as I go along, everything from cutting in windows to plumbing. to putting a fan on roof.
Which reminds me. I now do Philly Cheese Steaks. Every hour I put on the grill a half of fist full of white onions for the cheese steaks. I first put oil on grill, then throw the onions on and every so often I spray them with misty water to create steam. It drives people crazy all around me. I sell more steaks that way. And also remember. If you cook them too long, throw them away and start over again. I recently bought some bad onions (a bag for a dollar) and just cooked them off to throw away, It brought in customers
Later CBB

dhine30
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: New Concession Trailer - Thu, 10/13/05 1:22 AM
cowboy bob 2,

I'm very interested in your project as I'm in the same boat. I've out grown my cart in less than two months and a trailer would allow operations during inclement weather. I would GREATLY appreciate any information and/or pictures you could provide.

jojobeans
  • Total Posts : 137
RE: New Concession Trailer - Wed, 11/9/05 7:58 PM
I saw a trailer today with a stainless steal grill on it (Round with the top cut out and hinged about 4 feet long) and a stainless steal rectangular box made from diamond plate, it looks to be about 45 GAL. It is not insulated but I would have to do that part myself in order to keep shrimp and lobster cold any suggestions on how to insulate it and seal it? BTW the guy wants $450.00.

Prana1971
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: New Concession Trailer - Sun, 02/5/06 5:37 PM
I want to buy a trailer and have been looking around on various sites. I came across a company called Creative Mobile Systems out of Machester, CT who has what looks like a really nice 6'x10' concession trailer setup. Not sure of the price, emailed and still waiting on reply.

Has anyone ever had any experience with this company and if so is their equipment reliable and fairly priced compared to others?

Thanks

chicagostyledog
  • Total Posts : 3218
RE: New Concession Trailer - Sun, 02/5/06 11:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prana1971

I want to buy a trailer and have been looking around on various sites. I came across a company called Creative Mobile Systems out of Machester, CT who has what looks like a really nice 6'x10' concession trailer setup. Not sure of the price, emailed and still waiting on reply.

Has anyone ever had any experience with this company and if so is their equipment reliable and fairly priced compared to others?

Thanks

Check out the carts at Custom Sales and Service. www.customsalesandservice.com CSS builds and sells carts. Doesn't the 325 from CMS look like the 525 from CSS? CSS makes an exceptionally nice concession trailer. Compare prices.

CSD

spud
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: New Concession Trailer - Mon, 02/6/06 6:49 AM
any chance of seeing these pictures of the process?