Sweet potato fries

Post
roossy90
Sirloin
2005/10/17 18:15:04
Love the sweet potato fries...
I ususally bake them in the oven at home just for calories sake, but there is a place here in Freeport, ---Bucks Naked BBQ and they make them there at the restaurant. and fry 'em up and then sprinkle a little brown sugar and chipotle mixture over them.. Then you use thir Blueberry Chipotle BBQ sauce as a dipper..
Yum....
http://www.nebs.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/19 04:42:48
Burgerville here in Portland makes sweet potato fries. Very tasty.
kland01s
Filet Mignon
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/19 11:14:52
Have only found one place in my area that serves them and they don't do that on a regular basis. We have found the sweet potato fries from Trader Joes to be pretty good, bake them in the oven.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/19 11:49:48
Never seen them anywhere in my neck of the woods...
berndog
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/19 13:24:21
Several local places have them, and they are a regular side at Philly Steakout and Sticky Lips BBQ. They are a nice change from regular fries.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/19 13:24:54
The House of Blues here makes catfish nuggets with sweet potato fries--------it's my favorite there. I'm sure it's available at all their locations. Otherwise, I get them at Johnny Reb's here in Long Beach. Sweet potato fries are great!
douginvirginia
Cheeseburger
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/20 08:53:15
I especially like them when shoestring cut. We've got noe locally, so I usually end up doing them myself. Will have to try those TJs for a quick fix!
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/23 18:35:19
Where is Burgerville, I will have to try them...
Tara
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/23 18:37:14
quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

Never seen them anywhere in my neck of the woods...


Make your own,,, they are hard as hell to cut, so watch your fingers...
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/23 23:34:20
Dearfolk,
Let me retrace my steps. I saw 'em on a restaurant menu in Atlanta last weekend. When I refind 'em, I'll order 'em up and report back to y'all.
Yam crunchies! -- What'll they think of next? Livermush souffle?
Tuberifically, Ort. Carlton in Athens, Georgia.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/24 22:33:16
For anyone in the Portland area, now is the time of year when Burgerville serves sweet potato fries.
berndog
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/10/24 23:28:25
quote:
Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

Dearfolk,
Let me retrace my steps. I saw 'em on a restaurant menu in Atlanta last weekend. When I refind 'em, I'll order 'em up and report back to y'all.
Yam crunchies! -- What'll they think of next? Livermush souffle?
Tuberifically, Ort. Carlton in Athens, Georgia.


Close guess Ort. You've seen the new Burger King chicken fries advertised on TV? Well, next they are bringing out a new line of Livermush Fries. They run it through a dye press right into the fryer.
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/11/03 00:31:49
The BEST sweet potato fries I have EVER had are at Johnny's Luncheonette in Newton Center, MA (just outside of Boston). They're big like steak fries and come with a tarragon-mustard dipping sauce. I get them every time I go there. One of the few foods I truly dream about!
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/11/03 02:02:28

When we visit my sister in Oregon (Canby) we frequently order the Sweet Potato Fries from the local Burgerville. As Mr Chips says, they make a great snack ! They are better than the burgers!
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/11/03 15:55:53
quote:
Originally posted by mr chips

For anyone in the Portland area, now is the time of year when Burgerville serves sweet potato fries.


I am in Freeport, a hop, skip and a jump... Will try next trip there..
Tara
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/11/03 16:00:32
Tara,
Mr Chips is in PORTLAND, OREGON...Not Portland , Maine. The Sweet Potato Fries he is talking about seem to be a local/regional thing in the Pacific Northwest.
Williamsburger
Cheeseburger
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/11/05 15:37:33
First ones I ever had were at Pigman's BBQ in Kill Devil Hills NC. They were soft - almost as if they made them with mashed potatoes -and covered with cinnamon and brown sugar. We ate them as dessert!

Pierce's in Williamsburg VA has similar ones without the sugar and cinnamon. Still eat them as dessert!

Buzz and Ned's in Richmond VA have shoestring style sweet potato fries. They sprinkle brown sugar on theirs IIRC.

Cathy
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/11/05 16:12:13
quote:
Originally posted by billyboy

The BEST sweet potato fries I have EVER had are at Johnny's Luncheonette in Newton Center, MA (just outside of Boston). They're big like steak fries and come with a tarragon-mustard dipping sauce. I get them every time I go there. One of the few foods I truly dream about!


They have a lot of good things there! My favorite was their devil's food cake...along with a big cold glass of milk. I am hungry just thinking about it!

I had some good sweet potato fries at Tennessee JAcks in East Islip, NY. They came with a maple flavored dipping sauce that really was interesting!
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Sweet potato fries 2005/11/09 21:11:58
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Tara,
Mr Chips is in PORTLAND, OREGON...Not Portland , Maine. The Sweet Potato Fries he is talking about seem to be a local/regional thing in the Pacific Northwest.


No wonder I have never heard of them..
(well, hell).. so much for trying them... Yes Dorothy, there are 2 Portlands! (or more)