Holiday Decorations

Post
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
2005/10/21 14:35:50
Hello All,
We are entering the holiday season, actually been in it with Jewish Holy days, so I was wondering...what kind of decorations do you plan to have this year for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Years, and any other faith's holy days that I have not mentioned?
When I was a child I loved and was often drawn to places because of their holiday decorations, but now I know the relationship between business and religion is a tight wire to walk on. So, what decorations will you be displaying and what is your reasoning behind them? Please don't just pick one holiday, but how do you manage them all in your business?
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/21 14:41:16
Were you ever juliev in another life?
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/21 14:49:28
Michael,
What is a juliev? I do not understand this term.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/21 14:51:05
quote:
Originally posted by Fieldthistle

Michael,
What is a juliev?
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

A juliev is a visitor no longer around, that I know of, who liked sammiches and asked the sort of questions you ask.
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/21 14:54:01
Michael,
I am not a visitor. I am around. And I ask these sort of questions from time to time.
Sorry if you don't like my question. But so be it.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/21 15:24:42
Well, everyone's a visitor, don't you think?
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/21 15:32:13
Michael,
Yeah, I guess we are all visitors, my friend.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
dreamzpainter
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/21 23:35:46
Michael strikes again!! Back to the question.. I don't have a business to decorate but for many years I painted winter scenes, wreaths and seasons greetings on the windows of my wifes store and the main store. I've also done harvest/fall scenes many times. At home it's a different question all together with both halloween and christmas decorations seeming to proliferate every year I'm considering erecting another shed so each season can have its own. Since 9-11 I've had red/white/blue lights strung across the house and around the yard, both the "new" string type and the twinkle "fairy" lights and although not seasonally correct some will be lit for halloween.
risotteria
Junior Burger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/22 00:29:54
It has been my experience owning several nyc restaurants that you will offend someone with the expression of any religious or political stance. Therefor I choose to express none. Hope this helps.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/22 02:34:03
quote:
Originally posted by dreamzpainter

Michael strikes again!! Back to the question.. I don't have a business to decorate but for many years I painted winter scenes, wreaths and seasons greetings on the windows of my wifes store and the main store. I've also done harvest/fall scenes many times. At home it's a different question all together with both halloween and christmas decorations seeming to proliferate every year I'm considering erecting another shed so each season can have its own. Since 9-11 I've had red/white/blue lights strung across the house and around the yard, both the "new" string type and the twinkle "fairy" lights and although not seasonally correct some will be lit for halloween.


Seasnonally correct made me laugh. My next door neighbor has been running his Xmas lights for about 2 weeks now... Considering there's still leaves in the trees, I think retirement has drove him bonkers..

chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/22 07:14:53
I string illuminated plastic hot dog lights around my cart beginning the day after Thanksgiving. I purchased them two years ago when I was in Seattle. I knew I'd probably never find them again, so I made the purchase.

CSD
lleechef
Sirloin
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/23 04:17:00
Considering we're headed for 6 months of darkness, the lights have already started to go up......on trees, on homes, on businesses, on dogs and cats, moose and bears.....sheesh.....lights everywhere! We gotta do it to save what little sanity we have left.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/23 08:53:09
quote:
Originally posted by risotteria

It has been my experience owning several nyc restaurants that you will offend someone with the expression of any religious or political stance. Therefor I choose to express none. Hope this helps.


Yep. But that's up NORTH...

y'all....

jeepguy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/23 09:34:14
When the new GM of my company came on board about eight years ago, he disposed of all our Christmas decorations and tree. He put up an electric mennorha (sp) on a velvet cloth. 99% of us weren't too happy. I'm SOOOO glad the greedy mr silverman has moved on!
Tedbear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/23 09:44:57
quote:
Originally posted by jeepguy

When the new GM of my company came on board about eight years ago, he disposed of all our Christmas decorations and tree. He put up an electric mennorha (sp) on a velvet cloth. 99% of us weren't too happy. I'm SOOOO glad the greedy mr silverman has moved on!



Thank you for confirming my earlier impressions of you.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/23 10:11:50
quote:
Originally posted by Tedbear

quote:
Originally posted by jeepguy

When the new GM of my company came on board about eight years ago, he disposed of all our Christmas decorations and tree. He put up an electric mennorha (sp) on a velvet cloth. 99% of us weren't too happy. I'm SOOOO glad the greedy mr silverman has moved on!



Thank you for confirming my earlier impressions of you.


Uh oh... Repressed anger or WHAT???

In reality to all (including me), religion and/or anything similar to it has NO PLACE on this forum. Even references to same have little meaning other than to provoke others. (IMO, of course)...

Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/23 10:38:43
Hello All,
When I posted this, I did not expect this type of response.
Adjudicator, I do not know how to delete an entire topic.
So, whichever moderator is in charge, please delete this thread.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/23 12:36:45
Holidays are and should be a happy time for all. The clients in the group home where I work celebrate Xmas and I am always delighted to help in their celebration. Being a large 300 lb. man with a big white beard I joyfully play the role of St. Nick when asked. I love the lights and songs of Xmas, even if it is not a religious holiday I celebrate. And I like the opportunity to help my co-workers by working on that day.
Halloween, the dia de los Muertos , St Patrick's Day, Cinco De Mayo,Chinese New Year,Tet and for that matter,Hannukah, are holidays that celebrate the religious and cultural diversity of this country. They should be a reason for joy, not struggle.
Copperhedzkettle
Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/24 17:12:02


I love HOLIDAY decorations!!!!

Since I am a (b)witch.........., I will leave the dead animals hanging upside down and rotting on the front porch.....UP, LEAVE'EM UP I'M SCREAMIN


(only a wimp would take them down before the holiday is through) And the roadside kill soaking in the kiddy-pool full of Clorox....I will reap in the Spring! Bones for you and your loved ones.....

I kill nothing, I only reap what you yourself have chosen to discard.

Bwa-hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahah

Screw it, its getting too chilly for flys, especially the blue and green bottle ones, leave that for forensics. :) Bones and roadkill, doin good here......Happy Hallows to you all.

Thats on the front of the Eatin Trailer.

And then its about the Bountiful horn! Not much bountiful here, but I'll still Thank those responsible.

I'm draggin out Christmas.......am I early here?

Copper


I LOVE DECORATIONS, FIELDTHISTLE.!!!!





Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/25 06:12:26
Merry Meet Copper,
You are a trip and a half. I think I love you!!!!
Take Care and Happy Hallows,
Fieldthistle
V960
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/25 10:23:43
When we had a brick and mortar store we put up everything. If I could have found lights for Voodoo and Druids I would have done it.

Only the fringe of each group had a problem and I didn't want them as customers anyway. The main stream loved it ans actually used it as a learning tool for their children (we labeled all the stuff).

But then again I'm considered a nut case.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: Holiday Decorations 2005/10/28 10:49:20
Halloween and the Dia de Los Muertos are coming up. I look forward to a lot of interesting decorations locally.