Special Quesadilla

mr chips
  • Total Posts : 4715
  • Reward points : 0
Special Quesadilla - Wed, 10/26/05 12:52 AM
Not sure if I should post in the sandwich forum. One of my favorite treats is at a local Mexican place called Burrito Loco. They make what they call a "special quesadilla" which is cheese and pastrami in a tortilla. I love it, though I lnow it sounds a little odd.

trudyn
  • Total Posts : 117
RE: Special Quesadilla - Wed, 10/26/05 1:03 AM
I know the place. The quesadilla is good and the owner swears it is just like Mama used to make.

mousec
  • Total Posts : 298
RE: Special Quesadilla - Wed, 10/26/05 5:58 AM
Not so odd...I typically use tortillas to make sandwiches. One of my favorites is honey turkey breast with chedder cheese heated up in a cast iron skillet until the edges of the meat begin to blacken and the cheese is melted. Somtimes I take the less is more approach and use only one tortilla, and fold it over empanada style. Other times I use two tortillas and flip it over once the first side begins to brown. Also, I only use corn tortillas to make my sandwich, flour is to heavy.

Sandy Eggo
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: Special Quesadilla - Thu, 10/27/05 5:05 PM
Try a Lasagna Burrito.... it's a way to eat pasta on the run and they taste great. Just take a large flour tortilla and roll some (preferably homemade or good take out) lasagna in the tortilla.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17801
RE: Special Quesadilla - Fri, 10/28/05 12:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Eggo

Try a Lasagna Burrito.... it's a way to eat pasta on the run and they taste great. Just take a large flour tortilla and roll some (preferably homemade or good take out) lasagna in the tortilla.

Um, you're saying to roll some pasta into a tortilla? Isn't that just a little strange?

trudyn
  • Total Posts : 117
RE: Special Quesadilla - Fri, 10/28/05 2:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Eggo

Now that is carb loading.

Turtle66
  • Total Posts : 101
Re:Special Quesadilla - Mon, 02/3/14 10:01 PM
Reminds me of a Ruben Quesadilla i make some times: Pastrami, Sauerkraut ,Swiss Cheese, Jalepenos and Russian Dressing. YUM!  

<message edited by Turtle66 on Sun, 02/9/14 9:45 PM>

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9526
Re:Special Quesadilla - Tue, 02/4/14 2:57 PM
Anything you can put between slices of bread you can put in a tortilla, and then some.
I've found it a little difficult to do it with soup though.

Michael Hoffman
Re:Special Quesadilla - Tue, 02/4/14 6:00 PM
And here I've been getting grief from a certain someone because I'll occasionally roll a coupe of hot dogs and some cheese in a tortilla.

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7590
Re:Special Quesadilla - Tue, 02/4/14 7:00 PM
A couple of hot dogs, cheese, pastrami and chili (with beans) rolled up into a flour tortilla and you have an Oki Dog.

Michael Hoffman
Re:Special Quesadilla - Tue, 02/4/14 7:06 PM
Now that sounds good. What's Oki stand for? Oklahoma?

EdSails
  • Total Posts : 3546
Re:Special Quesadilla - Tue, 02/4/14 7:15 PM
mar52

A couple of hot dogs, cheese, pastrami and chili (with beans) rolled up into a flour tortilla and you have an Oki Dog.

An Oki Dog is a very occasional pleasure for me. The dog is delicious, the sum of it's parts making a decadent delight. Oki is short for Okinawa, where a variation of it inspired the Oki Dog. 

SeamusD
  • Total Posts : 939
RE: Special Quesadilla - Wed, 02/5/14 11:53 AM
Sandy Eggo

I do that with Thanksgiving leftovers. Sublime.

iluvcfood
  • Total Posts : 395
RE: Special Quesadilla - Wed, 02/5/14 11:19 PM
Sandy Eggo

Lasagna Burritos are GREAT!  Where I used to live there was a popular Mex fast food place that sold Lasagna Burritos and I would eat them often!

fishtaco
  • Total Posts : 740
Re:Special Quesadilla - Thu, 04/3/14 11:56 AM
Foodbme

Anything you can put between slices of bread you can put in a tortilla, and then some.
I've found it a little difficult to do it with soup though.

I found that out in my many years in the Navy in San Diego. I like them for BLT's and PBJ's.