Special Quesadilla

Filet Mignon
2005/10/26 00:52:31
Not sure if I should post in the sandwich forum. One of my favorite treats is at a local Mexican place called Burrito Loco. They make what they call a "special quesadilla" which is cheese and pastrami in a tortilla. I love it, though I lnow it sounds a little odd.
trudyn
Cheeseburger
RE: Special Quesadilla 2005/10/26 01:03:13
I know the place. The quesadilla is good and the owner swears it is just like Mama used to make.
mousec
Cheeseburger
RE: Special Quesadilla 2005/10/26 05:58:31
Not so odd...I typically use tortillas to make sandwiches. One of my favorites is honey turkey breast with chedder cheese heated up in a cast iron skillet until the edges of the meat begin to blacken and the cheese is melted. Somtimes I take the less is more approach and use only one tortilla, and fold it over empanada style. Other times I use two tortillas and flip it over once the first side begins to brown. Also, I only use corn tortillas to make my sandwich, flour is to heavy.
Sandy Eggo
Cheeseburger
RE: Special Quesadilla 2005/10/27 17:05:38
Try a Lasagna Burrito.... it's a way to eat pasta on the run and they taste great. Just take a large flour tortilla and roll some (preferably homemade or good take out) lasagna in the tortilla.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Special Quesadilla 2005/10/28 00:30:50
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Eggo

Try a Lasagna Burrito.... it's a way to eat pasta on the run and they taste great. Just take a large flour tortilla and roll some (preferably homemade or good take out) lasagna in the tortilla.

Um, you're saying to roll some pasta into a tortilla? Isn't that just a little strange?
trudyn
Cheeseburger
RE: Special Quesadilla 2005/10/28 02:00:46
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Eggo

Now that is carb loading.
Turtle66
Cheeseburger
Re:Special Quesadilla 2014/02/03 22:01:31
Reminds me of a Ruben Quesadilla i make some times: Pastrami, Sauerkraut ,Swiss Cheese, Jalepenos and Russian Dressing. YUM!  

post edited by Turtle66 - 2014/02/09 21:45:02
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Special Quesadilla 2014/02/04 14:57:51
Anything you can put between slices of bread you can put in a tortilla, and then some.
I've found it a little difficult to do it with soup though.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Special Quesadilla 2014/02/04 18:00:27
And here I've been getting grief from a certain someone because I'll occasionally roll a coupe of hot dogs and some cheese in a tortilla.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Special Quesadilla 2014/02/04 19:00:54
A couple of hot dogs, cheese, pastrami and chili (with beans) rolled up into a flour tortilla and you have an Oki Dog.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Special Quesadilla 2014/02/04 19:06:52
Now that sounds good. What's Oki stand for? Oklahoma?
EdSails
Filet Mignon
Re:Special Quesadilla 2014/02/04 19:15:55
mar52

A couple of hot dogs, cheese, pastrami and chili (with beans) rolled up into a flour tortilla and you have an Oki Dog.

An Oki Dog is a very occasional pleasure for me. The dog is delicious, the sum of it's parts making a decadent delight. Oki is short for Okinawa, where a variation of it inspired the Oki Dog. 

SeamusD
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Special Quesadilla 2014/02/05 11:53:12
Sandy Eggo

I do that with Thanksgiving leftovers. Sublime.
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
RE: Special Quesadilla 2014/02/05 23:19:57
Sandy Eggo

Lasagna Burritos are GREAT!  Where I used to live there was a popular Mex fast food place that sold Lasagna Burritos and I would eat them often!
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Special Quesadilla 2014/04/03 11:56:05
Foodbme

Anything you can put between slices of bread you can put in a tortilla, and then some.
I've found it a little difficult to do it with soup though.

I found that out in my many years in the Navy in San Diego. I like them for BLT's and PBJ's.