Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food

Fieldthistle
  • Total Posts : 1948
  • Reward points : 0
Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food - Fri, 10/28/05 11:44 AM
Hello All,
A whole thread dedicated to Fast Food Franchises. Perhaps we can have fun and show that Fast Food Franchises can be informative.
I work nights and am glad some fast food franchises are open past 10 p.m..
I have found a different quality of service and food when I cruise into an establishment late at night than when I visit them during the day. For the most part, the food is just cooked, except for fries, and the service is better with less order mistakes and a friendly tone, especially if they recognize me as a regular. I know that much of it has to do with the fact that they are not as rushed.
Am I alone in this experience?
Also please share your best and worst experiences at a fast food franchise.
One of my best was when I went into a McDonald's and place an order.
The cashier, asked me if I would like a certain meal plan which was on their cash register, but no longer promoted. It was the same order I had placed, but cheaper under the meal deal.
The worst, of course, was ordering a plain burger and getting the ketchup, onions and pickle on the burger.
But I am a boring guy, surely, someone has some more wild and crazy, or stranger experiences.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

Scorereader
  • Total Posts : 5546
RE: Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food - Fri, 10/28/05 11:51 AM
I'm guessing the McDonald's in the Adam's Morgan neighborhood of D.C., which is a very popular night club/ bar scene area, makes a HUGE profit from it's sales between 2am and 3am.
I've done it before. And I have to say, although the lines are long, it moves very fast.

ScreamingChicken
  • Total Posts : 4722
RE: Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food - Fri, 10/28/05 1:41 PM
Agreed; fewer customers (until bar time) means less premade stuff decomposing under the heatlamps.

Years ago I went to an Arby's just before it closed at midnight and our sandwiches didn't consist of the usual shaved meat but chunks and pieces instead. Granted, maybe we'd had a beer or 2 but those sandwiches actually tasted pretty good!

Brad

AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food - Fri, 10/28/05 2:44 PM
Hmmmm.......I remember as teenagers in the 80's we'd cruise through fast food places late at night and they'd usually throw extra burgers in the bag so I assumed they were burgers that had been sitting there for awhile as the flow of customers dwindled. We were hungry teenagers and didn't care!
I think it's always the luck of the draw re fast food. I have to say in terms of our local McDonald's the food is fresher at the lunch hour, though I rarely go there and just for the dollar double cheeseburger if I'm in a hurry.

Andrea

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15062
RE: Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food - Fri, 10/28/05 2:53 PM

For the Late Nite stops we have two choices in our area...White Castle and D Q . Both are 24 hour operations. Which to choose is usually based on the BAC (level .08 or higher heads to White Castle)

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17823
RE: Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food - Fri, 10/28/05 6:23 PM
I don't know about anywhere else, but there are two McDonald's near me that are open 24 hours a day for drive-through service. At least, that's what their signs say.

stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
RE: Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food - Tue, 11/1/05 12:44 AM
The McDonald's that are open 24 hours, that is not their full menu. It's like 10 items.

I used to work @ Wendy's & close to closing time we would give the fries away, that is what we'd call the "Bonus Bag"--we were just going to throw them out anyway, so why not brighten someone's day w/free fries?

And wouldn't you know, karma is alive & well & I myself got the "Bonus Bag" one time about a year ago. Pop those fries in the toaster oven, good as new.

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5057
RE: Late Night fast food vs. Day and Evening fast food - Tue, 11/1/05 9:22 PM
"Pop those fries in the toaster oven, good as new."

Don't think so... Perhaps maybe if they were prepared "the original way"...