Wendy's

Post
HotDogHead
Double Cheeseburger
2005/11/01 13:52:36
Now that I can risk a fast food post, I have to applaud Wendy's. Out of all the national chains, their food is the freshest and tastiest. Very rarely do I eat at fast food chains but this one is it in a pinch.

Currently, I really like their Bacon Mushroom Melt. I get one each time they are featured. They are not always on the menu.

For a good, inexpensive lunch, their value menu can't be beat. A side salad topped with chicken nuggets and ranch dressing is a light lunch. The Frosty's are a nice treat in the summer time. The fries always seem to be hit or miss.
hatteras04
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/11/01 14:04:21
I agree about the fries. When they are fresh and cooked long enough, they are about my favorite of any fast food chain. However, I would say that they are only like this about 50% of the time. Therefore, I often substitute chili or baked potato.
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/11/01 14:39:11
Hello All,
I like Wendy's Hot and Spicy Chicken and their Chili.
Their burgers are not to my flavour.
Their fries by themselves are bland, but when eaten with the chili or chicken are great.
I have a theory that many fast food places "shape", if that is the right word, the flavour
of their foods or drinks to compliment each other.
For example, I hate Pepsi, but Pizza Hut pizza is a joy with Pepsi. Pepsico or whatever
they call themselves now, owns Pizza Hut.
Again, the chili at Wendy's is so so, but with their fries, taste great.
All the great restaurants do the same...match their flavours or blend them so they taste
great together.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: Wendy's 2005/11/02 00:54:37
quote:
Originally posted by HotDogHead

Now that I can risk a fast food post,
Hmmm. Wonder if the puristas read the fast food forum? Here's a foolproof way to find that out: Start using the word "sammich" for sandwich. That'll bring 'em out of lurk mode.

Apologies to juliev, a nice lady who was hounded off the site by the puristas for using the word sammich.
HotDogHead
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/11/02 12:23:38
quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

quote:
Originally posted by HotDogHead

Now that I can risk a fast food post,
Hmmm. Wonder if the puristas read the fast food forum? Here's a foolproof way to find that out: Start using the word "sammich" for sandwich. That'll bring 'em out of lurk mode.

Apologies to juliev, a nice lady who was hounded off the site by the puristas for using the word sammich.


She shouldn't have been "hounded off the site" but honestly, I hate it when people call it a "sammich". It's like hearing nails on a chalkboard.
huntryce
Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/11/02 17:14:49
Wendy's children's meals now offer mandarin oranges and fat-free chocolate milk as healthier substitute to fries and sodas. I'll order that every once in awhile. Great idea on their part.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: Wendy's 2005/11/02 21:36:49
When I was at Portland State in the late eighties, Wendy's had a $ 0.99 bottomless chile bowl which enabled me to eat fairly well.
MizLiz
Junior Burger
RE: Wendy's 2005/11/02 22:19:57
I'm also a Wendy's fan - I like their Junior Bacon Cheeseburger which I get with a medium diet soda. It's just the right side (I try to keep portion sizes in check - so this little burger is perfect), has some lettuce, is usually fresh and quick and easy. I try to keep fast food down to only once or twice a week and Wendy's works for me.
stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/11/03 00:07:35
I had a Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich for lunch today. I put a packet of hot chili sauce on my baked potato w/the sour cream & chives: YUMMMMM.

ETA: Wendy's does not have their fresh fruit salad during the "winter" in Wisconsin.
Big Ugly Mich
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/07 15:20:24
Wendy's chili and a baked potato with nothing on it is KILLER! Mix-em-up!
Pwingsx
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/07 16:49:45
My sister and I saw a commercial for the bacon mushroom melt the other day, and we both swore it did NOT look like mushrooms in that cheese sauce, it looked like BANANAS.

Wendy's bacon banana melt.
stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/08 00:33:19
quote:
Originally posted by Pwingsx

My sister and I saw a commercial for the bacon mushroom melt the other day, and we both swore it did NOT look like mushrooms in that cheese sauce, it looked like BANANAS.

Wendy's bacon banana melt.
Wendy's hydrogenated oil melt.
scott_partyguy
Junior Burger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/08 08:46:32
I saw an add for the Bacon Mushroom melt a few months ago and it looked SOO GOOD. I busted ass down to Wendys and bought one. It was terrible. It was really small, over cooked, dried out, and worst of all the cheese tasted kind of funk.

However the salads are top notch.
AndreaB
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/09 18:58:32
I have never liked Wendy's. If I had to pick between fast food and a Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Arby's, Long John Silver's, Taco Bell, were there and those were the only choices Wendy's would be at the bottom of my list. I don't like their burgers, and I don't like their fries. I know many like them, but for me "no".

Andrea
MandalayVA
Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/10 01:30:05
My first real job was at a Wendy's. I have been completely unable to eat at any other Wendy's since and it's been over twenty years. I will say no more because the memories I have worked so long to repress are coming back and I have to curl up under my bed in the fetal position now.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/10 08:45:33
Aw come on, bring it all up and share it with us one last time. It'll do you good, cathartic you know. Give us the dirt.
Billfish
Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/10 11:50:57
Wendy's is just too darn inconsistent.One day the burger might taste great,the next day it has no taste,fries might be cooked through but might be undercooked,might have correct amount of salt but just as likely to have no salt at all(??).And this is in the same store.
I guess thats beter than say Burger King,where the burger consistently has no taste,and the fries always stink.
When they hit on all cylinders,Wendy's is above average fastchainfood.But you always feel like you are betting your five bucks on which team shows up that day.
Pwingsx
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/10 18:48:10
I like Wendy's, but there is something just weird about their hamburgers, and that's their smell. It's not bad, it's just different. But I swear, it gets into your pores, and after eating lunch at Wendy's, you SMELL like a Wendy's burger.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/11 11:11:55
Bottom line is this: When at Wendy's & ordering a burger; IF your burger IS NOT taken directly OFF THE GRILL for your sandwich; walk out & avoid in the future. Never, ever should you go through the "drive-thru".

jellybear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/12 13:41:00
Wendys is just plain tasteless.Cardboard comes to mind,I have ate there maybe four times in my life and its always the same garbage.
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/13 04:22:22
I liked Wendys a great deal (my favorite fast food fries), but the last couple of times i've ordered there, one of the patties would be under cooked on my double, so i've not been there in a long time.
MandalayVA
Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/18 22:52:17
quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

Aw come on, bring it all up and share it with us one last time. It'll do you good, cathartic you know. Give us the dirt.


I used to really like their chili ... until I saw that all the hamburgers that got screwed up during the day--INCLUDING THE ONES THAT WERE DROPPED ON THE FLOOR--ended up in it. The Wendy's I worked at had this huge plastic bucket that all the deformed/dirty burgers went in, and at night they'd open the can with the chili fixings, dump it in, break up things with a spoon, and put it in the cooler.

enginecapt, you will now begin to receive my therapy bills.
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/22 02:41:51
Hello All,
MandalayVA, you have just made it impossible for me to eat Wendy's Chili.
Sincerely, thank you. Now where do I go for some good chili?
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/22 03:16:27
quote:
Originally posted by MandalayVA

quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

Aw come on, bring it all up and share it with us one last time. It'll do you good, cathartic you know. Give us the dirt.


I used to really like their chili ... until I saw that all the hamburgers that got screwed up during the day--INCLUDING THE ONES THAT WERE DROPPED ON THE FLOOR--ended up in it. The Wendy's I worked at had this huge plastic bucket that all the deformed/dirty burgers went in, and at night they'd open the can with the chili fixings, dump it in, break up things with a spoon, and put it in the cooler.

enginecapt, you will now begin to receive my therapy bills.


CHILI-MEAT! I remember the tales my friends told about the chili meat. I stay away from the chili, but Wendy's isn't bad in a pinch. Beats KFC, LJS, BK or McD's.
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/22 03:17:38
quote:
Originally posted by Fieldthistle

Hello All,
MandalayVA, you have just made it impossible for me to eat Wendy's Chili.
Sincerely, thank you. Now where do I go for some good chili?
Take Care,
Fieldthistle


Skyline in Cincinnati.
dreamzpainter
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/26 10:33:20



She shouldn't have been "hounded off the site" but honestly, I hate it when people call it a "sammich". It's like hearing nails on a chalkboard.
ah guess ah'll haveta stop callin a sammich ah sammich then. iffen ah kin riemember anyways.. Ah couple triples with cheese hot off the grill, large fries, baked tater w/chili, ah frosty an large coke is probably my 2nd favorite FF lunch next to a couple sacks of krystals w/cheese. Probably be third if there was a WC roun here.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/26 12:11:09
quote:
Originally posted by stricken_detective

I had a Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich for lunch today. I put a packet of hot chili sauce on my baked potato w/the sour cream & chives: YUMMMMM.

ETA: Wendy's does not have their fresh fruit salad during the "winter" in Wisconsin.


Wendy's has discontinued offering fruit, systemwide. The company said it was costing too much and losing money.
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/26 18:03:36
quote:
Originally posted by HotDogHead

quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

quote:
Originally posted by HotDogHead

Now that I can risk a fast food post,
Hmmm. Wonder if the puristas read the fast food forum? Here's a foolproof way to find that out: Start using the word "sammich" for sandwich. That'll bring 'em out of lurk mode.

Apologies to juliev, a nice lady who was hounded off the site by the puristas for using the word sammich.


Uh, oh, I have used the blashmeous word, but no one has cursed me yet..
Better clean up my act, I guess!
Tara
And dont bother go looking!
I admitted it!

She shouldn't have been "hounded off the site" but honestly, I hate it when people call it a "sammich". It's like hearing nails on a chalkboard.
WingLover
Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2005/12/30 10:15:23
I have always been a fan of Wendy's jr. bacon cheeseburgers, baked potatoes (sour cream/chives or bacon/cheese) and the Frosty's.

Not a fan of the fries. The chicken nuggets are OK.

~Jessica
stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2006/01/01 23:14:06
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
Originally posted by stricken_detective

I had a Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich for lunch today. I put a packet of hot chili sauce on my baked potato w/the sour cream & chives: YUMMMMM.

ETA: Wendy's does not have their fresh fruit salad during the "winter" in Wisconsin.


Wendy's has discontinued offering fruit, systemwide. The company said it was costing too much and losing money.
Oh, no! Thanks for the info. I can still get the mandarin oranges, so that is what I chose, in a pinch.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: Wendy's 2006/01/02 02:20:07
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90



Uh, oh, I have used the blashmeous word, but no one has cursed me yet..
Better clean up my act, I guess!
Tara
And dont bother go looking!
I admitted it!



You probably won't get any flak now Tara, as the two main loudmouths who did the most complaining have made their dramatic goodbye posts and taken leave of us.
drpep
Cheeseburger
RE: Wendy's 2006/01/03 21:36:16

Start using the word "sammich" for sandwich. That'll bring 'em out of lurk mode.


Sangwich is even worse. Mark Decarlo (sp?) on the Travel Channel used it and I wanted to toss the remote thought the screen.