Zanesville, Ohio

Junior Burger
2005/11/07 10:17:38
Ok, folks, don't laugh. There really is a good seafood place in Z-ville. Phil's Seafood down on Linden.

Huge Alaskan king crab legs. I love crab legs but normally find that eating them is not worth the effort. NOT at Phil's. The effort is rewarded by ample portions of crab meat that, handled correctly, slides right out of the shell.

Most menu items are in the $15-20 range. Crab legs, low $20s. Lobster is seasonally priced if memory serves.

Underwood exit off I-70. Go North around the bend. Turn right on Linden...it's down about a half mile on the left. No reservations, standing room only on weekends. It's about 5 minutes off the interstate.

(Used to be heavy, smoke-filled bar atmosphere, but I think Ohio passed a law outlawing smoking in public places cuz I was there a few weeks ago in October and the air was clear.)

For desert, simply go the opposite way on Linden to Tom's Ice Cream Bowl...a local favorite for years. My parents went on a date there many moons ago, before I was born...and I'm 47. Good old timey ice cream favorites, sandwich menu, very reasonable prices.
Deborah9481
Junior Burger
RE: Zanesville, Ohio 2005/11/07 11:09:12
Well, I'm originally from Zanesville, now live in Florida where there's lots of good seafood. Phil's is good and probably one of the better places to eat in Zanesville. If you are interested in Zanesville, try the Muddy Mizer in Putnam.
Marc4022
Junior Burger
RE: Zanesville, Ohio 2005/11/07 14:23:43
quote:
Originally posted by Deborah9481

Well, I'm originally from Zanesville, now live in Florida where there's lots of good seafood. Phil's is good and probably one of the better places to eat in Zanesville. If you are interested in Zanesville, try the Muddy Mizer in Putnam.

Thank you. Will do. Is Adornetto's still there? Used to have great pizza back in the day.
Williamsburger
Cheeseburger
RE: Zanesville, Ohio 2005/11/10 10:13:24
Thanks for the tips for Zanesville. We visit my husband's family in Marietta annually and often go through Zanesville on the way to Flint Ridge or Newark.

Cathy
tiki
Filet Mignon
RE: Zanesville, Ohio 2005/11/10 10:48:16
quote:
Originally posted by Marc4022

quote:
Originally posted by Deborah9481

Thank you. Will do. Is Adornetto's still there? Used to have great pizza back in the day.

I've eaten that pizza!!!---had a friend in California that grew up there and one year on a road trip to the east coast we stopped in to check out his old town and had dinner there3---usually i am NOT a fan of pizza away from the east coast--but that ws a good one---be nice if its stiil around abd offerung midAmerica a better choice the PizzaHut!!
rosejm
Junior Burger
RE: Zanesville, Ohio 2009/06/27 14:43:02
Ok then.  It was about seafood, but had a question asked about the locale (Zanesville, OH).

Pizza removed
post edited by rosejm - 2009/06/27 15:25:46
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Zanesville, Ohio 2009/06/27 14:55:40
Sounds like a good seafood place...if you want to discuss pizza then move this thread-it was very misleading