Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity

Junior Burger
2005/11/18 12:56:06
Do you have a favorite place that serves the best dessert in town? How about the biggest? More ornate, beautiful dessert you've ever seen?

My name is Mindy Christiansen, and I am a researcher for Food Network's new show, Sugar Rush, which is built around this very concept: outstanding, specatular dessert in every shape and form around the country, from oozing chocolate to gorgeous sugar sculptures.

If you have any suggestions for exquisite, highly-talented pastry chefs, bakeries, restaurants, dessert bars, and everything inbetween, I would love to hear about them, and your opinion of them. Note: We would like to find somebody who has a fun and enthusiastic personality.

If this sounds like you or you know someone who fits the bill, please email me with the following info:

Name
Company
Website
Phone number

Seeing as the people posting on this site are excited and passionate about food in all its forms, I look forward to hearing from you. You can reach me at MChristiansen@highnoonentertainment.com. Thank you! :)

Mindy Christiansen
Sugar Rush
High Noon Entertainment

Compensation: Possible chance to be featured on Food Network's Sugar Rush

markolenski
Cheeseburger
RE: Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity 2005/11/18 13:02:21
In San Diego we have Extraordinary Desserts
http://www.extraordinarydesserts.com/extraordinarydesserts/
Sandy Eggo
Cheeseburger
RE: Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity 2005/11/20 15:31:30
I second Karen Krasne's Extraordinary desserts.
berndog
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity 2005/11/20 16:21:34
The Mykonos Cafe, a wonderful Greek restaurant in Rochester has the most unbelieveble desserts I have ever seen in any restuarant or bakery. There is a huge refrigerated display case in the front of the restaurant full of very high stacked pies and cakes that are all made in their own kitchen.

We usually don't have room for dessert when we dine out, but this is one place where my wife orders a smaller meal or leaves extra leftover to take home so she can enjoy one of the pies or cakes.
Minns
Junior Burger
RE: Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity 2005/11/28 14:28:02
Ah, excellent. Thank you! Keep the suggestions comin'!
efuery
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity 2005/11/28 14:41:35
Blue Colony Diner in Newtown CT has pastries that are bigger than your head for only a couple bucks.

There used to be a little place in Greeley CO that made awesome giant cinnamon rolls. I can't remember the name of the place but it was near Route 85
tsores
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity 2005/11/30 14:45:29
Mindy: Have you already gone through the restaurant reviews on this site? Read through the forum threads? Perhaps you can do some of your own research.
Minns
Junior Burger
RE: Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity 2005/11/30 14:48:40
Thanks, tsores--I have done some reading already, and plan to do more. :)
Tumbleweed365
Cheeseburger
RE: Food Network's SUGAR RUSH Opportunity 2005/11/30 16:32:06
The Bonbonerie in Cincinnati, Ohio is great.