The Ranchifacation of America

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 61 to 78 of 78
Author Message
enginecapt
  • Total Posts : 3486
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 6/4/2004
  • Location: Fontana, CA
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Thu, 01/26/06 4:45 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by redtressed



1 cup Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 cup of either apple cider or red wine vinegar
2 TBLSP Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce(And I MEAN LEa and Perrins)




Nothing but flavored vinegar with butter. Blech.

Extreme Glow
  • Total Posts : 717
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 10/31/2003
  • Location: Saint Louis, MO
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Thu, 01/26/06 5:19 PM
0
Ranch... Vile beyond description.

garryd451
  • Total Posts : 699
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/28/2004
  • Location: dowagiac, MI
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Sat, 01/28/06 2:59 PM
0
I have two sons, ages 13 and 17. I noticed that they use some Ranch Dressing, but not as much as they use salsa, man, I am always buying salsa! I also noticed their friends eating alot of salsa but not alot of Ranch Dressing.

You do see fast food and places in the malls serve Ranch Dressing alot for a dip with things like Onion Rings, Garlic Bread, Fried Veggies, Fried Cheese and etc.

pcdiva
  • Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/28/2005
  • Location: Atlanta, GA
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Sun, 01/29/06 12:34 AM
0
I also like to jazz up the prepared version with some dried dill and parmesan cheese. That also makes a great dip for even more fried things!!!! And pizza bones... But I still prefer mayo on my french fries.

Remember, it takes all kinds to make this world great!

Alice

garryd451
  • Total Posts : 699
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/28/2004
  • Location: dowagiac, MI
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Sun, 01/29/06 1:13 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by pcdiva

I also like to jazz up the prepared version with some dried dill and parmesan cheese. That also makes a great dip for even more fried things!!!! And pizza bones... But I still prefer mayo on my french fries.

Remember, it takes all kinds to make this world great!

Alice



Alice, you are so right!

I gonna have to try that Ranch Dressing on my Salmon, that really sounds good!

I have 3 cousiens that put suar on their cottage cheese, my wife puts mustatd on her french fries and when my late Father was a fireman, his captain put gravy on cake, no matter what kind of cake!!

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 8/15/2005
  • Location: columbus, oh
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Sun, 01/29/06 3:10 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Extreme Glow

Ranch... Vile beyond description.

I am with you.. Tried it once, and hated it.

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 8/15/2005
  • Location: columbus, oh
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Sun, 01/29/06 3:11 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Extreme Glow

Ranch... Vile beyond description.

I am with you.. Tried it once, and hated it.
Seem like it is served with everything fried, and most everything else for lack of imagination.

dogmeat
  • Total Posts : 113
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/25/2004
  • Location: Melrose, FL
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Sun, 01/29/06 9:55 PM
0
So Ranch has become the "darling dressing" replacing Thousand Island thirty years ago, big deal. Gotta love America for offering so many types of Ranch at every price level, it is a huge business covering the dressing and sauce catagory. Ever tried Hellman's refridgerated version?

BT
  • Total Posts : 3589
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/3/2004
  • Location: San Francisco, CA
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 12:17 AM
0
Question: Anyone have a clue why it's called "Ranch"?

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 1/28/2004
  • Location: West Peoria, IL
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 2:32 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by BT

Question: Anyone have a clue why it's called "Ranch"?

Hiram Callahan's post on the first page of this thread gives the website that explains how it originated:

http://www.slate.com/id/2123991/

BearHit
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 11/16/2005
  • Location: Moorestown, NJ
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 8:13 AM
0
I lived on the Gulf Coast in Mississippi for several years.

I was surprised to learn that most Pizza joints there stock the tables with CATALINA dressing as a topper for your pie.

I did try it naturally - and it was "interesting" anyway...

Growing up in the Midwest - it was normal to dip your grilled cheese sandwich in Catsup -I've met folks who were shocked at that.

I used to think Bleu Cheese dressing was foul in every way - until I tried it with Hot Wings and Celery (and Beer)

And Pabst Breweries are responsible for brewing Old Style too...

Nothing better for a day at Wrigley!




dogmeat
  • Total Posts : 113
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/25/2004
  • Location: Melrose, FL
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 8:30 AM
0
I use the dried packets by Hidden Valley so that I can control the consistantcy of the dressing. It's great to add fresh herbs,lemon juice,sundried tomatoes for a large 7 layered salad for a group of fifty gathering for The SuperBowl and don't forget the 10lbs of applewood smoked bacon bits for the top!!

garryd451
  • Total Posts : 699
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/28/2004
  • Location: dowagiac, MI
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 1:12 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by BearHit

I lived on the Gulf Coast in Mississippi for several years.

I was surprised to learn that most Pizza joints there stock the tables with CATALINA dressing as a topper for your pie.

I did try it naturally - and it was "interesting" anyway...

Growing up in the Midwest - it was normal to dip your grilled cheese sandwich in Catsup -I've met folks who were shocked at that.

I used to think Bleu Cheese dressing was foul in every way - until I tried it with Hot Wings and Celery (and Beer)

And Pabst Breweries are responsible for brewing Old Style too...

Nothing better for a day at Wrigley.



Not only do they brew Old Style, they brew many other beers, see link below

http://www.pabst.com/mainpage.html

BT
  • Total Posts : 3589
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/3/2004
  • Location: San Francisco, CA
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 5:26 PM
0
Another question: Shouldn't it be "Ranchification"?

MilwFoodlovers
  • Total Posts : 3090
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 3/31/2001
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 9:26 PM
0
quote:
And Pabst Breweries are responsible for brewing Old Style too...

Nothing better for a day at Wrigley.




Not only do they brew Old Style, they brew many other beers, see link below

http://www.pabst.com/mainpage.html

Sorry to correct you but Pabst is merely a holding company without their own breweries. Many, if not all of the beers listed, are brewed under contract by Miller. The employee's of the former Heileman in LaCrosse brew City Lager, LaCrosse Lager and Kul among others. They seem to be doing well and are a good choice for you Old Style fans. http://www.citybrewery.com/

garryd451
  • Total Posts : 699
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/28/2004
  • Location: dowagiac, MI
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 11:41 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers

quote:
And Pabst Breweries are responsible for brewing Old Style too...

Nothing better for a day at Wrigley.




Not only do they brew Old Style, they brew many other beers, see link below

http://www.pabst.com/mainpage.html

Sorry to correct you but Pabst is merely a holding company without their own breweries. Many, if not all of the beers listed, are brewed under contract by Miller. The employee's of the former Heileman in LaCrosse brew City Lager, LaCrosse Lager and Kul among others. They seem to be doing well and are a good choice for you Old Style fans. http://www.citybrewery.com/



I was only going by the PABST website, I guess I got the wrong impression from that webpage!!!!

sorry,

Garry

mr chips
  • Total Posts : 4715
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 2/19/2003
  • Location: portland, OR
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Mon, 01/30/06 11:57 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by 6star

quote:
Originally posted by BT

Question: Anyone have a clue why it's called "Ranch"?

Hiram Callahan's post on the first page of this thread gives the website that explains how it originated:

http://www.slate.com/id/2123991/
Thanks for the link. The article was informative.

BearHit
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 11/16/2005
  • Location: Moorestown, NJ
RE: The Ranchifacation of America - Tue, 01/31/06 7:13 AM
0
And Miller Breweries are now owned by a South African company?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 61 to 78 of 78