Christmas ice cream treats

Junior Burger
2005/12/11 08:51:13
Say, I don't know if they sell these anymore but I remembered in my childhood in the 70's and 80's when they had these vanilla ice cream balls that were covered in coconut with a candle on the top. (Or was it a wax holly leaf and berries?) I can't find these anymore! Doesn't anyone remember what I'm talking about?
BunnySlippers
Cheeseburger
RE: Christmas ice cream treats 2005/12/11 11:48:28
I remember these from when I was growing up in Greensboro, NC in the late sixties and early seventies. All the "Nice Southern Lady" friends of my parents always served them at Christmas teas and dinner parties - my young sensibilities were very impressed, I recall both the candles (earlier) and the plastic holly(later)and I believe they were served in little fluted paper cups.

I recall that they came from Guilford Dairies store, which later became United Dairies, then disappeared altogether. I haven't seen them in years though. Ahh, fond memories. As a youngster I thought these were the height of sophistication.

... Bunny
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Christmas ice cream treats 2005/12/15 16:24:58
quote:
Originally posted by BunnySlippers

I remember these from when I was growing up in Greensboro, NC in the late sixties and early seventies. All the "Nice Southern Lady" friends of my parents always served them at Christmas teas and dinner parties - my young sensibilities were very impressed, I recall both the candles (earlier) and the plastic holly(later)and I believe they were served in little fluted paper cups.

I recall that they came from Guilford Dairies store, which later became United Dairies, then disappeared altogether. I haven't seen them in years though. Ahh, fond memories. As a youngster I thought these were the height of sophistication.

... Bunny

I remember in the 1950's, My Mother and her Sisters, made these for Teas and Showers,aoo of us kids thought they were really awesome and fancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!