Hockey Food

Double Cheeseburger
2003/06/02 20:39:54
In spirit, I am attending every Stanley Cup Finals game. Indulge my fantasy even more by telling me what I would be eating before/during/after my trips to the Pond and Continental Airlines Arena.

Can't get enough food or hockey,
Meowzart
rumbelly
Cheeseburger
RE: Hockey Food 2003/06/02 21:04:18
Hockey demands a Montreal smoked meat sandwich, where hockey is still a religion.
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Hockey Food 2003/06/03 03:50:08
Alright, for The Pond in Anaheim: I have never eaten at their concession stands, but they aren't known for their food like The Forum or Dodger Stadium are. The main thing you want to eat when you don't know where to eat in Southern CA is Mexican. Almost any place will be great.

There is a place near Disneyland called The Spaghetti Station. I would give the food only a "B" but it is an experience. The whole place is an old west museum, and any visitor to Anaheim just has to go there, even if just to look around (999 West Ball Rd). 2 classics are Angelo's burgers which still has car hops (511 South State College Blvd), and La Palma Chicken Pie Shop (928 N Euclid). The Pond is close to Long Beach, so check out that thread in the "Where do I Eat?" forum. It is also close to "Little Saigon" and one can get good Vietnamese nearby.

Many visitors to Anaheim decide to go to Disneyland during their visit. For anyone doing so:

Be prepared to be confronted with some of the worst food ever known to mankind. Eat at the New Orleans themed place at "Downtown Disney" before going into the park if you can. If you are stuck in the park and starving, there are only 2 edible things in the park: Royal Street Veranda, next to Pirates of the Carribean, has a chowder in a bread bowl that is good, and Bengal BBQ across from the Jungle Cruise has bacon-wrapped asparagus kabobs that are actually delicious. Otherwise, if faced between eating a "burger", "pizza" or one of the 7 Dwarves, may I suggest Doc or Bashful...