One just opened in my area

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5055
  • Reward points : 0
One just opened in my area - Wed, 01/4/06 6:59 PM
For a franchised restaurant, this "ain't" to bad...

http://www.barberitos.com/home.aspx

enginecapt
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: One just opened in my area - Wed, 01/4/06 11:33 PM
Wouldn't work here. At least they had the decency to not call it Mexican. I like a place that posts their prices online.

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6219
RE: One just opened in my area - Thu, 01/5/06 3:23 AM
They post their prices online.......click onto "Menu". Tried it Adjudicator? Any good?

enginecapt
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: One just opened in my area - Thu, 01/5/06 12:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

They post their prices online.......click onto "Menu".
I saw that. That's why I underhandedly complimented them.

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
RE: One just opened in my area - Thu, 01/5/06 2:37 PM
I was meeting a friend at a point halfway between us so I looked up various restaurants in the area and based our selection by the prices and menu items shown on their website. When we arrived, we discovered that menu had changed and the prices were 1 - 2 dollars higher. It's nice when a website keeps up todate. The photos for the food at Barberitos are not very appealing.

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: One just opened in my area - Thu, 01/5/06 7:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kland01s

I was meeting a friend at a point halfway between us so I looked up various restaurants in the area and based our selection by the prices and menu items shown on their website. When we arrived, we discovered that menu had changed and the prices were 1 - 2 dollars higher. It's nice when a website keeps up todate. The photos for the food at Barberitos are not very appealing.

I thought the pictures of the food also did not look good.. The tomato's looked like the ones you get in the 3 or 4 pack at the grocery store,- and the cheese/queso dip looked like something very white, even though i know lots of mexican places use the white queso.. but still it looked kinda watery........
Maybe the franchising kinda hurt the quality of the food....Looks like too many too soon, according to their list of "Coming soon"..
Maybe they need a new web master!

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5055
RE: One just opened in my area - Thu, 01/5/06 8:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
Originally posted by kland01s

I thought the pictures of the food also did not look good.. The tomato's looked like the ones you get in the 3 or 4 pack at the grocery store,- and the cheese/queso dip looked like something very white, even though i know lots of mexican places use the white queso.. but still it looked kinda watery........
Maybe the franchising kinda hurt the quality of the food....Looks like too many too soon, according to their list of "Coming soon"..
Maybe they need a new web master!

Generic pics. The "real" stuff is much better. Why is everyone so friggin' negative???? Are all not judging food by a web site? O.K., fine. My next post: Finding quality meats at your local Subway.

dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: One just opened in my area - Sat, 01/7/06 2:50 PM

Originally posted by Adjudicator
My next post: Finding quality meats at your local Subway.

^5, I fell outta my chair..