Chicago style relish

myway
  • Total Posts : 308
  • Reward points : 0
Chicago style relish - Sun, 01/15/06 2:49 PM
Hi,
I am looking to get the brite green Chicago style relish. I run a cart and want to do Chicago dogs this coming season. Due to my location I cannot get a hold of Vienna Beefs relish. Any other brands out there?

signman
  • Total Posts : 1743
RE: Chicago style relish - Sun, 01/15/06 4:33 PM
I don't know of any brands, or where you could get them, but I want to applaud you for knowing and caring to serve the neon green relish. Fact is, most of your customers won't know the difference, and for those that do, if you are in such an out of the way location, they would be happy to have a Chicago style even if the relish isn't perfect.

chicagostyledog
  • Total Posts : 3218
RE: Chicago style relish - Sun, 01/15/06 9:06 PM
Myway, the relish you're looking for is made by Chipico(Chicago Pickle Company)which is owned by Vienna Beef. It can be purchased in 2 & 5 gallon pails. It called "hot dog relish, coarse-bright green." It's available from Sysco or call Vienna Beef in Chicago and ask for their local supplier. If all else fails, look for "Rolf's Deil Style Sweet Pickle Reilsh" at a local food store. It's similar to the Chipico product.

CSD

garryd451
  • Total Posts : 699
RE: Chicago style relish - Sun, 01/15/06 10:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by garryd451

quote:
Originally posted by myway

Hi,
I am looking to get the brite green Chicago style relish. I run a cart and want to do Chicago dogs this coming season. Due to my location I cannot get a hold of Vienna Beefs relish. Any other brands out there?

I don't know your location, but below is the link to Veinna Beef in Chicago, on this website they have pages that lists both their's and their vendor's address and location information.

http://www.viennabeef.com/enter.htm

azure
  • Total Posts : 98
RE: Chicago style relish - Wed, 01/18/06 11:22 PM
Hi myway,
If the Chipico/Vienna trail runs cold, you can try Fluky's. From their web site:
Fluky's first started in 1929 on Maxwell and Halsted Streets in Chicago. We carried all the character and romance for which Chicago Street Merchants were famous, and Fluky's reputation as having the best "Hot Dog" in the city started to grow.
http://www.flukys.com/
SWEET RELISH
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Our ever famous Fluorescent Green Relish is the most popular product besides our beef. Coming in four one gallon containers, it is often referred to as "Piccalilli" by those familiar with the Chicago Style Hot Dog. This sweet relish contains only premium ingredients, and requires only a teaspoon to decorate the Dog.
Good luck! BTW, where is your cart???

nyczoo
  • Total Posts : 23
RE: Chicago style relish - Thu, 01/19/06 10:22 PM
Where are you going to do the Chicago Dogs at? Im from Chicago and get back there every so often. I usually pick up a few gallons when I am back there. If you are close to me, Ill bring ya some. And that's right...it has to be the NEON GREEN stuff. Dont forget the sport peppers!!!