Chicago and Northwest Indiana great soups

Cheeseburger
2006/02/06 12:47:51
Where in the Chicagoland area, or Northwest Indiana, can I get some great soups? Not out of can, but home made with T.L.C. If you know of someplace, please include the address, name, and city it is in.

Thank you for your help.
RubyRose
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Chicago and Northwest Indiana great soups 2006/02/06 13:09:12
Not sure about your area, but here in PA at this time of year, many churches have soup sales as a fundraiser. They usually sell them on a Saturday by pints and quarts as takeout only. Check your smaller community newspapers or Advertisers or busy bulletin boards at supermarkets for notices of upcoming soup sales. Good luck in your search!
Tristan Indiana
Cheeseburger
RE: Chicago and Northwest Indiana great soups 2006/03/09 18:21:13
Polish Guy

If your looking for traditional Polish soups in Chicago, both the Northpoint on W. North Ave. and Smak Tak on N. Elston Ave. make a version of flaki or tripe soup. I've not located anyplace in the area with czernina on the menu. I guess the blood probably upsets some people.

Tristan
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Chicago and Northwest Indiana great soups 2006/03/09 20:18:17
Czemina soup, can be had a the Cavaller Inn. at 735 Gostlin, Hammond, or the Highlander Restaurant, on Elston Ave. near the Midway Airport. Of the two, I like Highlander best of the two, full Polish meals, Polish type building, and great food, for a fair price. Try it and let me know what you think.
CoolJules1965
Junior Burger
RE: Chicago and Northwest Indiana great soups 2006/10/20 06:08:12
Cristo's, on HWY 2 in LaPorte, IN has the best Rosa Marina soup. When I go home to visit, Rosa Marina soup is always on my must do list. They also have some wonderful open face sandwiches. The prices are great for the amount of food that is served.