The Best Burrito Ever

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Junior Burger
RE: The Best Burrito Ever 2007/08/01 15:23:39
This goes back to the late 80's, Driving with my aunt to a Oakland A's game and stopping at this little dive bar (I think it was called "Talk of the Town") and getting burritos to bring to the game. They were delicious and big. I fondly remember the juice running down my arm and washing it down with margaritas that my aunt smuggled in. One of the highlights of my visit!
Big Kahuna Kooks
Cheeseburger
RE: The Best Burrito Ever 2007/08/21 13:43:27
two most memorable both were found in LA. one was at a dive taqueria and it was as big as my head. took two hands to heft the thing to my mouth. Also in the torrance area was a quiet little place that had great ones. broke da mouth.
CARASCHOTCH
Junior Burger
RE: The Best Burrito Ever 2010/09/18 00:01:45
BT
... I had my first one in 1976 at a place in the Financial District called Pepito's Burritos. I had the same reaction you did to your first one 23 years later...

Oh YES!!!  YES YES YES YESSSSSS!!  Kearney Street and Sutter, I think?  The best burrito in the world, ever.  I long for them.  I DREAM about them!  Long after I moved away I came back and brought my husband to try one!  My favourite was the chicken or the carnitas with extra cheese and extra hot sauce.  Yes, it was Mission style and yes, you had to use both hands, but I swear to you it was better than sex ever has been.  We planned another trip there years later and were dreaming of a repeat feast--- only to be told the kids in the family didn't want to continue, and Pepitos had closed.  I went through the six stages of grief, and I have never had one that compares.

I wish I could sit down with you and talk about the Old Days! 

Thanks for the smiles and the drool--- I haven't heard anyone mention Pepitos (didn't they have another location near the East Bay bus terminal?) for years!

Cara
BT
Filet Mignon
RE: The Best Burrito Ever 2010/11/23 01:58:15
CARASCHOTCH
Thanks for the smiles and the drool--- I haven't heard anyone mention Pepitos (didn't they have another location near the East Bay bus terminal?) for years!

Cara

You are welcome.  Yes, I believe they did have a location near the old TransBay Terminal (currently under demolition for the new TransBay Terminal/CalTrain Station).

I too really loved the burrito I had there but these days I can't say if it was really that exceptional or simply seemed wonderful because it was the first one I ever had.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2