Tommy2dogs
  • Total Posts : 348
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice - Fri, 02/24/06 8:23 PM

CookieMonster
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice - Sun, 03/5/06 1:43 AM
I love these. I can eat myself sick on them. I bought them in NY all the time when I lived there. Never saw them anyplace else I lived or traveled. When I went back to NY to visit I'd buy a bunch. On a trip back a few years ago, I couldn't find them. My parents hunted all over Long Island for me, and finally found them at a place that sold all kinds of candy. I have searched for them online, and found that they are not available. Try searching for "delfa roll" or "danish ribbon".

oldtimecandy.com says the delfa rolls are discontinued. So do a few other websites. I think maybe the are gone for good.

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice - Sun, 03/5/06 2:24 AM
If you want strawberry flavor Danish ribbon red licorice type candy, go here:

http://www.thecandycompany.com/Gummy_Candy/index.html

kublisq
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice - Mon, 10/13/08 2:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CookieMonster

I love these. I can eat myself sick on them. I bought them in NY all the time when I lived there. Never saw them anyplace else I lived or traveled. When I went back to NY to visit I'd buy a bunch. On a trip back a few years ago, I couldn't find them. My parents hunted all over Long Island for me, and finally found them at a place that sold all kinds of candy. I have searched for them online, and found that they are not available. Try searching for "delfa roll" or "danish ribbon".

oldtimecandy.com says the delfa rolls are discontinued. So do a few other websites. I think maybe the are gone for good.

If you like Delfa Roll, try Kookaburra licorice. They are the closest tasting licorice you'll find to Delfa Roll. I wished i had stocked up on these before they were discontinued. You can find Kookaburra on various web sites. Amazon sells them.

kirstine
  • Total Posts : 264
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice - Mon, 10/13/08 4:36 PM
I second the Kookaburra licorice, its delicious! Can't get it in Northern Ireland so I'm looking forward to going back to the States to get some again!

kublisq
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice - Tue, 10/14/08 2:10 PM
I just bought some here: 4greatcandy.com/koli.html

It's a lot cheaper than what i found in Boston. I paid nearly $12 a pound.

Kathrynshm
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice - Sun, 10/19/08 7:41 PM
I'm a lover of Delfa Rolls too, and am sad to hear that they have been discontinued. I have found a similar flavor in Red Vines new Pink Strawberry Licorice Vines. You might want to give them a try. Not quite the same as Delfa Rolls, but a decent substitute.

Nobabbling
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice - Sun, 08/30/09 4:47 PM
THEY ARE BACK! I just placed my pre-order with O'Ryan's (orayns.com).  I figured there are others who search for these every now and then.