Tommy2dogs
Cheeseburger
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice 2006/02/24 20:23:58
Try this place
http://www.dutchsweets.com/licorice.php
CookieMonster
Junior Burger
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice 2006/03/05 01:43:08
I love these. I can eat myself sick on them. I bought them in NY all the time when I lived there. Never saw them anyplace else I lived or traveled. When I went back to NY to visit I'd buy a bunch. On a trip back a few years ago, I couldn't find them. My parents hunted all over Long Island for me, and finally found them at a place that sold all kinds of candy. I have searched for them online, and found that they are not available. Try searching for "delfa roll" or "danish ribbon".

oldtimecandy.com says the delfa rolls are discontinued. So do a few other websites. I think maybe the are gone for good.
6star
Filet Mignon
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice 2006/03/05 02:24:46
If you want strawberry flavor Danish ribbon red licorice type candy, go here:

http://www.thecandycompany.com/Gummy_Candy/index.html
kublisq
Junior Burger
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice 2008/10/13 14:19:52
quote:
Originally posted by CookieMonster

I love these. I can eat myself sick on them. I bought them in NY all the time when I lived there. Never saw them anyplace else I lived or traveled. When I went back to NY to visit I'd buy a bunch. On a trip back a few years ago, I couldn't find them. My parents hunted all over Long Island for me, and finally found them at a place that sold all kinds of candy. I have searched for them online, and found that they are not available. Try searching for "delfa roll" or "danish ribbon".

oldtimecandy.com says the delfa rolls are discontinued. So do a few other websites. I think maybe the are gone for good.

If you like Delfa Roll, try Kookaburra licorice. They are the closest tasting licorice you'll find to Delfa Roll. I wished i had stocked up on these before they were discontinued. You can find Kookaburra on various web sites. Amazon sells them.
kirstine
Cheeseburger
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice 2008/10/13 16:36:25
I second the Kookaburra licorice, its delicious! Can't get it in Northern Ireland so I'm looking forward to going back to the States to get some again!
kublisq
Junior Burger
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice 2008/10/14 14:10:52
I just bought some here: 4greatcandy.com/koli.html

It's a lot cheaper than what i found in Boston. I paid nearly $12 a pound.
Kathrynshm
Junior Burger
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice 2008/10/19 19:41:10
I'm a lover of Delfa Rolls too, and am sad to hear that they have been discontinued. I have found a similar flavor in Red Vines new Pink Strawberry Licorice Vines. You might want to give them a try. Not quite the same as Delfa Rolls, but a decent substitute.
Nobabbling
Junior Burger
RE: Danish Ribbon red licorice 2009/08/30 16:47:29
THEY ARE BACK! I just placed my pre-order with O'Ryan's (orayns.com).  I figured there are others who search for these every now and then.
kenwiesen
Junior Burger
Re:Danish Ribbon red licorice 2014/06/12 07:00:15
Danish Ribbons / Delfa Roll is a very special licorice made with a proprietary flavor and formula. Unfortunately a product, the Broadway Roll that is currently on the market has used Danish Ribbons / Delfa Roll names to try to attract buyers. While they look similar they are not close in taste.
Iconic Candy of NY has offered the Original Danish Ribbons / Delfa Roll and will be rolling them out for full production and sales by late summer 2014.