Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips

Author Message
jeffreydkern
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 2/24/2006
  • Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Fri, 02/24/06 8:00 PM
0
I've read great reviews on these chips and I was wondering where one could buy these via the Internet. The Golden Flake website store doesn't have them listed to buy online, BTW. I am building a home theater, bar, and concession stand and would love to offer these chips to my guests; but I cannot locate anywhere online to buy. Any ideas? Thanks!

Cheers,
Jeff

wheregreggeats.com
  • Total Posts : 4530
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/13/2003
  • Location: Northampton, MA
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 02/26/06 10:20 AM
0
There must be Internet grocers.

My problem with flavored chips is that most are decent chips with a grotesque list of chemical's adding the "flavor."

I know I'm in a minority, I prefer good plain chips. Key Word: good.

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5055
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/20/2003
  • Location: Tallahassee, FL
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 02/26/06 10:27 AM
0
Are you sure they are Golden Flake? Of all places you SHOULD be able to get them is the company store. I looked but didn't see them either. Have you tried

http://taquitos.net/



Welcome to RF, BTW...

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5055
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/20/2003
  • Location: Tallahassee, FL
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 02/26/06 10:40 AM

jeffreydkern
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 2/24/2006
  • Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Mon, 02/27/06 1:15 PM
0
Yes, taquitos.net is where I originally discovered them. After the review said they taste just like a McDonald's Cheeseburger, I knew I had to give them a try. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyplace online to buy them. Which is a major bummer.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17795
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 7/1/2000
  • Location: Gahanna, OH
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Mon, 02/27/06 1:29 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Orchunter

Yes, taquitos.net is where I originally discovered them. After the review said they taste just like a McDonald's Cheeseburger, I knew I had to give them a try. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyplace online to buy them. Which is a major bummer.

I find it difficult to understand why anyone would want to eat something that tastes like a McDonald's cheeseburger.

jeffreydkern
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 2/24/2006
  • Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Mon, 02/27/06 1:33 PM
0
I completely agree, BTW. I actually gave up McDonald's and other fast food joints (i.e. Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc.) about 6 years ago and haven't eaten in their establishments since. So, I thought it would be somewhat cool to get the 'taste' of McDonald's without having to eat any their food. If that makes any sense.

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 8/15/2005
  • Location: columbus, oh
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 03/5/06 2:40 PM
0

UncleVic
  • Total Posts : 6025
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 10/14/2003
  • Location: West Palm Beach, FL
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 03/5/06 2:52 PM
0
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90




I agree... Just give me a plain chip fried in some artery stopping fat!

RibRater
  • Total Posts : 1862
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 3/3/2006
  • Location: Johnson City, TN
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 03/5/06 4:32 PM
0
I buy my kettle chips at snackaisle.com - they pick the flavors I want by hand, pack them, and ship. Doesn't get better. If they don't have the item you want try dropping them a note.

jeffreydkern
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 2/24/2006
  • Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Mon, 03/6/06 12:59 PM
0


I agree... Just give me a plain chip fried in some artery stopping fat!



Of course.

porkchopexpress
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 9/29/2006
  • Location: White House, TN
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sat, 09/30/06 9:17 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Orchunter

I've read great reviews on these chips and I was wondering where one could buy these via the Internet. The Golden Flake website store doesn't have them listed to buy online, BTW. I am building a home theater, bar, and concession stand and would love to offer these chips to my guests; but I cannot locate anywhere online to buy. Any ideas? Thanks!

Cheers,
Jeff

They sell golden Flakes chips here in TN. I would be glad to ship them to you if you are still interested

AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/6/2004
  • Location: Versailles, KY
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 10/29/06 10:24 AM
0
Echh Golden Flake, to me, always had a weird texture and was too greasy. I like flavored chips, but cheeseburger flavored sounds atrocious. Give me sweet potato chips or vinegar and salt chips or good BBQ chips or good green onion chips and I'll be happy.
I looked in my local Kroger's to see if they had the cheeseburger chips, and they did not. They probably had about any other flavor under the sun though.

Andrea

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5055
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/20/2003
  • Location: Tallahassee, FL
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 10/29/06 10:48 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by AndreaB

Echh Golden Flake, to me, always had a weird texture and was too greasy. I like flavored chips, but cheeseburger flavored sounds atrocious. Give me sweet potato chips or vinegar and salt chips or good BBQ chips or good green onion chips and I'll be happy.
I looked in my local Kroger's to see if they had the cheeseburger chips, and they did not. They probably had about any other flavor under the sun though.

Andrea


Goldern Flake products, et.al., are by far better than those nasty Frito-Lay products that are everywhere and as such I compare to the "McDonalds" of the potato chip world.

AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 12/6/2004
  • Location: Versailles, KY
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 10/29/06 11:07 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by Adjudicator

quote:
Originally posted by AndreaB

Echh Golden Flake, to me, always had a weird texture and was too greasy. I like flavored chips, but cheeseburger flavored sounds atrocious. Give me sweet potato chips or vinegar and salt chips or good BBQ chips or good green onion chips and I'll be happy.
I looked in my local Kroger's to see if they had the cheeseburger chips, and they did not. They probably had about any other flavor under the sun though.

Andrea


Goldern Flake products, et.al., are by far better than those nasty Frito-Lay products that are everywhere and as such I compare to the "McDonalds" of the potato chip world.


To me, Golden Flake is right down there with Tom's. I usually see them in vending machines. I don't like Fritos, but I used to like the BBQ Frito's.

Andrea

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5055
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/20/2003
  • Location: Tallahassee, FL
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 10/29/06 11:41 AM
0
I have never seen GF in a vending machine. GF in my area offers the freshest product available. Same outsells FL and any other potato chip manufacturer in all grocery stores in my area. FL made such a big stink about it that several grocery stores stopped selling GF. That led to a general uproar and now all is back to normal. It sounds to me that you have never really experienced GF. Too bad for you.

Jennifer_4
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 9/19/2000
  • Location: Fresno, CA
RE: Golden Flake Cheeseburger Flavored Potato Chips - Sun, 10/29/06 12:59 PM
0
Our county fair offered fresh potato chips this year... oh man were they good!