Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM

Sirloin
2006/03/04 17:13:43
I just saw one about BBQ. It was great! The one about hot dogs was also great! Taste of America is a fun show but when they do an hour about the same kind of food those are always great! I am posting this just in case someone might not know about these shows. All coments welcome.
Joe
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM 2006/03/04 17:25:21
I agree about the Travel Channel. They have some great food shows. In some ways they out do the Food Channel.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
NebGuy
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM 2006/03/04 17:38:51
I love Taste of America... Mark DiCarlo is a hoot. Plus I like 3 different topics in a half hour. I get 2 shows in a row here so I look forward to it.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM 2006/03/04 18:13:15

The BBQ Hour show has been aired several times. I enjoy it, but I wish they would have saved a few minutes of the hour to touch on some of the lesser known BBQ specialties...Like the Mutton in Kentucky and the Tri-Tip in California. But they did a good job on the four areas that they studied.

Sometimes I think the Travel Cafe with Chuck Henry is a bit much, but that's because I watched Henry as an NBC Reporter and Anchor on the L A station for years. He is a real "Fluff" type of Reporter and is always busy patting the help instead of reporting the food.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM 2006/03/04 18:15:48
I just saw 2 hours of Taste of America. I agree NebD. It's real funny. I lol.d!!! And, right again Paul! Hey thats my mid name, my folks call me Joe Paul. I always thought it sounded toooo country but now I wish i'da kept it!

Now its Danny "kid poker" at season 3 WPT battle of champs. He is great for the game!
Joe
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM 2006/03/04 18:24:12
Ah, the Tri-Tip. They need to do a whole show about that! The Mutton Al, I don't know about that, daaa.
Joe
kland01s
Filet Mignon
RE: Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM 2006/03/05 11:15:37
I enjoyed the Taste of America show on yesterday, it was all Alaska. I agree, travel channel has some great shows but way too much poker....what's that have to do with travel?
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM 2006/03/05 15:52:43
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Now its Danny "kid poker" at season 3 WPT battle of champs. He is great for the game!
Joe

Is that the guy that always wears his hoodie pulled over his head and shades on upside down?
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Travel channel food shows!!!!! MMMMM 2006/03/06 05:36:48

OK, OK, I confess! I am secretly in love with Anthony Bourdain! "No Resrvations" just made me want to do shots of absinthe in Paris with him and wander along the Seine hallucinating.

http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/bourdain/take/take.html