Your list of nasty snack food

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/04/26 17:21:49
quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaBill

Was told once that the sign of a true redneck is not someone who just eats the "Vy-enny" sausages, but one who drinks the juice out of the can afterwards.

You mean that congealed stuff???
m80
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/04/26 17:39:10
mustard sardines on saltines... haven't had those in a LONG time!!...
took at greyhound ride to tuscon to save gas $ and never saw so many
people eating vienna sausages in one place in my life...
but dad and i went to el charro while there... didn't have any idea
how good it was!... got the enchilada trio... a must have... ... m
Scarlett
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/04/26 17:49:10
Orange circus peanuts
Anything made with artificial banana flavoring
candy corn
Oreos
"flavored" chips
offlady
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/04/29 05:44:53
Canned oil sardine sandwich with mayonnaise and week old stale white bread. I was a poor college student once and joined some friends who were chowing this down. It looked good at the time.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/04/29 08:33:52
That's not snackin, that's dumpster divin......
mountain_charlie
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/05/01 09:21:41
Baked,salt free,potato chips...pointless.
Pigiron
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/05/01 10:36:53
quote:
Originally posted by mountain_charlie

Unless the point is that you like them...which I do.
mountain_charlie
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/05/01 13:36:46
quote:
Originally posted by Pigiron

quote:
Originally posted by mountain_charlie

Unless the point is that you like them...which I do.

Just curious, what is it you like about them,I find they have no flavor.
Big Ugly Mich
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/05 15:06:55
quote:
Originally posted by drsmoke02Keep collecting those aluminum cans,new teeth,less litter,$$$$

Only if they're Miller Light cans.
Big Ugly Mich
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/05 15:10:14
Three pages and no one mentioned the most obvious of all:

GRITS!
salsailsa
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/05 22:30:49
Ok here goes

licorice all-sorts
banana flavored anything
pizza pops
pop tarts
donuts
danishes
ANY hostess/little debbie snack cake
jalepino poppers
cheese sticks
chocolate orange or chocolate coconut anything
Red bull drinks
velveeta/cheesewhiz/spray cheese
Pat T Hat
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/06 00:29:12
I'm not sure if this is nasty I will eat or so nasty I'll take a beating before I will. I will go with eating (and slurping) pickeled pigs feet and saltines. I get it up to my elbows. I love 'em with beer cheese and hot mustard. I will NOT put in my mouth (or enter a room with) Blind Robin on a bet, dare or threat of pain. If your not familiar with this "treat" it's a small whole fish (herring or sardines, it's hard to tell, call your local CSI) that has been salted and sun (probably on a dashboard) dried. Yeah right! I take that to mean it was bait that went bad and even catfish won't bite. Then someone forgot to pack it up. On returning to the 'ol fishin' hole, someone thought hey, wonder what this tastes like. Mmmmmmm yum rotten salty chewy fish, my favorite. I know, I'll put this in a little plastic wrapper, staple it on a piece of cardboard, put it in cheap beer joints and make a fortune! This ain't the stuff that's considered a delicacy at Club Med. This had to be a bad joke that got out of hand. I know guy's that will put it their pockets like jerky(that's really what it is, really bad fish jerky). Oh yes it is a joy to sit in a hot truck on a long drive with a man with a pocket full of decayed fish. Usually the same guy who thinks eating a pigs foot with a cracker is gross. Though I totally understand complaints about the cheese!
roadrash
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/09 13:26:29
Cotton candy. A couple of bites - tastes great. Any more than a couple of bites? Instant bellyache.
shackburger
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/09 14:46:15
Headcheese
octopus
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/09 17:10:20
Anything Pickled
Peeps
Brownies with Nuts
Chocolate with fruits or nuts.
Strawberries
Anything Strawberry flavored
Spam
pretty much any tube steak
Yogurt
Sardines
Coconut in any form
dark Chocolate
and many others....
quazforb
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/09 18:38:55
Candy Corn, Funyuns, and Cadbury Creme Eggs (the original kind with the foamy white and yellow centers).

My mom owns stock in Cadbury, so please note this does not apply to the rest of their fine products.
caratzas
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/10 00:41:20
The Asians have the lock on this category. Sure, my local Asian supermarkets have plenty of good snacks to offer, but for every delicious Gentlemen's Pocky or Kasugai Peanut and You out there there's a Sakura Shrimp-Flavored Chip or Orchid Hot Prepared Cuttlefish to challenge this Westerner's taste buds.

And by "challenge" I mean totally gross out.
danimal15
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/22 15:00:05
They may not compare with pickled pigs feet and drinking Vienna sausage juice out of the can, but my kids both like a snack food called Gripz, which I had never heard of before. I haven't gotten up the courage to try them myself.
Rick F.
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/22 15:38:29
quote:
Originally posted by danimal15

. . . . my kids both like a snack food called Gripz, which I had never heard of before. I haven't gotten up the courage to try them myself.
Gripz: http://www.foodprocessing.com/industrynews/2005/448.html
tuke
Hamburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/22 16:32:02
I hate all forms of pasta, especially macaroni and cheese. I think I'm the only pasta hating Italian alive.
danimal15
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/22 17:35:53
quote:
Originally posted by Rick F.

quote:
Originally posted by danimal15

. . . . my kids both like a snack food called Gripz, which I had never heard of before. I haven't gotten up the courage to try them myself.
Gripz: http://www.foodprocessing.com/industrynews/2005/448.html

They're probably not all that bad, compared with some of the other junk my kids eat. Cheetos, for instance...
danimal15
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/22 17:36:53
quote:
Originally posted by tuke

I hate all forms of pasta, especially macaroni and cheese. I think I'm the only pasta hating Italian alive.

I've never even tried mac and cheese. The very concept is a turn-off, for some reason.

But I love most other forms of pasta.
Extreme Glow
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/22 17:51:04
quote:
Originally posted by caratzas

The Asians have the lock on this category. Sure, my local Asian supermarkets have plenty of good snacks to offer, but for every delicious Gentlemen's Pocky or Kasugai Peanut and You out there there's a Sakura Shrimp-Flavored Chip or Orchid Hot Prepared Cuttlefish to challenge this Westerner's taste buds.

I totally agree... both wonderful and dastardly concoctions available at the same place!

foodisgreat
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/22 19:03:59
I LOVE EATING THEM START OUT OF THE CAN.........
quote:
Originally posted by Wallyum

quote:
Originally posted by Vince Macek

Vienna sausages. Eating them straight out of the can is nasty enough, but the only way I've seen them used - can't imagine using them in a recipe or as party snacks.

The guy I work with eats a can of them a night. THEN he drinks the brine. First time I saw this I almost threw up.
TJsLove
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/28 16:59:58
pickled herring, pork rinds, bbq chips, brownies with nuts, fudge with nuts, anything Chef Boyardee, boston baked beans candy, gummy spearmint leaves, gum drops especially "spice drops," any red candy that turns out to be cinnamon when it should be cherry or fruity, kippered anything, rice krispies, chex, chex mix, taco hell, KFC mashed potatoes or instant mashed potaoes, stove top stuffing, anything with liquid smoke....barf!
TJsLove
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/06/28 17:02:21
How could I have forgotten CANDY CORN - that is at the top of my list.
Rick F.
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/07/04 01:09:54
quote:
Originally posted by unalaskawoman
Have you ever had a Peep duel? This is what I've been told: put two Peeps in the microwave, facing each other, each with a toothpick poked into his little Peep side and protruding toward his opponent. Then press reheat and may the best Peep win!

angielynnscott
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/07/17 17:23:35
quote:

joanie41 - I have a good friend that LOVES stale Peeps. I buy them for him and open the package, then let them sit. I don't get it, but I love him, so I accept it. I mean, I eat noodles in hot buttered milk for comfort food, so who am I to judge?

Have you ever had a Peep duel? This is what I've been told: put two Peeps in the microwave, facing each other, each with a toothpick poked into his little Peep side and protruding toward his opponent. Then press reheat and may the best Peep win!
angielynnscott
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/07/17 17:24:59
I find this the best! Take a peep and put it on a stick or something and roast it over your gas stove or camp fire.
quote:

joanie41 - I have a good friend that LOVES stale Peeps. I buy them for him and open the package, then let them sit. I don't get it, but I love him, so I accept it. I mean, I eat noodles in hot buttered milk for comfort food, so who am I to judge?

angielynnscott
Junior Burger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/07/17 17:30:33
Roasted peeps on a stick. The best
shortchef
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/07/17 20:51:54
Y'know, I still have a package of Peeps that we forgot to eat, from this past Easter. We will now have a Peeps microwave tournament as entertainment for our next barbecue. Since I have one of those new Advantium ovens I will need to find the proper setting so the Peeps don't get blown to h***. Thanks!
Cinnabonbon
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/08/02 19:48:48
I really like the shrimp flavored chips.

Some of my coworkers snack on that shing shang stuff through out the day. We politely decline their offers to share...
sinkiller
Hamburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2006/08/18 10:18:43
Gibbles Potato Chips
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2011/02/02 16:29:17
caratzas

I encountered these for the first time last weekend:

After listening to the comments of others I decided that they weren't for me, and on a weekend where snacks and junk food are consumed in large quantities they went mostly untouched.

Brad
boyardee65
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2011/02/02 18:00:06
  I tried bacon flavored peanuts the other day and they were the worst thing I ever put into my mouth. The flavor of bacon was ok but it didn't mix well with the peanut flavor. After a few minutes it tasted like chemicals and dried out my mouth. I couldn't drink enough beer to get the taste out of my mouth!!!

Just sayin'

David O.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2011/02/03 12:09:14
Boiled peanuts. I love peanuts, but boiled nuts are like tasteless mush. They are nasty and I don't understand how anyone can eat them.

Boiled eggs. They smell like farts and are not that much better. I do like eggs a lot, but like peanuts above, it's all about preperation.

Peppermint/chocolate candy (like Peppermint Patty's). Love peppermint candy. Love chocolate. Together it's not palatable to me.

Any candy with coconut in it. Coconut tastes like fruity wood shavings.
plb
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2011/02/03 12:46:07
senor boogie woogie

Boiled peanuts. I love peanuts, but boiled nuts are like tasteless mush. They are nasty and I don't understand how anyone can eat them.

Boiled eggs. They smell like farts and are not that much better. I do like eggs a lot, but like peanuts above, it's all about preperation.

Peppermint/chocolate candy (like Peppermint Patty's). Love peppermint candy. Love chocolate. Together it's not palatable to me.

Any candy with coconut in it. Coconut tastes like fruity wood shavings.

I thought you lived in China.  Chinese loved boiled peanuts.  My China born wife is always wanting to stop and buy boiled peanuts whenever we are in the south.  All egg dishes stink, hate them all.  Love peppermint, chocolate and them together.  Agree completely on coconut. 
brisketboy
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2011/02/03 14:39:15
San Migel beer and a balut
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2011/02/03 15:11:52
brisketboy

San Migel beer and a balut

I'll take the San Mig. Keep the balut.

bartl
RE: Your list of nasty snack food 2011/02/06 18:31:17
ScreamingChicken After listening to the comments of others I decided that they weren't for me, and on a weekend where snacks and junk food are consumed in large quantities they went mostly untouched. 

The brand you showed is pretty mediocre. Now, mind you, I was introduced to Kroepoek in the Netherlands, where it's very popular. The fresher they are, the better; they go stale within a couple of days (they sell "fresh" kroepoek in an Oriental supermarket near me, but it's usually made with bad oil. Other than going to Indonesia or the Netherlands, the only way to see how good they really are is to buy them uncooked, and deep fat fry them yourself.

Bart

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2