Just in case you know

nvb
  • Total Posts : 468
  • Reward points : 0
Just in case you know - Sun, 03/19/06 1:14 AM
I'm looking for a hand held gizmo that will figure payroll. I don't have an office to put a PC in so software for that is out.

Any ideas?

sizz
  • Total Posts : 1682
RE: Just in case you know - Sun, 03/19/06 1:46 AM

nvb
RE: Just in case you know - Sun, 03/19/06 2:14 AM
How do you hook that up to the printer?

Jimeats
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: Just in case you know - Sun, 03/19/06 7:08 AM
Good one Frank! I was going to suggest a phone, call a service. Chow Jim

nvb
RE: Just in case you know - Sun, 03/19/06 9:54 PM
I think I have it figured out. A PDA with Windows will get me to the gross for the employee, and then I have to write my own Excel program to do the math as for as taxes and such. And I'll be able to print, fpczyz

drsmoke02
  • Total Posts : 250
RE: Just in case you know - Sun, 03/19/06 10:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Slick

I think I have it figured out. A PDA with Windows will get me to the gross for the employee, and then I have to write my own Excel program to do the math as for as taxes and such. And I'll be able to print, fpczyz

How about figureing out that "Paychex"is all you need!

bassrocker4u2
  • Total Posts : 534
RE: Just in case you know - Mon, 03/20/06 8:02 AM
slick, the absolute best way to do payroll, is to call 'staff leasing', or another similar company. the charge is minimal, and you can even put yourself on it. you write one check each pay period, and they do the rest. plus, you have medical benefits available to you and your crew!
if i had even one employee, i would do it!

nvb
RE: Just in case you know - Mon, 03/20/06 9:01 AM
Problem with those is how I pay.

I pay on the last day of an employees work week, so they are current almost up to the minute. I write them a check before they leave and when we have both agreed that it is the correct amount they sign the back and I cash it, keeping the check.

This saves me a few cents on bank charges each week because the checks never hit the bank. Maybe a funny way to do it, but some employees would have to wait until Monday to cash their checks without an extra fee.

Been doing this for over two years now and it's not failed me yet. But now I think my calculator has.

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Just in case you know - Mon, 03/20/06 11:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Slick

Problem with those is how I pay.

I pay on the last day of an employees work week, so they are current almost up to the minute. I write them a check before they leave and when we have both agreed that it is the correct amount they sign the back and I cash it, keeping the check.

This saves me a few cents on bank charges each week because the checks never hit the bank. Maybe a funny way to do it, but some employees would have to wait until Monday to cash their checks without an extra fee.

Been doing this for over two years now and it's not failed me yet. But now I think my calculator has.

Hire a part time payroll clerk..