I-90, Seattle to Milwaukee

yumbo
  • Total Posts : 330
  • Reward points : 0
I-90, Seattle to Milwaukee - Tue, 06/17/03 4:57 PM
Hi All -

We're moving from Seattle to Milwaukee in July, taking I-90 through Idaho (Coeur d'Alene), Montana (Bozeman, Butte), Wyoming (Buffalo), South Dakota (Rapid City, Sioux Falls), southern Minnesota, Wisconsin (Lacrosse, Madison).

Any suggestions for good eats? We have a 4 year old daughter, so child-friendly establishments will be appreciated.

-Yumbo

jpatweb
  • Total Posts : 232
RE: I-90, Seattle to Milwaukee - Tue, 06/17/03 5:30 PM
I left a list of recommendations for eating in and around Rapid City in a recent thread on the Mount Rushmore area. It's somewhere within the "Where Should I Eat" forum. Enjoy your trip.

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7384
RE: I-90, Seattle to Milwaukee - Wed, 06/18/03 8:37 AM
Hi Yumbo,

I've taken this route before when I moved from NY to Seattle back in 92. When I moved back east I took it again on my many road trips. In Butte, I would recommend Pork Chop Johns which has been reviewed on this forum. In Sioux Falls, the Tea Steak House is a MUST. I recommend the 32 oz t-bone with hash browns. The Steak house is actually located in Tea SD about a 10 minute drive from Sioux Falls and is also reviewed on this forum. In Madison I recommend the Brat und Brau for Brats and Cheese curds. They are actually a concession at one of the local malls.

By the way if you decide to stop in Billings MT I would recommend the Northern Belle Restaurant in the Radisson Downtown. Their trout was really good and the Rocky Mountain Oysters a killer!

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
RE: I-90, Seattle to Milwaukee - Wed, 06/18/03 9:44 AM
I'm a fan of the Freight House in LaCrosse Wis. but there is a small mom and pop about 4 miles north of the interstate on Wisc.35, don't know the name, its on the west side of the road. Great breakfasts, good prices and has buffalo on the menu.