Juke boxes

Cheeseburger
2006/03/23 08:17:30
Seems alot of folks don't like TV's in bars,restautants,what about Juke Boxes,I have one that has 50's-60's oldies a mixture of do wop,country.It's free!
What say you to music and bbq?
Theedge
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Juke boxes 2006/03/23 09:16:13
I hear tell you caught a non customer listening to your free music and wooped him with a ball bat.

I like music as long as it’s not overly loud.

Also I assume your paying ascap and not stealing the music.
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Juke boxes 2006/03/23 11:01:40
I love Juke boxes in bars and lounges as much as I dislike TVs in same.

I spend way too much in "unarmed bandits".

The thing though is to have decent music in them. You don't wan't a vast selection of "White Stripes" etc in a classy deco restaurant lounge.

Though I like a really broad range of music, I'm a big jazz fan. That's usually what I'm after.
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Juke boxes 2006/03/23 21:59:14
I blast the jukebox.. But NOT in restaurants...
Catch me playing pool, and 9 times out of 10, I have pumped at least 10 bucks into the juke.
I love the new Touch Tunes "Jukeboxes".
Fieldthistle
RE: Juke boxes 2006/03/24 10:52:38
Hello All,
Drsmoke, I love juke boxes. Music is heavenly as is food, and the two together is pure joy.
I admire you that it is free. When I was recently in Va. Beach at the Purple Cow, they had
a free juke box and it was a delight for the children that were there. They kept playing
Christmas songs and it was in February. The only problem I had was that it wasn't loud enough.
It was really too low to hear the songs clearly. I wouldn't want it blasting, but there must be a
medium between hearing the songs and being able to talk to your table-mates.
I find T.V. distracting, but music can blend or create a good mood.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
signman
RE: Juke boxes 2006/03/24 11:03:49
Good tunes on the Dr's jukebox.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: Juke boxes 2006/03/24 23:24:57
I love jukeboxes. The more eclectic, the better.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Juke boxes 2006/03/25 11:56:03
Geting to hear the tunes my fellow diners picked out would be great fun. And they get to hear the ones I pick. I bet more than one new friend has been made at Chubby's from that subject. Good idea dr!!
Joe
drsmoke02
Cheeseburger
RE: Juke boxes 2006/03/25 13:57:51
PapaJoe,i've had more than a few couoles slow dance to"In the still of the night","Lavender Blue",Various Roy Orbison tunes,Patsy Cline,Elvis,Gene Pitney,The Ink Spots,and about 100 other artists,I even have 1 Devo[Whippit]tune.
This brings up a whole new topic.