Hamburger Steak

Post
Oneiron339
Double Chili Cheeseburger
2003/06/18 16:26:18
Where does one find a good hamburger steak anymore? One like Pilgreen's in Atlanta. 12 oz. of good beef, even shaped like a T-Bone w/ juices running all over the plate, sopped up by the fries.
lvw
Hamburger
RE: Hamburger Steak 2003/06/18 16:33:20
Wow. Never even heard of it. Sounds good, though!

Is it like a Salisbury Steak?

Lisa
Lone Star
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Hamburger Steak 2003/06/18 16:50:49
Luby's cafeterias in Texas makes a good one. The serving lady will ask if you want "Au jus" to get all of the sauce.
Bushie
Filet Mignon
RE: Hamburger Steak 2003/06/18 18:13:53
I had a great one for lunch at the Texan Cafe outside of Hutto, TX, just last week. Probably too far for you to drive for lunch, though, oneiron...
Oneiron339
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Hamburger Steak 2003/06/19 10:01:59
quote:
Originally posted by Bushie

I had a great one for lunch at the Texan Cafe outside of Hutto, TX, just last week. Probably too far for you to drive for lunch, though, oneiron...
Where's Hutto? I'll be in DFW for a few days soon and my card is getting filled up w/ Angelos, Sonny Bryants, etc. Help me out.
Oneiron339
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Hamburger Steak 2003/06/19 10:05:09
quote:
Originally posted by lvw

Wow. Never even heard of it. Sounds good, though!

Is it like a Salisbury Steak?

Lisa
L - much better, has more of a hamburger taste than salisbury steak. Pilgreen's is on Lee St. just west of the RR tracks south of downtown.
Bushie
Filet Mignon
RE: Hamburger Steak 2003/06/19 13:20:38
quote:
Originally posted by oneiron339

Where's Hutto? I'll be in DFW for a few days soon and my card is getting filled up w/ Angelos, Sonny Bryants, etc. Help me out.


oneiron, Hutto is down close to Austin, almost a 3 hour drive (one-way) from DFW. Sorry.

Angelos and Sonny Bryants are great picks for BBQ.

Do any of you Dallasites know where our friend oneiron can get a good hamburger steak up there?
Lone Star
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Hamburger Steak 2003/06/19 13:57:33
I just had an excellent one for lunch with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes at the Jax grill on Durham in the Heights here in Houston.

If you are ever in Houston, it is a great place to eat and not far from downtown.

Can't help you with Dallas though.