Replacement burners

myway
  • Total Posts : 308
  • Reward points : 0
Replacement burners - Tue, 03/28/06 4:50 PM
Hi there,
I ran into a problem this past year. I have a hot dog cart that has just one steam table in it. It runs off of 1 burner. It's a cheap little burner and is not putting out enough BTU's to get my water boiling in an expedient manner. Sometimes it takes upwards of 45 minutes to get it boiling pending wind and temperature. I was thinking about getting a replacement burner, or burners. I contacted A well known hot dog cart manufacturer to find out that a two burner system along with the hose and regulators would be $250.00. ....my wife will shoot me with my own gun for spending that kind of money on it. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on this. I thought about going to Lowes and look at some barbeque grill burners and just mount those on the cart. But I was advised that a grill burner may suck my tank dry in as little as a half hour. Any advice would be appreciated as always. I have emailed a couple of different companies. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks

ohman
  • Total Posts : 262
RE: Replacement burners - Tue, 03/28/06 7:53 PM
A grill burner will work fine. I have seen them on several carts. Who ever told you it will drain the tank has never used a gas grill. That kind of burner would not be my first choice but it will work.

myway
  • Total Posts : 308
RE: Replacement burners - Tue, 03/28/06 8:04 PM
Hi,

Well from what I have been told , most dog carts use what is termed as a "mushroom" style burner. I might just go into Lowes and check it out. I really did not want to dump a lot of money into the cart this year. I am hoping to get a new one next year, so I am trying to make this one last the season with minimal input.
Thanks alot

ohman
  • Total Posts : 262
RE: Replacement burners - Tue, 03/28/06 8:07 PM
Well I was just at Academy sporting goods last week and found out they sell the round burners like on a turkey fryer for about 11 bucks..