Please help me find a place that ships

Double Cheeseburger
2006/04/26 13:38:01
Need a place that sends nation wide.

Yeah I know it's not gonna be the same as fresh off the pit but I have a special request.

I'm in Alabama, the person getting this is in California. I had called a place out there but they were rude and ugly and lost out on my money.

I am looking for a place that would also send sides as well if at all possible. Esp turnip greens!

Looking to send this out by Monday morning so if y'all know of anyplace that would like to help a poor displaced southern boy enjoy some que please let me know.

The person in question is on a national tv show so there might, just might, be some advertising involved in this if he can manage it. I can't promise but I can bet he'll mention it to at least our local newspaper. I'll make sure he knows to try.

I'm getting desperate lol
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 13:44:07
Porkys in Memphis ships nationwidwe. But I wasn't sure from your post if you wanted BBQ from just anywhere or from Al.

MikeS.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 13:47:11
quote:
Originally posted by BhamBabe

Need a place that sends nation wide.

Yeah I know it's not gonna be the same as fresh off the pit but I have a special request.

I'm in Alabama, the person getting this is in California. I had called a place out there but they were rude and ugly and lost out on my money.

I am looking for a place that would also send sides as well if at all possible. Esp turnip greens!

Looking to send this out by Monday morning so if y'all know of anyplace that would like to help a poor displaced southern boy enjoy some que please let me know.

The person in question is on a national tv show so there might, just might, be some advertising involved in this if he can manage it. I can't promise but I can bet he'll mention it to at least our local newspaper. I'll make sure he knows to try.

I'm getting desperate lol

What area are you looking in? We do have some decent BBQ places....
You might try Lucille's or Johnny Reb's----both are decent and might even deliver. both have good fried green tomatoes and greens too.

www.johnnyrebs.com

www.lucillesbbq.com
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 13:51:05
Anywhere that will ship and you can recommend is good. I trust y'all not to send me someplace you wouldn't eat at.

Thanks! Gonna go have a look see.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 14:21:25
quote:

Anywhere that will ship and you can recommend is good. I trust y'all not to send me someplace you wouldn't eat at.

I've found these places to be on a par with Woody's Barbecue in Daphne, AL----hope that helps!
mountain_charlie
Junior Burger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 16:50:08
quote:
Originally posted by EdSails

quote:

I've found these places to be on a par with Woody's Barbecue in Daphne, AL----hope that helps!

Mickelbobs,I might be spelling it wrong, in Naples Fla.does a huge shipping bbq ribs biz.

I've had them they're really good I thought.
mbrookes
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 17:04:17
Dreamland in Tuscalusa (the gold standard for me) ships. Go to dreamlandbbq.com
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 17:09:55
Thanks guys! I knew y'all would help! Lucille's, Johnny Reb's do not deliver or ship. Porky's lowest amount of food for delivery was way more than I needed. Though I have to say, the nicest folks ever! Great customer service, even with a strange request :-) The young man at Johnny Reb's in Orange, CA does his boss proud! I'd give em a go just for that!

I found my place here in my neck of the woods. Green Top Cafe BBQ in Dora, Alabama is going to help me. He's not only going to donate the food, he's getting his grandmother to cook some turnip greens! What a guy! And to think, I only called to see if they could do an order for a family function lol

Thank all of y'all for the help! This is why I've always enjoyed lurking, and now posting, here, everyone is so willing to share and help.
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 17:11:26
quote:
Originally posted by mbrookes

Dreamland in Tuscalusa (the gold standard for me) ships. Go to dreamlandbbq.com

I did call them but was put on hold then hung up on. It's usually not like that and I was surprised. I was pressed for time or I'd have called back. My problem was solved while handling personal business though so it's all good :-)
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/26 19:11:36
This is who you want. I have used their services. They won't dissapoint. Professionally packed and delicious.

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/default.asp?sid=GOOGLE&EID=GL3000062
Oneiron339
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/27 07:19:13
Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro, KY (where we had the meet and eat earlier this year) will also ship. Check their website.
Milt
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/29 21:56:51
quote:
Originally posted by bill voss

This is who you want. I have used their services. They won't dissapoint. Professionally packed and delicious.

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/default.asp?sid=GOOGLE&EID=GL3000062

I, too, was going to suggest Fiorella's Jack Stack. Glad you found what you need, but here is a great backup source for bbq.
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/04/30 22:35:54
I have all of these saved! Thanks y'all!
V960
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/05/02 16:38:36
Corky's and Maurice's both ship...go w/ Corky's unless your buddy knows mustard based Q.

http://www.corkysbbq.com/

http://www.mauricesbbq.com/

Unfortunately Stamey's, BBQ Center and Lexington #1 don't ship.

Kiowa1
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2006/05/02 17:52:05
Baker's Ribs in Dallas, Texas... simply the best ribs, brisket, hot links, etc... and they deliver nationwide...
ai4gf
Junior Burger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2009/12/30 09:23:57
I've ordered from Black's BBQ in Lockhart, TX.  Good brisket, but the sausages were the best!

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2010/01/02 17:37:21
V960

Corky's and Maurice's both ship...go w/ Corky's unless your buddy knows mustard based Q.

http://www.corkysbbq.com/

http://www.mauricesbbq.com/

Unfortunately Stamey's, BBQ Center and Lexington #1 don't ship.

I'm going to second the Corky's idea.  Their sides are as good as their 'Q and the Memphis style has all the meats and probably appeals to the widest range of taste of all styles.  The chain Red, Hot, & Blue credits Corky's as having designed their menu and I've enjoyed their locations in Virginia and Texas. 

In my ideal world I wish Wilber would ship.  His sauce-maker does:  www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com .
Barbarainnc
Hamburger
RE: Please help me find a place that ships 2010/01/17 17:07:45
Old post from 4/ 2006   but Google Smithfield  BBQ, they have an online service!!!
schevel
Junior Burger
Re:Please help me find a place that ships 2010/01/17 17:28:16
try q2u .com out of lake wylie s.c. I know they have shipped to cal. before, but they won't be open till wednesday this week.