SE Maryland Trip

RubyRose
  • Total Posts : 2187
  • Reward points : 0
SE Maryland Trip - Wed, 06/25/03 9:09 AM
We will be going fishing from Deal Island, on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Any good roadfood stops in that area? I usually don't go that far south in MD.

jpatweb
  • Total Posts : 232
RE: SE Maryland Trip - Wed, 06/25/03 10:04 AM
You'll be very close to Crisfield, so Captain's Galley for crabcakes and other Ches. Bay specialties is an obvious choice. If you have time, you can also take a ferry from Crisfield to Tilghman Island, sort of a "land that time forgot" type of place with a dwindling population of crabbers and other fisherfolk. Follow the procession of people from the ferry dock to Hilda Crockets for a multi-course seafood pigout.

Where are you driving from to get to Deal?
quote:
Originally posted by RubyRose

We will be going fishing from Deal Island, on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Any good roadfood stops in that area? I usually don't go that far south in MD.

BBQ Barney
  • Total Posts : 161
RE: SE Maryland Trip - Wed, 06/25/03 7:38 PM
jpatweb-- I assume you mean Tangier Island--Tilghman is at the end of the road from Easton to St. Michael's and around the bend. If in St, Michael's The Crab Claw is still a good blue crab choice. Better, less expensive, and a locals hangout is Chesapeake Landing 2-3 miles west of St. Michael's but before Wade's Point.

jpatweb
  • Total Posts : 232
RE: SE Maryland Trip - Wed, 06/25/03 10:33 PM
You're absolutely right BBQ, Tangier it is. Not quite sure why I said Tilghman, I've never been there.

quote:
Originally posted by BBQ Barney

jpatweb-- I assume you mean Tangier Island--Tilghman is at the end of the road from Easton to St. Michael's and around the bend. If in St, Michael's The Crab Claw is still a good blue crab choice. Better, less expensive, and a locals hangout is Chesapeake Landing 2-3 miles west of St. Michael's but before Wade's Point.