SE Maryland Trip

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2003/06/25 09:09:15
We will be going fishing from Deal Island, on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Any good roadfood stops in that area? I usually don't go that far south in MD.
jpatweb
Cheeseburger
RE: SE Maryland Trip 2003/06/25 10:04:38
You'll be very close to Crisfield, so Captain's Galley for crabcakes and other Ches. Bay specialties is an obvious choice. If you have time, you can also take a ferry from Crisfield to Tilghman Island, sort of a "land that time forgot" type of place with a dwindling population of crabbers and other fisherfolk. Follow the procession of people from the ferry dock to Hilda Crockets for a multi-course seafood pigout.

Where are you driving from to get to Deal?
quote:
Originally posted by RubyRose

We will be going fishing from Deal Island, on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Any good roadfood stops in that area? I usually don't go that far south in MD.
BBQ Barney
Cheeseburger
RE: SE Maryland Trip 2003/06/25 19:38:15
jpatweb-- I assume you mean Tangier Island--Tilghman is at the end of the road from Easton to St. Michael's and around the bend. If in St, Michael's The Crab Claw is still a good blue crab choice. Better, less expensive, and a locals hangout is Chesapeake Landing 2-3 miles west of St. Michael's but before Wade's Point.
jpatweb
Cheeseburger
RE: SE Maryland Trip 2003/06/25 22:33:16
You're absolutely right BBQ, Tangier it is. Not quite sure why I said Tilghman, I've never been there.

quote:
Originally posted by BBQ Barney

jpatweb-- I assume you mean Tangier Island--Tilghman is at the end of the road from Easton to St. Michael's and around the bend. If in St, Michael's The Crab Claw is still a good blue crab choice. Better, less expensive, and a locals hangout is Chesapeake Landing 2-3 miles west of St. Michael's but before Wade's Point.