Best Buffalo Wings

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 6
Double Cheeseburger
2003/06/26 10:50:09
This is a cuisine I am passionate about, as much as cheesesteaks, or pizza. I have tried various venues around the northeast, where I live, and compiled a list of my favorite wings.

1. Anchor Bar, Buffalo NY.
2. Windsor Inn, Jermyn PA.
3. Brother Jimmy's Bait Shack 92nd & 3rd, Manhattan NY
4. Continental Tavern, Yardley PA
5. Robert's Place, Ventnor NJ
6. Golden Nugget Tavern, Berlin NJ
7. Murphy's, Hanover NH
8. Pub 199, Mt Arlington NJ
9. Vermont Pub & Brewery, Burlington VT
10. Mountain Valley Brew Pub, Suffern NY
Spudnut
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/07/01 22:06:36
I'm curious about when you last tried the Brother Jimmy's wings, tamandmik. They used to be Atomic Wings, which I think are among the only decent wings in NYC (I grew up near Buffalo, so tend to be picky about this kind of thing.) Last I heard, they had lost or ceased their licensing arrangement with Atomic, and had slipped into mediocrity.
FlattedFifth
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/07/02 02:00:09
I am very familiar with Brother Jimmy's and their food. I can not speak for the past, but the wings today are not great. Not bad, just not great. Recently they hired I a new executive chef and the quality of all their food has gone up (the northern ribs are the best in the city) but the wings are still lacking. My favorite wings in Manhattan are at Blondies on 79th(?) and Amsterdam.

My favorite wings anywhere are at the Candlelight Inn, 519 Central Ave, Scarsdale NY.

Also, I was not a big fan of the wings at the anchor bar. Blasphamy perhaps, but the truth nonetheless.

quote:
Originally posted by Phil J.

I'm curious about when you last tried the Brother Jimmy's wings, tamandmik. They used to be Atomic Wings, which I think are among the only decent wings in NYC (I'm grew up near Buffalo, so tend to be picky about this kind of thing.) Last I heard, they had lost or ceased their licensing arrangement with Atomic, and had slipped into mediocrity.
Craig328
Hamburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/07/04 00:47:18
Can't mess with the original; best ever. Anchor Bar, 1047 Main St, Buffalo, NY .. Birthplace of Buffalo Wings. Visited there in 1990. Mouth still waters.
flattop5
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/07/04 10:40:14
While in Buffalo recently, tried Duff's @ 3651 Sheridan Drive -- excellent! Family actually preferred it to Anchor.
dmz
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/07/04 14:16:11
There are three places I would like to comment on, All in the Buffalo area. The first one is one of my favorites; Rooties, huge wings , great sauce, the establishment is sort of a dive but those are always the best places. On the flip side, Jacks Place near the Marriot on Millersport Hwy, is a great upscale joint frequented by the Buffalo Sabers, and they surprisingly have great wings, price is not to bad either. Finally in the Lockport area on Transit Road, is Sunnys. Smaller wings crispy on the outside, perfect on the inside.
ootmar
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/09/04 22:28:31

Best wings in NYC:

Aiello's Pizza Emporium
383 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10016 9065
Phone: 212 683 7746
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/10/10 16:52:23
Alright all,
I'm in charge of chicken wings to munch on tomorrow while myself and guests watch the Gators get mauled by the Tigers. What's your favorite homemade recipe?
BarbaraCt
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/10/10 17:14:11
Go to Costco, where the cost $1.19 a lb. (Tyson's). Cut off wing tips, rinse, and put in a bowl of salted water (brine). Let sit for a couple of hours or a day or two. Spray Pam on your grill, and grill without any sauce or anything for about an hour, turning, and looking at so they don't get too crispy. Melt butter and Frank's Hot Sauce, about 50/50. Throw wings in a bowl with sauce, and serve. Blue cheese salad dressing and celery on the side. (May omit the celery).
redtressed
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/10/10 18:29:19
1 5 lb bag frozen chicken wings , separated
peanut oil to fill a deep dutch oven

Fry these babies until nice and crispy then arrange on a large baking pan.

Pour this mixture over the wings:

1 stick butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
4 tablespoons worcestershire
1 Tblsp Garlic powcer
1 package Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Salad Dressing

Stir these ingredients together well and pour over wings. Bake in 350 oven for about 25 mins....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

metsfan6986
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/10/11 09:30:26
The best wings in NYC are at Pluck U which has 3 or 4 locations in Manhattan.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/10/11 16:02:07
I have never been able to figure out why anyone would want to eat a chicken wing. I tried a chicken wing once at Buffalo's Anchor Bar. I liked the spiciness, but that was it.
Spudnut
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/10/11 18:37:52
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I have never been able to figure out why anyone would want to eat a chicken wing. I tried a chicken wing once at Buffalo's Anchor Bar. I liked the spiciness, but that was it.

One of the cool things for me about this list is that you'll find people who like and dislike everything. I won't eat seafood on a bet, for example. By the same token, I believe that the Buffalo chicken wing -- prepared correctly (i.e., the way they are made in Buffalo, and not the imposter ways featuring BBQ sauce or honey sauce) -- is one of the ingenious snack-food creations ever. Done properly, I find them as tasty as they are spicy.

I'm not knocking BBQ chicken, by the way. I love it. But too many places make BBQ chicken wings and call them Buffalo wings.
Billfish
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/10/12 02:14:38
I like the "Wings To Go" chain,which is all over Maryland,Delaware,South Jersey and I think they have some stores in Pennsylvania too.When i first ate there,wings were always ready in 8 minutes but now it seems to take twice that long.They used to only have mild,hot,x-hot,and suicide sauces,now they have added garlic,honey,bbq,"homicide",and I think teriyaki sauces.They have also added fried shrimp and breast filet sandwiches,to me I think it was better in the original days.But the wings are still nicely fried in clean oil and of decent size,and the extra-hot sauce is my favorite as it is a combination of heat and flavor.The "suicide" or "homicide" sauces lean too much on the heat without caring about flavor.There are times when I just want something really hot,thats when I add 1 or 2 drops of Daves Insanity Sauce,but for most purposes the Extra-Hot is right on the money.
We have had a few parties when we have bought multiples of 100 wings from these folks.Always unanimous good reviews from the guests.
2005Equinox
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/06 01:53:36
Anyone ever try Buffalo Wild Wings?
glennpan
Hamburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/06 08:58:06
I have gone to Buffalo Wild Wings and was completely underwhelmed. The wings are very small. While they have the choice of many different style wings, and I tried about 6 kinds, they don't do any of those styles particularly well.
booboobirdie
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/06 09:06:09
My best friend and I are HUGE fans of Buffalo wings. We live in Connecticut, and often go to a place in Shelton (in the valley) called Porky's. Wings are always nice and crisp (my top requirement for a good wing) with the perfect combination of heat and vinegar. There's also a little dive right on downtown West Haven called Zee's...if ordered well-done and hot, they are some of the best I've had.
And occasionally we get the time and the inspiration to drive to Albany, NY to a place called Sutter's Mill. Worth the 5 hour round-trip drive.
I think I just drooled on my keyboard
Billfish
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/07 01:29:04
Yes I will agree on the crispness factor.Underdone wings are slimy and unappetizing.A particularly tasty sauce can partially make up for this,on the wings at the top of the plate,but the wings at the bottom will just taste like hot goo.
Frying,no matter what the food subject matter is,would seem to be the most difficult food technique to master.Anybody can do it,some can do it well,and only a small percentage totally master it.McDonalds mechanized it with their "French Fry computer" but its hard to imagine that working with something like wings or oysters.
marberthenad
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/08 17:41:05
I too am a big fan of the traditional buffalo chicken wing, but i am always disappointed that the hottest flavors are never really that hot. I saw the list for the "best" chicken wings. Would the list be different if people listed the "hottest" chicken wings they tried?
Cosmos
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/22 11:45:12
While not a big chicken wing eater, I do occaisionaly partake. We ordered from our local joint last night and the wings arrived looking darker than usual, the outside was cooked a little better (less slimey), the inside was still juicy and they were INCREDIBLY SALTY, with unusual seasoning flavors.

I suspect some national chicken purveyor has created a pre-(KFC style)marinated-pre-cooked-frozen wings that the locals dip in the fryer and douse with sauce.

Anyone else run into this?
garykg6
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/22 12:16:51
well, here goes.......easily one of the most over-rated snack foods,if not done right,as most simply do not know how to sauce them or even purchase the basic wings themselves
1. sauce should have some FLAVOR,not merely fire
2. wings should be large(big chickens)
3. do not overcook
if you can find me a place that meets these requirements, I'll apologize.....you see, I live in Tampa,where every 'sports bar'(of which there must be a thousand) serves these things and folks love em', but i have yet to find something decent....help me out here
Texicana
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/22 22:06:44
Okay, to the Roadfooders who don't understand the charm of a wing, it has to do with the meat being scant, yeah, but what's there is very tasty. Plus you have some crispy skin if it's done right. I find if you brine the wings (fresh, the frozen ones don't work for me) it helps crisp the skin up and also draws some of the blood out.
Texicana
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2003/11/22 23:00:00
Hooter's are ok if you like a battered wing, and they sell that mix and the sauce in a lot of grocery chains. I don't think anyone goes to Hooter's for the food
buffalowingman
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/01/30 12:04:57
quote:
Originally posted by marberthenad

I too am a big fan of the traditional buffalo chicken wing, but i am always disappointed that the hottest flavors are never really that hot. I saw the list for the "best" chicken wings. Would the list be different if people listed the "hottest" chicken wings they tried?
buffalowingman
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/01/30 12:06:54
quote:
Originally posted by marberthenad

Try out Duffs already mentioned above and tell the waitress (usually cute ones) to hurt you...you'll be on the next ambulance to sisters hospital. good luck and dont inhale too deeply when she puts them in front of you or you wont even get a chance to eat them.
efuery
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/01/30 13:24:15
I used to not "get" the whole buffalo wing thing UNTIL I had them done right. Now I am hooked!

The best I ever had were at Duff's in Buffalo.

Here in Danbury CT there are a couple of decent places . First is Pippa's, a sports bar, their wings are consistantly good. Large, crispy pieces with a not too vinegary sauce.

Second is TK's (also a sports bar) - 23 flavors but sometimes the wings are small and on big game nights the place gets packed and the quality suffers - rubbery, yuck. BUT they give free wings on your birthday. How every many years old you are is how many free wings you get. Can't beat that.

As for hooters- been there once- they serve fried chicken - if you want hot wings the sauce is in a bottle on the table. I did like the sauce but not the breading on the wings.
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/01/30 13:29:37
Uggghhh....Hooters wings may be the worst wing I have ever eaten. They are deep-fried in a pretty thick batter, and their "hot" sauce wouldn't pass for mild at most places. This is clearly a case of when needing to decide if you want to look at, ahem, hooters, or eat good food.

Locally (central Florida area), the best wings around these parts are Frankie's Wings and Things. They have two locations -- one at Port Canaveral and one here in Melbourne. They number their sauces from 1 (mild) to 9 ("Dial 911"), and when you order, it is simply "I'd like a dozen threes." I am not too big a fan of too hot -- especially if you sacrifice flavor for heat -- but, I can put away fours without a big problem. They warn on the menu that anything higher than a three is hotter than what you would find at most wing places, but it is still funny to see some newbie walk in and think a "five" is middle of the road. I do have one buddy that orders "eights" on a regular basis, and he usually manages to get a nice sweat glow going by about the fifth or sixth wing!

Steve
Gumbo191
Hamburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/01/30 13:57:45
I am a huge fan of wings but please dont mention the "H" word when talking about wings. The place is ok if you need a wall calendar but not wings. A true wing should not be battered and the sauce should not be pink. The sauce should not be to hot either the goal is to enjoy the experience. I keep it simple and have just started grilling instead of frying.

Soak wings in salt water brine overnight or for several hours (extracts most of the blood from the bones)
-Toss drained wings in large bowl with 1/4 cup of oil and you favorite cajun seasonings.
-Grill till crisp.
-In a suacepan melt 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 cup of Franks or Texas Pete hot sauce (stay away from Tabasco). Add tablespoon of white vinegar, shake of course grind black pepper and simmer.
-If you want milder wings try mixing in some water and honey to the mix and if needed thicken with cornstarch.
-Toss grilled wings in and enjoy!!!
efuery
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/01/30 14:07:42
WINGS IN TODAY's NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo restaurants send chicken wings to troops in Iraq
Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

Buffalo, New York-AP -- A Super Bowl treat for some troops in Iraq.

Three restaurants in Buffalo, New York, are sending about 125 dozen chicken wings to Baghdad in time for Sunday's game between the Carolina Panthers and the New England Patriots.

The Anchor Bar and two pizza restaurants are sending the wings to Baltimore, where military officials are promising to deliver them safely to 150 members of three Buffalo-area military units.

Buffalo's mayor says the special delivery is "a small token of our sincere appreciation for the liberty we enjoy."

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
tonemonster2
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/01/30 14:34:16
thanks for the recipe, gumbo, i'm gonna try them sunday for Super Bowl. Ever try doing them in a turkey fryer ?
anselmo1
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/01 22:58:32
I have lived in the WNY area all my life and I will rate the top wing places to go in WNY:

1. Brennan's Bowery Bar-----Clarence, NY---Huge wings and excellent
2. Duff's-------------------Amherst, NY
3. Elmo's-------------------Getzville, NY--excellent cajun wings
4. Anchor Bar---------------Buffalo, NY

I went to the Anchor Bar back in 1967 when they use to serve up big bowl's of them on the bar for free. The free wings would entice the bar crowd to drink more. Back then, chicken wings were often thrown away as scrap meat. Eventually, they started selling them at the Anchor Bar 10 wings for $1.00 or 20 wings for $1.75. Boy, how times have changed.
TheBone26
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/04 02:14:30
I'm not gonna let this wing discussion continue without mentioning the greatest WINGER joint to ever hit the scene. One word, two syllables...Cluck-U. Enough said. Their signature wingers at the "Thermo" level (12 large or 18 huge, both are respectable) along with their spuds are a better than perfect combination. THERE AINT NOTHING LIKE THEM- IT'S AN ADDICTION.
Pitts
Hamburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/04 03:36:56
To me Buffalo Wings are inedible. I'll stick with barbque or teiaki
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/04 09:06:31
quote:
Originally posted by Pitts

To me Buffalo Wings are inedible. I'll stick with barbque or teiaki

I wouldn't consider eating a chicken wing any more than I'd consider eating the part of the bird that goes over the fence last.
Paulie
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/04 09:12:50
Does anyone in the CT crowd know if Archie Moore's in New Haven is still open? I remember their wing sauce, which used to be sold in the grocery stores, was a strange, neon orange color, but it sure was good.
Lone Star
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/04 10:07:55
For the superbowl, I made wings using a Tandoori spice mix I bought at an area Indian food market. They turned out really well, not too spicy but with wonderful flavor. The spice mix was combined with yogurt and vinegar for a marinade and then the wings baked.

My kids liked them, but said they missed the "sauciness" so we tossed some with a little barbeque sauce.
efuery
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/04 10:57:22
As far as I know Archie moore's is still in business at
188 1/2 Willow St
(between Orange and Foster Streets)
New Haven 06511
Phone: 1 203 773 9870
Tristan Indiana
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/19 10:50:21
Tried Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch the other day (first time). Got a sampling of 3 sauces. None were better than alright IMHO. I like BuffaLouie's wings much better. I go to one in Muncie near Ball State but appear they have locations near IU, Valpo, and I think Purdue also. Since I have never gotten to try true Buffalo wings in Buffalo NY, I don't know if these would pass muster but for around here they seem pretty tasty.
Spudnut
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/19 12:11:20
quote:
Originally posted by TheBone26

I'm not gonna let this wing discussion continue without mentioning the greatest WINGER joint to ever hit the scene. One word, two syllables...Cluck-U. Enough said. Their signature wingers at the "Thermo" level (12 large or 18 huge, both are respectable) along with their spuds are a better than perfect combination. THERE AINT NOTHING LIKE THEM- IT'S AN ADDICTION.

Does this place have a location somewhere in the continental US? Or Alaska, for that never-to-be-overlooked contingent of our group?
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/19 14:20:17
quote:

quote:

Does this place have a location somewhere in the continental US? Or Alaska, for that never-to-be-overlooked contingent of our group?

Go to www.cluckuchicken.com
WingLover
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/21 23:30:59
I love love love buffalo wings! My friend and I are addicted to them and we often go out to eat wings when we have the time and the money. Wings To Go is a great place to get wings. They are a little on the small side but are still very good. We get the Extra Hot, but once we decided to be daring and get the Homocide Wings, the hottest wings they served, and some Suicide Wings, the second hottest.

Oh man. Let's just say that the Homocide wings were *completely* inedible. You know how wings normally come in a red/orange sauce? These suckers were *brown*. I could barely stomach one of them, my nose and eyes were watering so much. (It was torture at the time, but great thinking back on it!) What made it even funnier is that we tried to eat some Suicide wings next, and we couldn't even *taste* them. The Homicide wings completely blew our taste buds!! Incredible stuff.

I have never had wings at Cluck U, but I've heard that their wings are bigger, and believe it or not, in order to eat their hottest wings you have to sign a waiver that basically says you will not hold Cluck U responsible if you pass out or hurt yourself by eating the wings. They're that hot, apparantly ... if you manage to eat 5 of their hottest wings, you get your picture taken and you get a free t-shirt as well.

And, even though it's a fast food chain, Domino's has some really good wings. I was suprised at how "hot" their hot wings really were. (Most "hot" varieties are more like a "mild" to me.) They aren't some dinky wings, either, they're pretty big! It was very satisfying, and I get wings from there when I get the chance.

~Jessica

hawkeyejohn
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/02/23 10:23:24
I have tried Buffalo Wild Wings and found them vastly overrated. The wings are so small it is ridiculous. The best that I have had is in a place in Joliet, IL called Glory Days. The sauce (hot) is just the right balance of flavor and heat, gives you that little sweat on top of your head, and the wings are big enough to actually get some meat off of them.
southjersey
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/03/05 09:07:56
Has anyone tried the wings from Lorenzo's Old Rail Tavern in Barrington New Jersey? They won the best wings in New Jersey in 2002.
hatteras04
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/03/05 11:15:45
quote:

quote:

We have one in Columbus, OH just north of campus on High Street. I go there from time to time becasue they have great chicken sandwiches. I did get the wings once and they weren't bad but if I am remebering correctly, they are breaded which is a buffalo wing no no with me.
Rusty246
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/03/05 11:31:37
quote:

I can't help but wonder which Cluck-U you ate at. Our's is TERRIBLE! I guess it could have been a bad day, but I don't think I'd go there again, not even for beer. The first and last time I ate there the wait person took my order while smoking a cigarette..
jettababs
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/03/05 12:27:15
Quaker Steak. I think they have branches in PA and OH. The wings are big and juicy--not crispy, so I think they're baked--and they have a pretty good range of sauces. Being a bit of a traditionalist (teriyaki doesn't do much for me), the classic medium is good, and the Arizona Ranch is incredible, like traditional sauce but with a tang to it. Worth driving a long way for.
BW3--meh. We have lots of them here. Nothing special. The local or semi-local places are almost always much better than the big guys.
wingaddict
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/05/28 08:57:23
By far my favorite place for wings is:

Alliger's House of Wings
201 Spring St.
Sayre, PA 18840
(570) 888-9805
http://home.stny.rr.com/alligers/index.htm

Their wings are a large and crispy. They now have a selection of 20 sauces. My favorite flavor is the "Sicilian" which has decent heat AND flavor (Franks Red Hot+ margarine+ few good "mystery" spices based). These wings are not breaded. They are the real thing.

If you want deathly hot, try their "Nuclear". While not the best tasting, people have left in ambulances from being too cocky with them. The taste is something like mixing Dave's Insanity sauce with powerful horseraddish sauce.

For a time in the mid to late 1990's their wings suffered. Fortuately they have made a strong come-back to their 80's. early 90's prime.

(please forgive my brain as I have been up for over 36 hours!)

~WingAddict
crustyFrank
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/06/26 21:35:12
I recently tried a new sauce all the locals here are raving about. It's Gumby's super garlic barbeque. No powdered garlic on these wings! And the flavor was fantastic! It's nice to try a sauce that actually sticks to the wing for a change.
DinoS
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/06/27 03:58:32
quote:
Originally posted by stevekoe

Uggghhh....Hooters wings may be the worst wing I have ever eaten.

Steve

No, the worst have to be those wing things they're now selling at KFC. Absolutely terrible. I was hungry and bought some. Ate one. Choked down another. Then threw the rest in the garbage. An awful, awful product.

Dino
WingLover
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/07/23 12:55:11
They're serving hot wings at KFC now!? Didn't know that ...

~Jessica
aleswench
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/07/23 13:38:43
quote:
Originally posted by tamandmik

This is a cuisine I am passionate about, as much as cheesesteaks, or pizza. I have tried various venues around the northeast, where I live, and compiled a list of my favorite wings.

7. Murphy's, Hanover NH

I can't believe you mentioned Pub 199! Besides the wings, the clams are the best! Have you been to Mountain Valley Lately? It has changed hands and gone a little down hill. Although, to be fair we have not been there for about 8 or 9 months. Will have to try them again.
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/07/27 02:59:59
Drovers Inn in Wellsburg, WV has the best buffalo wings i've had. Decent sized with a fantastic hot sauce. The way to eat them is to get them hot while drinking a cold beer in the dungeon underneath the building. Its a small bar area with about five to six tables and theres about 100 beer steins hanging on the ceiling.

Unfortunately, there isnt a very good website for Drovers (its also a bed and breakfast). The downstairs is never pictured as the upstairs (pictured) is for finer dining with good home cooked meals for guests.
http://bhs.broo.k12.wv.us/brk-cty/Drovers/tour.htm

Truly is a great place for wings though.
anselmo1
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/07/29 18:17:04
Buffalo Wild Wings in the Buffalo area won't win any chicken wing contests. Their chicken wings are small and their sauce seems to be a ketchup type sauce which lacks flavor. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate Buffalo Wild Wings a solid 2.
JDSpiedies
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/08/02 16:55:41
There is a place in the Hudson Valley Region called Planet Wings. It origanlly started out as a Pizza Place in Middletown, New York. It was During SB XXX that the owner had an idea- why not sell wings with Pizza. The idea cliked- he was sold out out wings in under an hour. The rest, as they say is history. Log on to www.planetwings.com for further info
DinoS
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/08/14 00:45:19
quote:
Originally posted by WingLover

They're serving hot wings at KFC now!? Didn't know that ...

~Jessica

Stay away (far away) from KFC for wings. They are AWFUL!

Go to a local bar instead.

Dino
Buffalo Tom
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/08/31 09:02:06
quote:
Originally posted by tamandmik

7. Murphy's, Hanover NH
Spudnut
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/08/31 09:34:22
quote:
Originally posted by Buffalo Tom

Hello Everybody

I am a new member of Roadfood, great site you have here. My name is Buffalo Tom, I was born and raised in Buffalo New York. I have spent the last 27 years in the Restaurant Industry. Around 22 years ago I developed a recipe for Hot Sauce to be used for Buffalo Wings, and three years ago I finally put that sauce in a bottle. check out my site at http://www.buffalotoms.com or http://www.buffalohotsauce.com
Hope to hear from all you sauce lovers real soon.

Sincerely;

Buffalo Tom

At last, some truth in advertising. Hear that, aa?
anselmo1
Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/09/01 16:53:49
The Anchor Bar's wings in Buffalo area are living on legend more than on substance. In the Buffalo area, we do not refer to chicken wings as Buffalo wings---we call them just "wings"! Other areas of the country refer to them as Buffalo wings.

This weekend, the area is having the following:

http://www.buffalowing.com/index2.html

Competitors from all areas of the country compete to make the best wings!
tbelk
Junior Burger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/09/09 18:21:24
The best wings in Buffalo, and perhaps the cosmos are often overlooked, and can be had at Gabriel's Gate on Allen Street in Buffalo-HUGE, juicy and with excellent sauce, they beat anyone, anywhere, hands down !!!!
Spudnut
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Best Buffalo Wings 2004/09/09 22:44:40
quote:
Originally posted by tbelk

The best wings in Buffalo, and perhaps the cosmos are often overlooked, and can be had at Gabriel's Gate on Allen Street in Buffalo-HUGE, juicy and with excellent sauce, they beat anyone, anywhere, hands down !!!!

It's been so long since I've eaten wings in Buffalo...I'll give them a try as soon as I can. I've heard others mention Gabriel's, too.
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 6