GOOD ROAST

Junior Burger
2006/05/29 19:23:43
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO COOK A JUICY TASTY ROAST IN THE OVEN
V960
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: GOOD ROAST 2006/05/30 12:34:35
First thing...look to the left side of your keyboard, find the "caps lock" key and press it so that all your post is NOT in caps.

I prefer the high to low heat method for a really good piece of meat. Preheat oven to as high as it will go for at least twenty minutes. Coarse salt and fresh pepper rubbed on the meat (that is at room temp) before placing in the oven. Keep at that high temp for ten minutes and then drop to 300 F until done as you want. Remember you will have a carry over in temp while the roast rests. Another thing very important is to let the roast rest for fifteen minutes before cutting it.
Rusty246
RE: GOOD ROAST 2006/05/30 13:16:09
Sort of on the same line here. I've been folling Sundancer's method every since he posted it awhile back. Rub roast with a little olive oil, S & P. Place in a pan with a small amount of water, I use no more than a half cup. Cover tightly. Cook at 250 to 300 for about 6 hours. I go home at lunch about once every other week and do this, adding veggies the last hour. Dinner's done.
jellybear
RE: GOOD ROAST 2006/05/30 13:20:33
If you dont know how to roast meat in the oven you would be better off starting in a crockpot.Till you get the hang of it.
NebGuy
Double Cheeseburger
RE: GOOD ROAST 2006/05/30 13:52:45
How you cook it will depend somewhat on the cut of beef you are using. Prime rib roast vs. a chuck roast for example. Maybe let us know what you have in mind to use.
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: GOOD ROAST 2006/05/30 19:44:53
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty246

Sort of on the same line here. I've been folling Sundancer's method every since he posted it awhile back. Rub roast with a little olive oil, S & P. Place in a pan with a small amount of water, I use no more than a half cup. Cover tightly. Cook at 250 to 300 for about 6 hours. I go home at lunch about once every other week and do this, adding veggies the last hour. Dinner's done.

Once every other week?
You like it well done, I guess..