Fruit Salad Vending

Junior Burger
2006/06/20 21:26:42
I have done some lookin around and seems that precut fruit is a major industry in the reatil world.
Jimeats
Filet Mignon
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/06/21 06:49:21
Why would you vend it? It's so easily accsesible in any market in individual portion size. Just my thought. Chow Jim
Truckin
Junior Burger
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/06/21 08:28:16
Well, if you're at a festival, I'm starting to see more fresh food, especially since my espresso concession appeals to organizations that are don't want the typical midway food court anymore - add people's nutritional awareness growing and I think fruit salad is a good thing to try. If you are vending at a park or fixed location, you still might do alright. Even if there is fruit salad in any market, so is there a hot dog at any convenience store, and that doesn't stop them from selling one block away.
Rootsman
Cheeseburger
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/06/21 16:02:33
Noticed concession stands in Brussels, Belgium recently that only sold fruit salad.
adbunting
Hamburger
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/06/23 20:19:27
Kebabs. They work great. Plus people like things on sticks. (for heaven's sake puhLEEZE don't deep fry them! Although bananas sound kinda good...hmmmmm....)

April

xannie_01
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/06/23 20:26:47
on visits to key west, we always bought fruit kabobs from the vendor on mallory square. he would sell completely out before sunset. the kabobs had pineapple, strawberries, melon and papaya, topped off with grapes. great guilt free snack.
AndreaB
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/06/28 04:54:46
At a fair we recently attended, there was a guy selling fruit kebabs and you could pick the fruits you wanted and have them with or without caramel. There was a long line at his stand.

Andrea
roadrash
Cheeseburger
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/06/28 13:26:56
I would say that if someone can make a go of it selling deep fried bologna, it doesn't seem so far-fetched to think that you can make a go of it selling fruit salad or fruit kebabs. I'd think that it would be very popular in "progressive" places like cities on the coasts and the like.

Of course you'd need a way to keep your product cold, and you'll spend a LOT of time in prep each day, but I'm sure it can be done.
beerbattersausage
Junior Burger
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/07/06 18:49:52
quote:
Originally posted by Jimeats

Why would you vend it? It's so easily accsesible in any market in individual portion size. Just my thought. Chow Jim

So are hot dogs, sausage, corn dogs, its all about the venue!
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Fruit Salad Vending 2006/07/06 18:59:31
The Fruit Kabob is cutting edge IMHO! Done right, as I know you would Beerb, they would sell like hotcakes.
Joe
norarow
Junior Burger
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re:Fruit Salad Vending 2014/03/15 03:54:14
we shouldn't ignore the daily security in our life such as the GPS tracking or other method used by someone to steal our privacy. Therefore a with a good function of cutting off cell phone signals as well as other frequency bands signals can help to create the security system to protect us. And then we can enjoy the quiet and peaceful environment.