Salsa's, Ashville NC

Just got back from a trip to Ashville. Ate lunch at Salsas downtown, and it was very good. Refreshing Mexican with the dishes served in deep plates with great sides. The pico was fresh and perfectly simple. I had the Veggie buritto with rice, beans, mushrooms, and (surprise) roasted cloves of garlic. Topped with baked cheese, It was served with Avacado pico on a bed of greans and and warm chips. After you ate your ordered entre you were left with a salad that could have been a meal in its own right.

Other dishes at the table were similar and equally as good. All portions were large as expected at a Mexican place, but were very reasonable (7 to 8 bucks). I truly attribute the dedication to freshness for the success of Salsas food (the ritas had lime pulp in it). I must try if you are in Ashville. Hope you like it as much as my crowd.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Salsa's, Ashville NC 2006/06/25 21:58:40
Dearfolk,
I've been to Salsa's and was very satisfied. The cuisine is more Central American than Mexican, with a number of additions only found farther south. The owner/chef is a genius and is tremendously respected by cognoscenti (sp.?) in the Asheville area.
There are a number of great little eateries in that city. While I'd never have considered Salsa's to be Roadfood (at least not in the classic sense), it is a viable destination to anyone going that way.
Wistfully, Ort. Carlton in Oh-So-Near-But-Oh-So-Far-Away Athens, Georgia.