Amado Burger

kangolpimp
  • Total Posts : 119
  • Reward points : 0
Amado Burger - Sat, 06/28/03 7:18 PM
I have a question regarding this burger:

Does anyone know what kind of cheese they use and how the cheese is prepared? It seems to be a semi-hardened cheese sauce, or a melange of several cheeses strewn with herbs and spices. Those fries look pretty great, too. This is the Amado Burger from The Longhorn Grill in Amado, Arizona.

Bushie
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: Amado Burger - Sat, 06/28/03 7:48 PM
Oh my GOODNESS, that looks GOOD!!!!!

kangolpimp
RE: Amado Burger - Sat, 06/28/03 7:54 PM
It sure does, Bushie, which is why I am so interested in a Burger currently offered 2600 miles away from me. The more I look at it, the more the cheese preparation seems to be fried monterrey jack sprinkled with very thinly shredded cheddar and topped with herbs. But I am hoping someone here knows for certain.

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13388
RE: Amado Burger - Sat, 06/28/03 8:04 PM
Looks like it might have jalapeno's and maybe some onions in it, whatever it looks good to me.

Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN

kangolpimp
RE: Amado Burger - Sat, 06/28/03 8:17 PM
I found the answer in the more detailed section in this site's restaurant search area:

The Amado Burger is a half-pound slab of meat mixed with garlic, spice, and liquid smoke and topped with a melted cheddar-and-mayo combination that is dotted with bits of green olive.

I still say those have got to be some herbs, unless someone is chopping those olives into microscopic pieces.

Next time, I will try to exhaust every detail from this site before I go posting about something whose answer can be readily-gleaned from these pages.

Ted Steak
  • Total Posts : 60
RE: Amado Burger - Sun, 06/29/03 2:28 AM

Originally posted by kangolpimp

I have a question regarding this burger:

Does anyone know what kind of cheese they use and how the cheese is prepared? It seems to be a semi-hardened cheese sauce, or a melange of several cheeses strewn with herbs and spices. Those fries look pretty great, too. This is the Amado Burger from The Longhorn Grill in Amado, Arizona.

I dunno...send me a few & I'll do some research on 'em

harriet1954
  • Total Posts : 1086
RE: Amado Burger - Sun, 06/29/03 1:17 PM
I think those french fries look great. For some reason the stuff on top of the hamburger doesn't appeal to me. And I'm probably alone in this on this thread.

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15064
RE: Amado Burger - Sun, 06/29/03 2:07 PM
"Mom",
You're not alone...I'd have to order it and see it for real to change my first thought..."That's Nasty Lookin' " !!