BBQ'd cornbread

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13385
  • Reward points : 0
BBQ'd cornbread - Sun, 06/29/03 4:14 PM
I watched Emeriel today on the Food Channel. It was a BBQ show where Emeriel was cooking at one of his friends. It featured five winners of a contest and the number one winner was the BBQ cornbread. The guy that won it was from Rossville, GA which is a suburb of Chattanooga. He did basic cornbread, except he used huge amounts of butter and sugar and added a large amount of BBQ pork. The cornbread looked delicious. I would have added onions, jalapeno peppers and some bacon grease.

I would have never thought about adding BBQ shredded pork butte to the mixture. Another thing that I thought strange as he cooked at 350 degrees for one hour and I would have cooked 450 for 45 minutes. I do that for the crust. He also added six eggs to the mixture. I never add more than one or two. Whatever. Sure looked goooooood

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Ort. Carlton.
  • Total Posts : 3589
  • Reward points : 0
RE: BBQ'd cornbread - Sun, 06/29/03 9:49 PM
Dearfolk,
I've just discovered a new-to-me non-chain restaurant just a mile and a half from my house that features Walt's Jalapeno Cornbread. Oh, my, is it goooooooood.
I'll tell y'all more about the place one night when the library isn't about to closeup on me at midpost. It's 9:48 and the bells are ringing, tintinabulating.
Hurriedly (But Don't Y'all Hurry That Cornbread!), Ort. Carlton.