Beignets

BhamBabe
  • Total Posts : 879
  • Reward points : 0
Beignets - Mon, 07/17/06 10:19 PM
Did a search and it's been a long time since anything was posted so I won't drag an old topic from last year up.

I did want to share my breakfast this past Sat with y'all. We are moving to New Orleans next month and had come down on a house searching mission. The very first place I hit was Cafe Du Monde and it was heaven to be back.

Business was brisk and it was just as wonderful as I remembered from before Katrina. Forgive the missing ones, had to slap hands off of the last one just to get a pic.

I hope y'all come back down and have a few, look me up when ya get here and we'll sit and listen to music and indulge to our hearts content!

EdSails
  • Total Posts : 3541
RE: Beignets - Mon, 07/17/06 10:44 PM
I'm still planning another trip to Fairhope AL in a few months. How was the driving thru NO? that beignet looks delicious!

mr chips
  • Total Posts : 4714
RE: Beignets - Mon, 07/17/06 11:17 PM
Want that beignet. Thanks for the memory.

BhamBabe
  • Total Posts : 879
RE: Beignets - Mon, 07/17/06 11:25 PM
It was very yummy! As was our serenade by a trombone and trumpet player right by the rails.

Traffic was pretty hectic actually. The bridge coming in over Lake Pontratrain was bumper to bumper. Part of it is a temp bridge as well so be prepared for a slow down. The trek over the Huey P. Long bridge into West Bank was even more hectic. I kid my husband that those folks drive like folks from Georgia, you know the turn signal is a sign of weakness. He's from there and didn't think it was too funny rofl.

There's lots of traffic mainly due to so many commuting into the city so rush hour is an hour and a half if not more. Going down towards the French Quarter is really busy but more for the construction than anything. The West Bank is business as usual.

Have a good trip. Fairhope is a lovely city.

Just noticed you'll be coming in the other direction. No worries on the bridge over Lake Pontratrain leaving the city. It didn't have any problems.

EdSails
  • Total Posts : 3541
RE: Beignets - Tue, 07/18/06 1:07 AM
Thanks, BhamBabe!

martipr
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: Beignets - Wed, 09/6/06 8:39 PM
I am an old man and will probably never be able to go back to Cafe Du Monde but GOD WHAT MEMORIES. Thanks a million.

roossy90
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Beignets - Sun, 09/10/06 6:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BhamBabe

We are moving to New Orleans next month

I wish you well.
I can honestly say that that is one place that I never want to move to, and you are blessed for wanting to move there.
I hope everything works out for you.
Please get to Mothers and have a Ferdie, and think of me when you do!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think loads of you for wanting to go there permanently.
I only like to spend about 36-48 hours there.
Tara

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6200
RE: Beignets - Mon, 09/11/06 4:08 AM
We are nearly 4000 miles from home and I have a box of Cafe du Monde beignet mix in the camper! Unfortunately I don't have the chickory coffee. And after you have the Ferdie, get the John G with Debris. Good luck on your move!