Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy?

Junior Burger
2006/07/23 00:28:18
Does anyone remember what this candy was called/ who made it? This is driving us nuts.

It was somewhere in the mid-90's... they were these peanut-shaped candies that had a wafer-like outside and a creamy chocolate center. I think they came in different flavors, too. I'm pretty sure they came in some sort of foilish-bags and were made by planters or nestle or some such big company.
Kristersaurus
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 01:39:53
thought it might help to note that these were a very big thing... you could find them at any super market. They had a really unique flavor... a very crispy outside and very creamy center. I miss those things. I can still taste them.
stellatj
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 14:12:25
do you mean these
http://www.oldtimecandy.com/honey-combed-peanuts.htm
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 15:26:15
No, i don't think that's what krister's talking about. I can picture it, I just don't know what they were called!
markolenski
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 15:29:03
How about these. These are orange in color and pure fluffy sugar
http://www.oldtimecandy.com/circus-peanuts.htm
Kristersaurus
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 18:19:55
Nope, thanks for the replies, but they definitely were not circus peanuts. They were a big-name cookie/candy. They were definitely a nabisco/nestle/mars kind of product. Those honey-combed peanuts sound like they are along the same line, but these were not hard candies. The outside was sort of cookie-like..very crisp and sort of wafer-like.
6star
Filet Mignon
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 20:09:58
Could they have been Planter's Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies?
Kristersaurus
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 20:16:58
Nope, not nutter butters. These weren't cookies with something sandwiched in between...the outside was the shape of a whole peanut shell that completely encapsulated creamy goodness. I think they were shaped like peanuts because the signature flavor was peanut filled, but the better kind was chocolate filled. there may have been more flavors.
Kristersaurus
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 20:19:18
and as far as the planters cookies goes, if they are the same kind as are in the 100 calorie packs, the same response goes: they werent two peanut shaped cookies with something sandwiched in between, it was something that acutally looked like a peanut that encapsulated something else, not sandwiched it. again, thanks for the replies, though.
Kristersaurus
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 20:25:13
come to think of it, they, in some small way, remind me of the snack "combos" but with a crispy, cookie-like outside and a sweet inside.
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 21:21:40
I know what you're talking about and I remember trying them. The outside wafer was similar to that of Nabisco's "Nutter Butter Patties," only they were a peanut shaped shell. I recall it having a peanut Creme center. There may have been a peanut butter & chocolate version. I think they were made by Planters. I want to say they were called "P.B." something or other, but am not sure.

I really liked them.
Skookummike
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/23 21:23:29
They were called PB Crisps...I can only remember that because the song in the commerical must have said it a million times. Glad I could help.
Diner-Lover
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/24 01:00:07
Here's a commercial for P.B. Crisps that Skookummike remembered the name of. Could they be what you remember, Kristersaurus?

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/159/
Kristersaurus
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/24 01:23:13
ha! thats it! good work guys! man i miss those things. im in awe. thanks a lot.
Kristersaurus
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/24 01:25:00
man, why did they stop making those delicious things...
octopus
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/24 15:57:56
Yummy packing peanuts.
txtwister
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/24 16:09:54
You know, I think last Easter (maybe Easter before last?) we bought something that was similar - not peanut shaped, but kind of classic "truffle shaped" about the size of a very large walnut. They had a fluffy creme center, crispy coating/shell, and were chocolate covered, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of them. I do remember that they, too, were a "big name" candy and sound like if they're still in production, you'd like them.
curried bluebonnet
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/24 17:26:47
Could the truffle shaped ones be "Bon bon" candy? Walmart used to sell them at Easter, though I didn't see them last year. Pretty big in size, creamy peanut butter center, wafer coating then dipped in chocolate. Very yummy!
txtwister
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/25 15:31:41
Curried Bluebonnet, that sounds exactly right, though the name doesn't ring a bell. I'm pretty sure they weren't the "ferrero rocher" though.

CRS syndrome strikes again. ;-)
whotony
Junior Burger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/07/28 23:21:54
i remember these.
but wasnt there a chocolate version too or other flavors
Rowsdower98
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2006/08/13 12:27:35
I used to love P.B. Crisps. My grandmother used to get them for us kids all the time, and yes there was a chocolate flavor, but I always thought the peanut butter was better. I was unaware they quit making them, but I guess it's been a few years since I've seen P.B. Crisps. They were great.
dasl_4
Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2007/02/01 16:02:30
Bumping for a new query
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2007/02/01 17:21:47
I remember a few different peanut shaped candies

One was large-ish (2-3 in.) sort of marshmallowey and pastel colors, tasted sometimes like bananas

Another, quite different, smaller (apx. 1 1/2 in) hard candy with chocolate and or peanut filling.

Rick F.
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2007/02/09 00:21:58
Is it this?

I found it at[url='http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=9995&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=38&iSubCat=179&iProductID=9995']The Vermont Country Store.[/url]
studiodrummer3333
Junior Burger
Re:Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2010/12/13 21:36:56
Im pretty sure its PB CRISP it was a redish orange bag with the planters nuts guy leaning on the name... THE BEST EVER and i cant find them n e where 
post edited by studiodrummer3333 - 2010/12/13 21:38:47
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: Please help - what is this peanut shaped candy? 2010/12/14 00:32:03
stellatj

do you mean these
http://www.oldtimecandy.com/honey-combed-peanuts.htm

Btw, these are the people that have Bonomo's Turkish Taffy now. It's great having it again after all these years.