Salad Dressings

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2006/08/05 03:49:09
Hello All,
I'm putting this here in the Restaurant Professionals because I think
you may have the answer to my question, and it may be a dumb question.
I eat a simple garden salad every day, and I rely on the salad dressing
for a certain flavour.
It seems that by July through September the salad dressing is extremely runny. I use Thousand Island or Ranch.
I know that it is a hot season, but why does it get runny? Or am I just nutty and it is my imagination?
Just a fun question, not earth-shaking, but is there a reason for this
and do restaurants have similiar problems?
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Salad Dressings 2006/08/05 07:59:51
Is the dressing from your workplace or store bought?
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Salad Dressings 2006/08/06 02:18:42
Hello All,
Store bought.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
lleechef
Sirloin
RE: Salad Dressings 2006/08/06 07:04:54
I never heard of store bought dressings separating, they have stabilizers to prevent that. My homemade dressings will sometimes separate if left in the fridge too long but I just give them a good shake and they come back together. Shake them good before using is the only thing I can think of.

But then again, maybe you are just nutty.
bassrocker4u2
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Salad Dressings 2006/08/06 07:42:09
thousand island is my dressing of choice. i have never, seen it runny.
i think if i did, i would take it back to the store, and find another brand. do you keep it in the fridge? check the date on the bottle, but its probable that it sat in a warehouse or back of the store, all nice and hot....
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Salad Dressings 2006/08/06 09:11:02
There could be a billion reasons for this-from transport of product up to the tempature of the store you frequent.If it is shelf stable dressing, its a mystery to me.If it is a dressing in the refrigerated section of your store, I would question their temperature practices.Or maybe we are all just a bit off when it is hot!!!!!!!