Can't get good scrambled eggs

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Cheeseburger
RE: Can't get good scrambled eggs 2007/03/17 14:35:06
I disagree that ANY liquid should be added to eggs that are to be scrambled (assuming that they are FRESH, good quality eggs). In my experience, adding liquid to the eggs will produce eggs "with liquid" . . . that is, runny scrambled eggs.

In our house we use a 50-year-old (?), well-seasoned, 8-inch Wagner's cast iron skillet (which is ONLY used for cooking eggs) to scramble eggs.

We whip the eggs with a fork . . . NO blender, eggbeater, or other mechanical gadget.

We heat the skillet to a medium heat, then lower the temperature a bit. Pour in the eggs, stir with a wooden spoon cooking gently until light and fluffy.

Man, them's good eggs!
Wandering Chew
Cheeseburger
RE: Can't get good scrambled eggs 2007/03/17 14:51:44
quote:
Originally posted by BunglingBill

I disagree that ANY liquid should be added to eggs that are to be scrambled (assuming that they are FRESH, good quality eggs). In my experience, adding liquid to the eggs will produce eggs "with liquid" . . . that is, runny scrambled eggs.

In our house we use a 50-year-old (?), well-seasoned, 8-inch Wagner's cast iron skillet (which is ONLY used for cooking eggs) to scramble eggs.

We whip the eggs with a fork . . . NO blender, eggbeater, or other mechanical gadget.

We heat the skillet to a medium heat, then lower the temperature a bit. Pour in the eggs, stir with a wooden spoon cooking gently until light and fluffy.

Man, them's good eggs!

Bill, youve now challenged me- in practice i dont always add water -its orig recipe per Julia Childs that i was relating and have followed-point is that i do with and without water -no rhyme or reason-and will next time i make eggs do both and compare-my own empirical eggxperiment.Will report back in true scientific method.
BunglingBill
Cheeseburger
RE: Can't get good scrambled eggs 2007/03/17 15:00:00
Hey, Chew, thank you for accepting the challenge!

I will look forward to your report.

Oh, and by the way, I LOVED (vicariously, of course) Julia Child. Would you believe that I have even had erotic dreams about this wonderful woman?

YUP! Julie could have cooked for me any time. I miss her . . . REALLY miss her!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial