roadtrip to boston

Author
hairypotter
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2003/07/04 12:39:23 (permalink)

roadtrip to boston

I am taking the family on a roadfood adventure this summer from South Bend, Indiana to Boston. Any recommendations along I90 through Ohio or near 86 (17) in upstate NY? Anything worth eating near the finger lakes that's as good as the wine at Dr. Frank's? " />

3 Replies Related Threads

seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    RE: roadtrip to boston 2003/07/04 13:15:27 (permalink)
    Wagner Vineyards on Seneca Lake has a nice warm weather outdoor cafe with great views of vineyards and the lake - lite fare- soup and sandwiches and their own wine and beer. Goodplace for kids.

Glenora, also on Seneca, has an excellent upscale restaurant and a very comfortable Inn.

Castel Grisch also has a nice patio for dining at reasonable prices.

If the kids are young, its OK to take them to Bully Hill for hot dogs and hamburgers. The tasting room is run like a big frat party with the quality of wine to match.

PennYan has a number of small more roadfood type places that have good hamburgers, etc.

We've never found any speedies or any take out Cornell chicken around the lakes, but it must be there...

Dont fail to go to Herman Wiemer's winery on Seneca - at least as good as Franks - and we love Franks!

BTW: As we passed through Ohio last Fall we bought a half dozen bottles of Ohio wine - all of it inexpensive and none of it worth the trip.
    I'm sure there's good stuff there- we just didn't find it.
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2129
    RE: roadtrip to boston 2003/07/05 10:58:12 (permalink)
    I just finished a wine tour yesterday through the finger lakes and can heartily recommend Knapp Vineyards for food. It is not roadfood, but good food. Avoid Wagners for a meal, but certainly stay for the beer tasting (read: Oatmeal Stout).
    Jim Ross
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: roadtrip to boston 2003/07/05 13:28:04 (permalink)
    Be sure and eat at Durgin-Park early in your stay in Boston. That's so you'll have the chance to go back again. One of the best places anywhere.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1