My First Buffalo Steak

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2006/08/14 11:08:01
We grilled buffalo steaks for the first time yesterday and it was great. It grilled up just right for me (med. rare) and the whole family enjoyed them. My 9 year old granddaughter chose the steak over a hamburger and devoired it. I was given the steaks by a friend and he told me that they are normally $14 a pound, but they were marked down to $7 and he picked up about 8 of them and splint them with me (a good friend he is). I was very apprehensive about eating buffalo but not any more.
HollyDolly
RE: My First Buffalo Steak 2006/08/14 12:22:58
It can be pretty good,just I guess don't overcook it.HEB Grocery Store has some ground buffalo meat and Buffalo steaks you can buy in a package.Of course,at the HEB Central Market on Broadway by the University of the Incarnate Word,you can buy buffalo meat,fancy angus steaks,etc.etc.
It's fun just to look at all the fancy food they sell there.Glad your granddaughter enjoyed her steak.
Driving around the countryside here near San Antonio you can see several ranches where they have buffalo.It is I believe much leaner that beef and healtheir.
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: My First Buffalo Steak 2006/10/26 20:53:53
We have a local butcher here that has a buffalo / beefalo connection, they always have a great selection of buffalo/beefalo.

If you grill it too far, you might as while take off your sneaker and try munching on the uppers, cause it will be the same as a well done buffalo steak.

buffalo + buffalo = buffalo
cow + buffalo = beefalo

both are good, beefalo a little more fat.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: My First Buffalo Steak 2006/10/26 21:26:58
I love buffalo burgers. Wholefoods sell fresh ground buffalo for $5.99 a pound.
They are perfect at medium rare.
MandalayVA
Cheeseburger
RE: My First Buffalo Steak 2006/11/03 06:47:21
I can buy ground buffalo at my local supermarket, but I've only eaten buffalo steak once--at Disney World of all places. There's a restaurant in the Wilderness Lodge called Artists' Point that specializes in northwest cuisine and had a buffalo ribeye steak available. I got it rare and it was delicious.
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: My First Buffalo Steak 2006/11/04 03:06:31
quote:
Originally posted by cajunking

We have a local butcher here that has a buffalo / beefalo connection, they always have a great selection of buffalo/beefalo.

If you grill it too far, you might as while take off your sneaker and try munching on the uppers, cause it will be the same as a well done buffalo steak.

buffalo + buffalo = buffalo
cow + buffalo = beefalo

both are good, beefalo a little more fat.

Tastes are totally different though..
Buffalo has its own taste.
Beefalo tastes too much like Mooooooo................
Better off buying Buffalo!
I like it.. Had it in Colorado..
ConeyIslandLou
Double Cheeseburger
RE: My First Buffalo Steak 2006/11/04 06:55:40

Buffalo steak at the Bunker Hill Cafe, Bunker Hill Ks mmmmmmmmmmmmm...the A-1 was NOT necessary....or used...
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: My First Buffalo Steak 2006/11/04 08:11:29
I had some wonderful buffalo tacos at the Wisconsin State fair.Incredibly tasty...Wish we had a place close to buy buffalo meat.
danimal15
RE: My First Buffalo Steak 2006/12/01 12:15:41
Michael's Hot Dogs in Highland Park, Ill. sells a burger made of buffalo meat, and it's quite good. You'd think it was a normal burger. The place advertises it as having far less fat and cholesterol than a beef burger, which suggests the buffalo it gets its meat from are grass-fed.