GREAT SEAFOOD

Cheeseburger
2006/08/18 11:13:02
I will be in Louisville, Ky. later this month, for 3 to 4 days, and would love to have some great seafood. Where can I find this?
tiki
Filet Mignon
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/18 13:36:36
Why in the world would you look for seafood in KENTUCKY?---i think i'd pass--unless y9u cqan find a good catfish house--and go for BBQ or a good meat and three.
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/18 14:01:55
or a hot brown?
tsores
Double Cheeseburger
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/18 14:17:18
Or fried chicken.
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/19 12:19:19
But I like seafood !
tiki
Filet Mignon
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/19 12:26:25
Well then--i dont know the area--but i am willing to bet that if you it fresh--you best bet is catfish.
sizz
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/19 12:31:13
quote:
Polish guy Posted - 08/18/2006 : 11:13:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be in Louisville, Ky. later this month, for 3 to 4 days, and would love to have some great seafood. Where can I find this?

Dla ryby id¹ do morza
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/19 12:39:19
You asked about GREAT Seafood and Polish Food and mentioned staying at the Galt House.
Right behind the Hotel, on the riverfront is Joes Crabshack. Directly across the Ohio River on the Indiana Shore is Kingfish. Joe's is a national chain and Kingfish is a local chain. Both serve seafood as their main menu.Neither is 'noted' as being great. Louisville houses some fine restaurants and some GOOD restaurants, and some cruddy restaurants. Some are local and some are National chain stores.

I know of no restaurants that center their menu on Polish food. That doesn't mean they aren't there, but I haven't had any experience with them.

Here is a link to our local restaurant reviews. Feel free to check out the reviews and see if any meet your needs.
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/?page_id=8
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/21 11:35:08
Joe's and Kingfish are far from great, somethimes not even good. Any great ones.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/08/21 13:18:30
You want seafood, Try Panama City, FL or Savannah, GA. But when you come to Louisville look for interesting Southern Crusine. READ the restaurant reviews and make your picks.
marky
Cheeseburger
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/10/02 13:26:51
went to maine to visit my daughter soninlaw and my precious 2 year old grandaughter. had a real foodie holiday and here goes. the maine diner in wells served the best seafood chowder ive ever had loaded with lobster, sea scallops,haddock,shrimp in a not too creamy broth. on a one to ten it was a fifteen. in kittery a very nondescript shack had lobster roll to die for. the lady made it right in front of us and it blew us away. the name of the place is the sea hag. strange name great food. we ordered steamers and her boyfriend told us the creek where he dug them and we had an enormous platter of the most tender sweet ipswitchs without a speck of sand. takeout with 1 picnic table in front but the sleeper of all sleepers. just go
lleechef
Sirloin
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/10/02 18:07:45
I have never ordered seafood in the heartland. Usually save that for the East Coast or West Coast. And then there's my favorite state......Alaska, with halibut, chowder, Kodiak scallops, Bering Sea king crab, salmon, spot shrimp, nightstick prawns, cod, Pacific ocean perch, among others. We don't have any Maine lobsters or Ipswich clams but the seafood isn't too shabby!
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/10/03 06:13:00
quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

I have never ordered seafood in the heartland. Usually save that for the East Coast or West Coast. And then there's my favorite state......Alaska, with halibut, chowder, Kodiak scallops, Bering Sea king crab, salmon, spot shrimp, nightstick prawns, cod, Pacific ocean perch, among others. We don't have any Maine lobsters or Ipswich clams but the seafood isn't too shabby!

Sounds like you are already getting homesick for Alaskan seafood already

Pretty soon you will get your fill of grapefruit, oranges, lemons and date shakes and California fusion.

I doubt that you are missing the cold weather though I understand that the last month and part of this month is one of the best in Alaska as far as weather goes. I admire your and Z's adventuresome spirt. That had to be one heck of a neat trip. I certainly envy that.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
HollyDolly
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/10/03 09:22:23
I would stick to catfish or other local fish.I'm sure many cafes and restaraunts serve good local fish.In Milwaukee they have fish frys all the time,New England has lobsters,even in Texas along the coast,you can find good seafood.Heard Snoopy's in Corpus Christi is good,and there are places in Port Aransas and Rockport.San Antonio seafood is improving,despite being only a couple hundred miles or so from Corpus,there really weren't any great seafood places here.
Just ask the locals about fish places.As was mentioned before,you can't really find great seafood in the midwest part of the country until perhasp you get up by the great lakes area.

We lived in Alaska for 3 or 4 years.Dad was stationed at ElmendorfAFB,at the Alaskan Air Command.
Yup good seafood eating up there.We didn't go out for it,we just bought it and cooked it at home.
Miss the reindeer and Carabou sausage daddy would buy at the commissary sometimes.I was the only one who really liked it.
improviser
Double Cheeseburger
RE: GREAT SEAFOOD 2006/10/03 09:55:55
My grandparents enjoy Mike Linnig's. It's not very fancy, not fancy at all, actually but you can enjoy fried seafood and cold beer. There's a review in the link that The Mayor posted.