caramel apples

holdem
  • Total Posts : 411
  • Reward points : 0
caramel apples - Mon, 08/21/06 10:26 PM
How do you like yours? With nuts or without? Maybe a candy apple? I like mine with nuts. They are one of my favorite desserts.

Jennifer_4
  • Total Posts : 1508
RE: caramel apples - Tue, 08/22/06 12:16 AM
no nuts... and I love candy apples...I've made both at home..what an unholy mess!

SassyGritsAL
  • Total Posts : 1089
RE: caramel apples - Tue, 08/22/06 9:08 AM
I absolutely love candy apples, one of my fav. things to eat. I like them with chopped pecans. Not many places around here sell candy apples, but since Fall is approaching I see a few places that do (Farmers Market, Flea Markets, small fairs, etc. For a short time in Sep./Oct. Target sells them. When I go to the Opry Mills Outlet Mall in Nashville, I always visit The Apple Barn for candy apples. I also love the hard cin. flav. ones too. Has anyone ever ordered them online and have a source?

bbqjimbob
  • Total Posts : 428
RE: caramel apples - Tue, 08/22/06 5:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SassyGritsAL

I absolutely love candy apples, one of my fav. things to eat. I like them with chopped pecans. Not many places around here sell candy apples, but since Fall is approaching I see a few places that do (Farmers Market, Flea Markets, small fairs, etc. For a short time in Sep./Oct. Target sells them. When I go to the Opry Mills Outlet Mall in Nashville, I always visit The Apple Barn for candy apples. I also love the hard cin. flav. ones too. Has anyone ever ordered them online and have a source?

Try this site: http://www.wild-orchards.com/index.html

I've never ordered from them, I just came across it in a search. They do have the cinnamon candy apples, along with many other flavors.

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9790
RE: caramel apples - Tue, 08/22/06 5:35 PM
In the Chicago area, make sure you check out Affy Tapples:

http://www.affytapple.com/index.cfm

They have a nice factory tour, too.

Oh...and I definitely prefer my caramel apples without nuts.

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
RE: caramel apples - Tue, 08/22/06 6:10 PM
I love Affy Tapples...but I am also a sucker for the simple make your own with melted Kraft caramels.With nuts, of course

jvsmom
  • Total Posts : 462
RE: caramel apples - Tue, 08/22/06 7:00 PM
I love caramel apples with nuts. This time of year, with apple picking time coming up, sometimes you can find an orchard that sells the caramel apples. Mmmm-mmm. I also love to buy them at the local fairs.

Another thing they've been selling lately, which is a little easier to eat, is an apple, cut into wedges (for ease in dipping), placed in a bowl with a ladle full of hot caramel dropped in the middle. It's easier to eat while walking around, but you can't exactly pack it up to take home.

xannie_01
  • Total Posts : 1481
RE: caramel apples - Tue, 08/22/06 7:11 PM
i prefer the slices because a taste is all
i want..i give the rest to the hubster.

SassyGritsAL
  • Total Posts : 1089
RE: caramel apples - Wed, 08/23/06 10:23 AM
Thans for the sites, they all look so good.