Spatchcocked!

aleswench
  • Total Posts : 686
  • Reward points : 0
Spatchcocked! - Fri, 09/1/06 1:56 PM
I thought Bob was speaking in husband/wife "code" when he told me he wanted to "spatchcock the chicken" tonight.... But I was wrong! I hope tonights meal comes out as delicious looking as this:

http://www.bamaque.com/webstat/Spatch-cocked%20Chicken.htm

Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day weekend with good eats, good weather and good fun! Sue

Jennifer_4
  • Total Posts : 1508
RE: Spatchcocked! - Fri, 09/1/06 2:17 PM
It looks like good eats no matter whatcha call it! No chicken here for labor day.. for us it's triple cheese (jack/cheddar/muenster inside) steak burgers, brats, polish sausage, Nathan's, smoked fonduta dip and key lime (with real key limes) cheesecake.

Ashphalt
  • Total Posts : 1644
RE: Spatchcocked! - Fri, 09/1/06 2:32 PM
Suposedly shortened from "dispatch the cock."

I brine mine with a lot of garlic in the solution, then dry it and stuff a sort of "pesto" of fresh sage, garlic, and olive oil under the skin.

Maybe if it clears up on Monday...

baconman
  • Total Posts : 33
RE: Spatchcocked! - Fri, 09/1/06 7:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ashphalt

Suposedly shortened from "dispatch the cock."

I brine mine with a lot of garlic in the solution, then dry it and stuff a sort of "pesto" of fresh sage, garlic, and olive oil under the skin.

Maybe if it clears up on Monday...

That sounds incredible...thanks

corabeth
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Spatchcocked! - Sun, 09/3/06 12:11 PM
This has become my favorite way to gril or roast chicken. I like to make different compound butters(butter,lime zest,minced jalapeno or butter,lemon zest,tarragon,garlic),loosen the chicken skin(make sure not to pierce skin),place the butter between the skin & the flesh. One great thing about roasting a chicken this way is that all of skin is crisp & yummy.