Lamb Vindaloo

Cheeseburger
2006/09/04 22:35:43
If you like hot an spicy, pungent curries. It's the best!!
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2006/09/14 19:34:00
I love a really hot vindaloo ... and a hot sagwal (curried spinach dish) especially lamb sagwala.
xannie_01
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2006/09/14 19:35:17
i agree..nothing like heat with flavor.
TheHotPepper.com
Cheeseburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2006/09/14 19:43:29
Damn, now I'm craving it!
fhoran
Cheeseburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2006/09/16 10:09:45
I think it was Paul Prudhomme who said that the right amount of heat is the amount that keeps you wanting to take another bite and I think that's right. It's the amount that burns but compels you to try another bite (think taco chips and hot salsa in a Mexican restaurant). I love just about all Indian food - just made a kedgeree last weekend. Fred
The Mikado
Hamburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2007/06/12 14:11:52
I love it, too. We're going to Sitar Indian Cuisine in Huntsville tonight, where I will finish penning my review for our "Valley Planet" alternate newspaper.

Best of all, though...I like making my OWN chai. And NO vanilla.
Sneetch
Cheeseburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2007/06/13 14:59:04
spicy indian food is my personal favorite - i love any vindaloo! spicy chickpeas cooked with onions are also wonderful when the heat is high, but balanced by the mellow chickpea and sweet onion flavors...
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2007/06/13 17:08:54
It's a small world! We just came from lunch at our local Indian Restaurant where I had the lamb vindaloo. It was pungently hot - but not too hot (like some Tex/Mex stuff) and delicious along with white rice, several condiments, and a big puffed up loaf of bread. All accompanied by tea and some kind of refreshing yogurt/ mango drink. Should have made notes because I cant remember the names of most of what we ate.

cheers, John
The Mikado
Hamburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2007/06/13 19:06:33
That was probably Mango Lassi. I like it, and don't even LIKE mangoes...!
mjsneddon
Cheeseburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2007/08/07 23:20:29
In July of 2006 while vacationing in Durango, Colorado, my wife and I had dinner one night at a place called "Himalayan Cuisine". I ordered their lamb vindaloo - it was excellent. The service was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant - all at a reasonable price.
Poverty Pete
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2007/08/07 23:31:43
The best I ever found was on the lower east side of Manhattan. I couldn't begin to remember the name of the place, but there were several great Indian places nearby. No doubt some of you New Yorkers know the neighborhood.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: Lamb Vindaloo 2007/08/07 23:58:36
Damn! I love Indian food. Been eating it for years. We have many very good Indian restaurants in Dallas.
I used to eat Indian food in London quite often when I lived there.