How I Got People To Break Their Diet For The Day

Author
peppertree
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 302
2003/07/08 18:26:36 (permalink)

How I Got People To Break Their Diet For The Day

I was called by my Pastor Friday evening and asked to get donuts for church on Sunday. I drove up to Round Rock Donuts and purchased five dozen.

There were 67 people at church on Sunday including children and all but five donuts were eaten. This means that many of the good people at church who are on a diet, could not resist the "temptation" of a plain or chocolate Round Rock Donut.

When we get Dunkin or Krispy Kreme, the ratio of people to donuts is much lower, but Round Rock Donuts will cause dieters to take Sunday off from dieting.

3 Replies Related Threads

kangolpimp
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 119
    RE: How I Got People To Break Their Diet For The Day 2003/07/09 00:37:53 (permalink)
    How can you be certain that it wasn't only the folks *not* on diets who indulged? Is Renee Zellweger, perhaps, a fellow congregant? We hear she is good for 20 in one sitting.
    peppertree
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 302
    RE: How I Got People To Break Their Diet For The Day 2003/07/10 19:18:27 (permalink)
    I was told by two women that they would take a brake from their diet for the donuts. There may have been others who did not tell me.

No, Renee is not in our church.
    Bushie
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2902
    RE: How I Got People To Break Their Diet For The Day 2003/07/10 22:37:08 (permalink)
    While no one will believe us Texans about RR Donuts until they try them, peppertree is right, they are the best.

Krispy Kreme has dominated almost every market they've entered during their expansion phase. When they came here to Round Rock, the novelty caused people to back traffic up for a couple of weeks, but on any given morning, Lone Star Bakery (home of RR donuts) still has more customers.

The line of cars at Lone Star is always longer. A source of pride for me.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1