Come to Cheese Days in Monroe!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2008/09/19 17:17:46
The post office is another good place to catch Buddy's profile shot!
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2008/09/19 20:25:50
Yeah, but I'm not smiling in that picture.

Buddy
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2008/09/20 22:43:19
Hi all. We had a great time. Kris, we made it to your booth at 3:02. One staffer didn't know you but the other one said you had just left. We went to Turners Hall where I had raclette, an oval dish of red potato's and melted raclette cheese which was served with pickles, pickled Brussels Sprouts and pickled asparagus; sounds strange but it was great! My mom had some very good French onion soup which was topped with gruyere. Mrs MFL had an onion tart served with a poached pear, X1 went with a Swiss sampler of röesti potato's (think an oval pan fried hash browns with onions and Swiss Cheese topped with butter and flipped so it is crispy on both sides-mmmm), mac 'n cheese and spaetzles; damn our lunches were good! Our waitress, on route to another table, stopped by ours and waved some pie under our noises and said we really have to try their pie as she thought it was special. A bus girl picking up plates chimed in that it was the best. One slice of Swiss cream pie and four forks proved her right. Buffetbuster, if you are ever in the neighborhood, stop in and see if the bus girl was right; she was by us.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2008/09/21 00:45:41
What, no pictures?!?

Everything okay MFL...?

Buddy

P.S. I'll try to get abe froeman to bring her camera and make up for the loss.

B.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2009/02/12 11:40:17
MilwFoodlovers

Why it's time for The Berghoff & Blues Festival this year (alternates with Cheese Days)

Berghoff & Blues for 2009 has been cancelled due to the economy - story here.

Brad
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/08/22 16:39:33
With Fred's and Irish Fest under our belt and JRPfeff's Brat Fest coming up in two weeks, I figure it's not too early to remind everyone about the bi-annual Cheese Days in Monroe, Wisconsin coming up on September 17th-19th.

As of right now we're planning to go on Sunday the 19th.

Anyone else making plans to attend?

Buddy
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/08/22 17:02:43
BR  - We might make it.  That's one of my weekends at home.

Jim
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/08/22 17:17:52
Truth to tell, we'd rather visit on any day other than Cheese Days. We love New Glarus and Monroe just about more than any other towns in Wisconsin and visiting at other times gives more time to spend exploring without the crowds. Still, we will try to go too. Gotta try that Liederkranz.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/08/22 18:19:44
I mostly agree about visiting Monroe on an "off" day, but c'mon, it's Cheese Days, The Happiest Days on Earth!

Plus, the al pastor taco cart isn't set up on a regular day.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2010/08/22 18:23:24
Benzee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/08/22 18:58:14
And ...

Once again the Annual  Cheese Fest in Monroe NY is Sat Sept 11th , tough day for me , but I will be enroute to Buffalo to see my beloved Dolphins take on the Bills the following day

Enjoy Cheers !!

Benzee
kland01s
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/08/23 09:48:25
Thanks for reminding me about Cheese Days (the Wisconsin version) We were planning a weekend to go to Monroe and New Glarus, now I know when NOT to go! Love the area and the towns but not the crowds.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/08/23 10:23:48
kland01s

Thanks for reminding me about Cheese Days (the Wisconsin version) We were planning a weekend to go to Monroe and New Glarus, now I know when NOT to go! Love the area and the towns but not the crowds.

And since 90% of the crowds come from south of the Cheddar Curtain it probably feels just like home to you...

I have nothing written on my calendar for the 19th so I might be able to participate.  Perhaps we could set up a taste-off between Liederkranz and Limburger (sounds like a 1920s vaudeville team).

Brad
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/08/28 18:30:40
We'll be there, probably whichever day the Roadhouses go.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/09/15 02:02:41
Golly, with all this talk about a private party at Burt's on the 26th, I almost forgot about this Sunday, September 19th for Cheese Days in Monroe.

We're still planning on making the trip, so who all are meeting up with, approximately what time, and where shall we meet?

Buddy
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/09/18 12:55:43
No response to the last post, eh?

Oh well, we'll be leaving Chicago around 11-11:30am, aiming to arrive in Monroe around 1:00pm.  We can meet folks in front of Baumgartner's upon our arrival.  Or, if anyone has a better meeting spot, I'm all ears.

Buddy
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/09/18 13:33:07
Buddy,

No ears.  That's the Sun Prairie Sweet Corn Festival.  This is Cheese Days.  I think we'll be joining you.

Jim
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/09/19 01:03:09
In front of Baumgartner's sound good, around 1-1:30pm?

Buddy
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2010/09/19 09:22:37
Sounds good.

Jim
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2012/09/13 05:04:08
I've been meaning to bump this thread for the last few days and keep forgetting to do it.  So, here I am, very late at night (or early in the morning, depending on your life perspective), finally getting around to it.

To all interested parties, the biannual Cheese Days is coming up this weekend in Monroe, Wisconsin.  The Roadhouse clan will be paying their respects on Sunday, September 16th, early to mid afternoon through the end of the day.  Anyone who would like to join us is welcome.

Buddy
RodBangkok
Cheeseburger
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2012/09/13 05:44:03
An event we never missed.  Hope you all have a great '12 cheese days.  Some pics would be great!  
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2012/09/13 11:01:33
I believe Monroe Wisc. is named for Monroe NY, a small town in Rockland county about 20 miles northwest of NY City. In the early 20th Century there was a large cheese company in Monroe, NY, but due to a decline in dairy farming in the area they moved to Pennsylvania and then to Wisconsin. The famous American version of Limberger cheese, Leidekranz, was invented in Monroe. And, I think, what we now know as cream cheese was invented there.

I'm happy to learn that Leiderkanz is again being produced - it is an excellent product.

Cheers, John  
BelleReve
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2012/09/13 15:05:56
Ha, and I thought that it Monroe, LA.  I'd come just for the weather if it was cooler than here, still in the high 80's.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2012/09/14 01:52:22
BelleReve.
The weather in Monroe this weekend should be a delight.  Mid-70s, clear skies; a perfect early fall day in the upper Midwest.

We can pick you up at the Rockford airport on the way up north.  Just get me your flight number and ETA, and we'll be there.

Buddy
BelleReve
RE: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2012/09/14 16:00:09
Thanks Buddy, maybe the next one..        
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2