Missing my cheeseburger subs

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Filet Mignon
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2008/12/22 01:02:07
Mosca

I ordered a cheeseburger sub at a place here in Wilkes-Barre... what came was loosemeat with velveeta and fried onions. I don't know where the bun came from. It was inedible.

Sorry to hear about your sub-par experience!
Next time you're in A.C. , cheeseburger subs are on ME ! 

GNeedles59
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2008/12/30 10:17:44
The Grease Trucks @ Rutgers make anything you want on a subroll

I had cheeseburger/frenchfries/mozz sticks on one, it was a greasy delight.

rebeltruce
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2008/12/30 11:16:09
Best Cheeseburger Sub in Northern Va. can be found at Mario's on Wilson Blvd in Arlington.

Mario's has been on Wilson for at least 40 years, Lefty is a master at the Cheeseburger Sub.

A large comes with four patties, provolone cheese, slaw and yellow mustard if ordered with everything.

The standard toppings are available but it's perfect ordered with everything as described above.
Purcell429
Junior Burger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2009/07/03 13:02:22
If you ever make it out to pittsburgh, head straight for Peppi's:

This what all the burgers look like (this one has sausage as well, and fried eggs:

[font="tahoma; line-height: normal; white-space: pre; "]http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanpederson/641562654/

And you can't beat the location, although there are others, this is the first I think:

http://www.agilitynut.com/07/6/peppis.jpg

DerangedMetsFan
Junior Burger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2009/08/22 16:51:34
A local hero shop out here on LI in Suffolk County has cheeseburger heros on their menu: http://tjsheroshop.com/patchogue_menu.html  Check number 15 - it's called The Big Steer and sounds very similar to the cheeseburger subs you guys have down there. It's not my #1 choice of a hero there (see #5 - the stealth sauce is a spicy thousand island-esque sauce)
SNSPERFORMANCE
Junior Burger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2009/09/14 09:54:58
OK, I dont know if I should start a new post or what but I have relocated to the Atlanta area. I am currently on the hunt for a carry-out type place that sells cheeseburger subs. I live in Kennesaw but work in Decatur so anywhere between those two spots I will venture too.
MHaley
Junior Burger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2009/09/14 19:07:53
This is my first time on this site (looking for marketing ideas) and I saw this post. The other day at my husband's sub shop I heard a woman order a cheeseburger hoagie and my husband made it. I was like it's not on the menu, I never heard of that and he goes oh yeah we make it for her especially. I started talking to her and she said she's from Balitmore.  I have never knew cheeseburger hoagies were a thing in Baltimore!

Good luck finding one in Atlanta and of course it can never just hurt to ask someone to make it. If we make it by request I'm sure someone in Atlanta will!
californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2009/09/14 19:54:49
Out in the Ohio Valley near Wheeling,  they used to make something called a Chesseburger Heel,,,they would hollow out this big roll and put all the fixins inside,,,that, and some gravy fries and you would not have to eat for days! 
crazybob
Hamburger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2009/10/02 09:24:30
In the 70's, I worked in Atlantic City @ the Charles Theatre located on Atlantic Ave. between Mississippi & Missouri Aves. I was a projectionist & spent many hungry hours up in the booth eating White House cheesestakes, & listening to the Phillies games on the AM radio.

I had a CB radio up there & talked to the "Bus Driver" AKA: Phil LaRocca who worked @ White House. I think that he's still there! ..My CB use to bleed throught the theatre sound system, & Mr. Tannenbaum used to call up from the box office & tell me to shut it off.

White House said that they used "Atlantic City Rolls" made with Atlantic City water.  ..Actually the water was piped in from Absecon.
hatteras04
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2009/10/02 11:41:23
Though it's not exactly the same thing as described in the first post, anyone that went to or has visited Depauw University in Greencastle, IN is probably familiar with the garlic cheeseburger (GCB) at Marvins.  It's two 1/4 pound patties served side by side on a toasted bun that is liberally spinkled with garlic salt.  I was there for a football recruiting visit in 1990 and I had it twice in one day.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2009/12/06 23:09:55
And here I thought that hamburger/cheeseburger subs were everywhere.
SNSPERFORMANCE
Junior Burger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2010/01/05 07:39:08
I'm in Atlanta right now. And still having found a cheeseburger sub. I might have my local pizzeria try and make one.
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Missing my cheeseburger subs 2010/01/05 09:04:47
SNSPERFORMANCE

I'm in Atlanta right now. And still having found a cheeseburger sub. I might have my local pizzeria try and make one.
The Vortex in Atlanta will pretty much make anything you'd like.  Though your local  
pizzeria will likely be a bit more tame in atmosphere.  

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/
post edited by eruby - 2010/01/05 09:06:17
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2