Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream

John In Seattle
  • Total Posts : 55
  • Reward points : 0
Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream - Sun, 12/3/06 1:44 PM
OK, I know what I’m about to offer will be met by some who may think this sounds terrible, but here goes:

When I was a kid in the seventies, we had an ice cream shop in our neighborhood that had as a flavor, Bubble gum ice cream. The flavor was the same as the flavor of Bazooka Joe bubble gum. And it was pink, like the color of the gum. It was GREAT!! If this sounds bad to you, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

This is not to be confused with the flavor or type of ice cream offered by Baskin and Robbins that has the bit of real gum in it - this was a smooth and creamy ice cream.

I have not seen it in years. Since then, I have looked for that flavor far and wide, east coast and west.

I make my own ice cream when I feel the need, so my question is; does anyone know what extract blend of flavors constitute the flavor of Bazooka Joe gum? Obviously fruity, with a bit of perhaps cantaloupe? I would love to make some. Until then, I will still indulge in the occasional chew of Bazooka Joe gum – I still love it that flavor!

NYNM
  • Total Posts : 3037
RE: Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream - Sun, 12/3/06 1:56 PM
Don't actually know the kind your referreing to, but hate that B/R bubble gum flavor. It's creepy eating smooth (albeit too sweet) ice cream with pieces of chewy gum in it. Like, do you chew the gum while the ice cream melts or do you hold the gum in your mouth until the ice cream is finished or do you take the gum out of your mouth while you eat the ice cream.
It was just too complicated for me....

MBFDFyre
  • Total Posts : 243
RE: Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream - Fri, 01/19/07 1:28 AM
There are convienence stores in upstate NY, called Stewarts, that I swore had bubble gum flavored ice cream. I could be wrong. I was there several years ago so the memory ain't too great. But I am pretty sure I remember seeing it advertised.

fabulousoyster
  • Total Posts : 1855
RE: Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream - Fri, 01/19/07 9:02 AM
I think there is no better than the quality of Lorann oils, they have the finest and the most flavorings for all foods, they have a wonderful website, I buy their oils. They have a bubblegum flavoring for ice cream.

http://www.lorannoils.com/Products.asp?CategoryID=3&SubColumnName=flavorfountain

Rusty246
  • Total Posts : 2413
RE: Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream - Fri, 01/19/07 9:53 AM
Bubble gum ice cream was my favorite growing up. ONLY the pink kind. My family and I would go to "Dipper Dan's". I never cared for the bubble gum ice cream that was white and had little chunks of gum in it. You're right it was wonderful and Bazooka gum(still love the comics)is number 1 on my list of gum to chew. I just wish the flavor lasted as long as it used to. Back when I was in high school it was .01 and I would spend my entire lunch money on gum. All .55!

John In Seattle
  • Total Posts : 55
RE: Bubble Gum Flavored Ice Cream - Fri, 01/19/07 11:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by fabulousoyster

I think there is no better than the quality of Lorann oils, they have the finest and the most flavorings for all foods, they have a wonderful website, I buy their oils. They have a bubblegum flavoring for ice cream.

http://www.lorannoils.com/Products.asp?CategoryID=3&SubColumnName=flavorfountain

Thank you!! I will order some of their flavoring.

And thank all of you for confirming that I am not the only one who recalls and loves that flavor.