Best Burger in US

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 60 of 124
cbk21
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Best Burger in US - Tue, 12/5/06 1:47 PM
Westport Flea Market in Kansas City, MO
and a distant second is Port of Call in New Orleans - Port give you a baked potato for a side

Both are very good burgers - I have searched for years for a better Flea Market burger

Texianjoe
  • Total Posts : 639
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 12/5/06 2:54 PM
In Houston I think I will go with,

1. Shuttle Burger

2. Lankford Market

3. Goode Co. Mesquite Burger

joe

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15061
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 12/5/06 3:19 PM
SoCal- Farmer Boy's, Farmer Burger.
Louisville area- Genny's Diner, Sweet Daddy's Burger Platter.

Link for Genny's- http://www.iglou.com/restaurants/genny.shtml

Ort. Carlton.
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 12/5/06 5:10 PM
Dearfolk,
Without ever having been there, I would opt for the one pictured today (Tuesday the 5th.) in the writeup on Puckett Brothers in Leiper's Fork, Tennessee. That's a monster for $ 3.00, and -- boy howdy!! -- does it look scrumptuous!!
By the way, in the photo of the outside of Puckett's, there is a mail drop box. Strikes me that, in addition to everything else, the place also contains a post office.
It's easier to find Leiper's Fork on the map than it is Primm Springs, TN. (doubtless the utterly smallest town with a post office in Tennessee!), but if you're in Primm Springs, you have to drive 8 miles for a canned soft drink; for a hamburger you might well have to go clean into Centerville. Obviously not so at Leiper's Fork!
Leiping For Joy, Ort. Carlton in Athens, Georgia, which is 2.6 miles from Fowler Junction, Ga. (which doesn't have a post office).

Twinwillow
  • Total Posts : 4896
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 12/5/06 6:41 PM
In Dallas, Twisted Root Burger Company in Deep Ellum.

cbk21
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/10/07 8:44 AM
I live in Houston now and I would put Christians Totem (also known as the Tailgate bar) as #1
#2 Lankfords

I have not eaten at Shuttle burger but it is now on my list

ezra9876
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/10/07 9:47 AM
You would be hard pressed to find a better burger than Gilley's in Portsmouth NH! (They have great hot dogs as well..the perfect appetiser)

http://www.gilleyspmlunch.com/

DaveM
  • Total Posts : 353
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/10/07 11:23 AM
I will agree with Gilley's, if you like a burger with thin patties.
Their double cheeseburger is drippy, juicy goodness on a bun.
Especially fun is watching the cook take a meatball of ground beef and throw it on the flat grill and press it down with his spatula.
Plus the fact that it is a late night haunt and an original 1940's Worcester Lunch Car (with a sliding wooden door) make for an interesting visit. http://www.gilleyspmlunch.com/
In Southern ME, a great choice is Wild Willy's in York ,ME, which does only grilled burgers, chicken sandwiches and milk shakes.
http://www.wildwillysburgers.com/
In the Boston area:
R.F. O'Sullivan's, Beacon St., Somerville,MA is a small bar/tavern that takes near baseball size handmade patties and delivers them with hand cut quartered steak fries. It takes a while to get it to your table, but no one leaves hungry.
http://www.rfosullivan.com/
A newcomer is Krazy Karry's in Arlington and Woburn,MA-another no- frills burger and milk shake only establishment. In the Woburn location, they are actually attached to an ice cream parlor. Juicy flame broiled burgers, 1/2 lb., over an open gas grill.
http://www.krazykarrys.com/
In this area, there are many places that follow "guidelines" that indicate cooking nothing less than a medium or medium well burger. if you find a place willing to cook one to your tastes, you cherish it.

V960
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/10/07 12:55 PM
Although a bit pricy...21 Club in NYC.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17815
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/10/07 12:59 PM
The Beanie Burger at the Gahanna Grill. I haven't had a hamburger at 21 since around 1969, so I can't agree or disagree.

JDBlagg
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/10/07 1:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by cbk21

Westport Flea Market in Kansas City, MO
and a distant second is Port of Call in New Orleans - Port give you a baked potato for a side

Both are very good burgers - I have searched for years for a better Flea Market burger

Fieldthistle
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 01/11/07 6:55 AM
Hello All,
In Harrisonburg, Va., a Taverna Burger at Dave's Taverna (they make their own buns)
and a burger at Jesse's Quick Lunch.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

JDBlagg
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 01/11/07 7:48 AM
Hands down, the best is Bobcat Bites in Santa Fe.

Pigiron
  • Total Posts : 1384
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 01/11/07 9:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by V960

The famous 21 Burger, which was $21 for many years, is now $30. And it's kina puny. The 21 Club is definitely coasting an an old reputation. It's still a neat place, but the food is unremarkable, and has been sliding downhill for a long time. But it's packed every day, so I don't see any reason to think the food is going to get back to it's old glory. I eat there 8-10 times a year for business, but I would never choose to go there on my own.

P.S. Their steak tartare is still the best I've ever had, but at $38, it's an astounding rip-off.

jwitmeyer
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 01/11/07 9:51 AM
For me it would have to be the Juicy Lucy at Matt's bar in Minneapolis, MN.

saps
  • Total Posts : 1551
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 01/11/07 5:42 PM
Hands down, I don't know. I haven't had a burger at everyplace in the country.

porkbeaks
  • Total Posts : 2201
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 01/11/07 6:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pigiron

quote:

The famous 21 Burger, which was $21 for many years, is now $30. And it's kina puny. The 21 Club is definitely coasting an an old reputation. It's still a neat place, but the food is unremarkable, and has been sliding downhill for a long time. But it's packed every day, so I don't see any reason to think the food is going to get back to it's old glory. I eat there 8-10 times a year for business, but I would never choose to go there on my own.

P.S. Their steak tartare is still the best I've ever had, but at $38, it's an astounding rip-off.

Back in the late 1960's, I read an article in Playboy (hey, it happens) about how "21" made their burgers and, since they were charging $9.00 for it, how they felt they must make the very best burger possible. The details that have stuck with me to this day are freshly ground meat, form the patty loosely using two forks, and cook it in a super-hot cast-iron pan on a sprinkling of kosher salt turning just once. On occasion, I make them like that, but you sure want to have a good exhaust fan or dead batteries in the smoke alarms. -pb

jinjo76
  • Total Posts : 204
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 01/11/07 6:37 PM
Still my favorite,

http://www.hollyeats.com/JacksBurgers.htm

Jonathan

NYNM
  • Total Posts : 3037
RE: Best Burger in US - Sat, 01/13/07 11:12 PM
Corner Bistro in the "West Village"/NYC has a rep for good burgers, an in-the-know find, and a bit of an "old man's bar":

"Whether you want a booth in back or a spot at the long, carved mahogany bar, prepare to wait in line. The crowd isn't queuing up just for the $2.50 mugs of McSorley's or for the scruffy old bartenders plying their trade with seen-it-all stoicism. What everyone's really here for is the Bistro Burger: an eight-ounce slab of juicy grilled beef piled several inches high with melted cheese, bacon and raw onions. Served on a paper plate that invariably turns into a greasy pulp, it's one of the heftiest, messiest and, at $6.50, cheapest chunks of cow you'll have in this town. The chicken sandwich and grilled cheese are equally tasty, if not exactly healthy, alternatives. — Jenifer Van Vleck

Extra
If you call yourself a New Yorker, consider it your civic duty to have a beer and a burger here at least once. If you're really a New Yorker, you'll know that the best time to do that is a weekday afternoon, when Corner Bistro's timeless tavern charm feels as warm as the sun streaming through the front windows."

http://nymag.com/listings/bar/corner_bistro/

ctfrasier
  • Total Posts : 253
RE: Best Burger in US - Sun, 01/14/07 12:25 AM
Ort. Carlton is right. They make a fine burger at the Puckett's in Leiper's Fork. But my favorite burger comes from Murph's. A little bar off the square in Oxford, MS. A bit of local advice with regard to Puckett's, be sure to visit the original in Leiper's Fork. The spinoff in downtown Franklin is the furthest thing in the world from roadfood. Just like everything else there, they've yuppified the food way too much.

SBXSTR
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: Best Burger in US - Sun, 01/14/07 4:28 PM
Apricots, Farmington, CT. Bacon blue burger downstairs in the bar. Great beef, blue cheese, bacon, scallion mayonnaise, onions - you'll need to dislocate your jaw to bite into it. Best burger I've ever had - its my standard against which all others are judged. Very friendly staff and great seating overlooking the Farmington River during the summer. I would be there a couple of times a week if it wasn't a 70 mile roundtrip from home. While not on the menu, they ususally will serve you fries if you ask.

phatphil
  • Total Posts : 668
RE: Best Burger in US - Sun, 01/14/07 4:57 PM
ya gotta try a double motz cheeseburger at primanti bros in oakland park, florida with the fries and slaw on it, a definite 6 dollar fillup

mr chips
  • Total Posts : 4715
RE: Best Burger in US - Sun, 01/14/07 5:06 PM
The Bleu cheese burger at Cafe Castagna in Portland, oregon is one of my favorites. My favorite spot to go was Hodad's in San Diego.

db1105
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: Best Burger in US - Sun, 01/14/07 9:54 PM
Charcoal pit in Wilmington Delaware makes the best burgers!

ROHfan
  • Total Posts : 89
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 01/15/07 12:33 PM
All American Hamburger, Massapequa, Long Island, NY. Still the cheapest and best fast food anywhere. Get a double-double, a knish, and a shake for under $5.

V960
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/17/07 6:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pigiron

quote:

In that area I prefer Four Seasons fixed price lunch. Not sure what it is now but still stellar in quality.

BakersBoy
  • Total Posts : 302
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/17/07 6:47 PM
To all,

I know that this might be considered heresy but the best burger (other than the ones I make of course) is at the "The Buckhorn Grill" in San Antonio, New Mexico. It is directly across the street from the famous "Owl Bar" and they do a good job too. But from the service to the product The "Buckhorn Grill is head and hands above any other I have had. "Bobcat Bites" was a real disappointment. They did not get the order right and they chose not to correct it. Back in the east it would have to be "Five Guys"; cooked to order with whatever you want on it. I had Daniel Bolouds take on a hamburger in NYC and it did not compare to the burger at the "Buckhorn Grill".

True Roadfood, not legendary but worth the stop. If you ever find yourself in Soccorro or White Sands, give it a try.

BB

phlmaestro2000
  • Total Posts : 109
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/17/07 7:00 PM
I don't think we have any truly amazing burger places in Philly. But a little south of here, in Delaware, I've fallen in love with Jake's Hamburgers: http://www.hollyeats.com/Jakes.htm

They use no fillers or even added seasoning. It's just never-frozen beef, freshly ground that morning and very loosely packed. They're so juicey and pure tasting. A double cheeseburger and shake at Jake's is rapidly becoming a favorite meal of mine.

Staying in Delaware, I also agree with the above recommendation for the Charcoal Pit.

Davydd
  • Total Posts : 6222
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 01/17/07 8:25 PM
I'm not a burger eater. I haven't had one in 13 years, but desertdog served up the Gunder Burger in the Gunder thread here and I gotta go with it. Why? I do know from experience that a little burg in the middle of farm country is going to get the freshest beef there is and no cityfied place is going to match it. That's my opinion. So there!

Rustywolf
  • Total Posts : 176
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 01/22/07 2:47 PM
I can't contribute to the list, because I'm still looking for a better burger outside my own grill.

But I can tell you that, in my opinion, really good burgers are getting harder to find. I believe restaurants using pre-frozen "steakburger" patties bought in quantity from suppliers is a situation that has slipped out of control in the past five years.

How hard is it to buy fresh ground meat every day instead?

Sheesh!

Any recommendations for a good bgurger in the vast culinary desert also known as Michigan?

- Rusty

thefluffyturtle
  • Total Posts : 96
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 01/23/07 6:53 PM
CONLEY'S DRIVE-IN...MIDDLESBORO,KY

Paul,
Next time you're up that way, try one of their cheeseburgers and a hotdog.
NO BETTER EATING!!

FLUFFY

MetroplexJim
  • Total Posts : 3704
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 07/3/07 5:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fieldthistle

Hello All,
In Harrisonburg, Va., a Taverna Burger at Dave's Taverna (they make their own buns)
and a burger at Jesse's Quick Lunch.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

Hey, how about three chili cheese dogs and some ice cold Schlitz at Jesse's Quick Lunch! Yum! The last time I was there the theater next door was open and playing "A Star is Born" (the Streisand version)!

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6220
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 07/4/07 12:32 AM
The BEST burger in the US is in Martinsburg, Nebraska. At least 18 oz. of hand-packed midwestern beef. Cooked perfectly and hanging out from all sides of the bun. A Roadfood delight!

mj3811
RE: Best Burger in US - Sat, 07/14/07 3:33 PM
The best burger I have ever had can be found at Midtown Billards in Little Rock, AR. The place is a smokey, late night dive that is open 7 days a week. If you are ever in Little Rock, please give one a try!

kensandyeggo
  • Total Posts : 567
RE: Best Burger in US - Sat, 07/14/07 5:13 PM
I lived in Chicago for about 40 years, San Diego for about 20 and now in Charlotte. Best burger my wife and liked is in Charlotte at Hef's, near Woodlawn and Park Blvd. A little pricey at around 8 bucks, but well worth it. Comes with fries.

I am still partial to White Castle though. In fact I just picked up 2 boxes today at the grocer's. They're more of a unique burger compared to what is being talked about here.

Wannabchef
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Best Burger in US - Sat, 07/14/07 5:21 PM
I've crossed the US 17 times, and have eaten a lot of burgers - hands down....check this one out guys.....the fries are to die for as well. These are 1 lbders!

Regular Double
Hamburger 2.99 4.99
Cheeseburger 3.39 5.39
Bacon Cheeseburger 3.99 5.99
Super Burger 3.99 5.99
Cheeseburger with ham.
Super Bacon Burger 4.59 6.49
Cheeseburger with ham and bacon.
Mushroom Burger 3.99 5.99
Sautéed onions & mushrooms, mayo, lettuce & swiss.
Mushroom Bacon Burger 4.59 6.49
Jalapeño Burger 3.99 5.99
Jalapeños, sour cream, onion, tomato, lettuce & cheddar.
Hot Buff Burger 3.99 5.99
Bacon cheeseburger w/special hot buffalo sauce.
Ortega Burger 3.99 5.99
Green chilies, sour cream, onion, tomato, lettuce & cheddar.
Hickory Burger 4.59 6.49
BBQ sauce, bacon, onion rings, tomato, lettuce & cheddar.
Bleu Bacon Burger (for the bleu cheese lover!) 4.59 6.49
Bleu & swiss cheese, bacon, mayo & all the trimmings.
Hawaiian Burger 4.59 6.49
Pineapple, ham, swiss, teriyaki sauce, tomato & lettuce.
Pastrami Burger 4.59 6.49
Pastrami, swiss & all the trimmings.
Reuben Burger 4.59 6.49
Pastrami, swiss, sauerkraut, thousand island & mustard.
Fajita Burger 4.59 6.49
Sautéed red
& green peppers, onion & mushrooms, sour cream, lettuce, tomato & cheddar.
Extra’s
Add cheddar or swiss cheese: Big Jud 1.79 Burger .49 Add ham, bacon, mushrooms, jalapeños,
Ortega chile or bleu cheese: To Big Jud, per layer - 2.69 To Any Burger/Sandwich - .89
Add Hawaiian, reuben, hickory or fajita fixin’s: Big Jud, per layer - 3.99

FIFTEEN scoops of your favorite ice cream plus choice of FIVE toppings
Toppings: Milk Chocolate, Blueberry, Strawberry, Marshmallow, Pineapple, Hot Fudge, Caramel,
Butterscotch.
Party Packs
4 Pack feeds 8-16 66.00
4 Big Jud’s 4 Fries, 4 pitchers pop. Choice: 8 waffle or 12 reg cones, or 1 Hungry Heifer
6 Pack feeds 12-20 94.00
6 Big Jud’s, 6 fries, 6 pitchers pop. Choice: 12 waffle or 18 reg. cones, or 2 Hungry Heifers
10 Pack feeds 20-40 145.00
10 Big Jud’s, 10 fries, 10 pitchers pop. Choice: 20 waffle cones or 30 reg. cones, or 3 Hungry Heifers
Single Double
Regular & Sugar Cones 1.69 2.29
Waffle Cones 2.49 3.29
Shakes 2.79
Malts 2.99
Floats 2.79
Sundae 2.79
Banana Split 3.49
Pint of hand-packed ice cream 2.99
Quart of hand-packed ice cream 4.99
Ice Cream

QFan
  • Total Posts : 641
RE: Best Burger in US - Sun, 07/15/07 11:58 AM
Wannabchef, am I missing something? Where is it

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL

Twinwillow
  • Total Posts : 4896
RE: Best Burger in US - Sun, 07/15/07 1:06 PM
Wannabchef> is that a "wish list" or an actual menu from someplace?

Baah Ben
  • Total Posts : 3026
RE: Best Burger in US - Sun, 07/15/07 8:53 PM
BEEN IN A LOT OF PLACES THAT SERVED A GREAT BURGER STARTING IN THE LATE 70'S WITH MAXWELL'S PLUM (FAMOUS FOR ONE OF THE FIRST THICK EXPENSIVE BURGERS) FRIDAY'S WHEN IT WAS A REALLY GREAT SINGLE BAR OPERATION WITH A FANTASTIC BURGER, TOO. SERVED ON AN ENGLISH MUFFIN...

A GREAT MEDIUM RARE BURGER IS ABOUT THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD (WELL, MAYBE A GREAT SHRIMP AND LOBSTER SAUCE MIGHT BE A BIT BETTER?) AND THE BEST BURGER I HAVE EVER HAD WITHOUT QUESTION WAS AT BOB CAT BITE JUST OUTSIDE THE CITY LIMITS OF SANTA FE. THEY ARE ONLY OPEN FOR LIMITED HOURS SO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THEM.

BURGER LOVERS, YOU'LL KNOW IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU STEP INSIDE THIS LITTLE HOLE IN THE WALL RESTAURANT THAT WAS NAMED AFTER THE FACT THAT AT ONE TIME, BOBCATS, WOULD COME TO THE BACK DOOR TO BE FED. THIS IS NIRVANA......PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

SIT AT THE COUNTER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE AND NEAR TO THE KITCHEN; JUST WATCH. HUGE 12 OZ (NOT 8 OZ) FRESH MEAT BURGERS, HAND PATTIED ARE PLACED ON A GRIDDLE (I KNOW...IT IS NOT CHAR-BROILED BUT, I'M TELLING YOU THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE BURGER) AND TOPPED WITH THICK CHEDDAR CHEESE AND AMAZING GREEN CHILIS...ORDER IT MEDIUM RARE AND JUST ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE. THE BEST......

SANTA FE IS A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL TOWN TO VISIT.

californyguy
  • Total Posts : 513
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 07/19/07 9:11 PM
white caste!l- an american original! what I wouold not give for a real one way out here in californy!

Bluntfacts
  • Total Posts : 78
RE: Best Burger in US - Sat, 08/4/07 6:34 PM
Let's see what happens. The topic was "the Best Burger in the U.S.". I hope it is not just me, but the best (and that is an absolute) is the one I make on by backyard barbeque. I sincerely hope there are plenty of other chefs and chefettes that will chime in.

Now if the topic is actually the best non-home cooked Burger in the U.S., there cannot be one. There can be one of the best I have ever had in my life. Otherwise, anyone saying best would have to have sampled every place in existence.

bt539
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 08/7/07 4:55 PM
white rose system in highland park new jersey. great fries too

BigDave67
  • Total Posts : 81
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 08/8/07 11:22 AM
Strangely enough the Burger I like the most is the Brazier from Dairy Queen.

chicagostyledog
  • Total Posts : 3218
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 08/13/07 8:57 PM
Kewpee's in Racine, WI is my favorite greasy cheesebuger. Kewpee's is so good, I'd pick up a double cheeseburger to go on my way to work at 7:00am. I always made it to work, the cheeseburger didn't.
[img]http://static.flickr.com/49/137177454_13d239821b.jpg?v%200[/img]
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7957&SearchTerms=cheeseburgers+breakfast

californyguy
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 08/13/07 9:28 PM
pals cabin in west orange new jersey- a big fancy place has grown up around the original hot dog and burger stand, but you can still sit at a lunch counter type deal and get the big juicy chargrilled burger...while there ,do not pass up a house salad with homemade croutons and certainly do not miss the world famous cream of mushroom soup

californyguy
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 08/13/07 9:29 PM
pals cabin in west orange new jersey- a big fancy place has grown up around the original hot dog and burger stand, but you can still sit at a lunch counter type deal and get the big juicy chargrilled burger...while there ,do not pass up a house salad with homemade croutons and certainly do not miss the world famous cream of mushroom soup

LegalLady
  • Total Posts : 404
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 08/13/07 9:30 PM

"Hubby Burgers", located in Oshkosh, NE, yep on my patio, cooked by the burger king himself

Judge Jean

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6220
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 08/14/07 12:41 PM
The burgers at Tyler's in Palm Springs were SOOO good that RedPatti, Jeff, Zman and myself gobbled them all down and forgot about taking pictures!

chickenwingking
  • Total Posts : 59
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 08/14/07 2:29 PM
All American Burger, Massapequa, Long Island. I know naming this place is hardly news but this just might be my favorite place to eat anywhere.

Legran22
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: Best Burger in US - Wed, 08/15/07 12:36 PM
In Houston I would rank them as follows:
1. Christian's Tailgate
2. Lankford Grocery
3. Miller's on North Shepherd
4. Goode Company
5. Roznozski's

rlb
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Best Burger in US - Fri, 08/17/07 12:55 AM
ednas country cafe in kingsbury,texas best burger i have had the pleasure of eating chicken fried steak also top 2 alltime

Cheezburger
  • Total Posts : 13
RE: Best Burger in US - Sat, 08/18/07 8:17 PM
Dyers on Beale...... best Cheeseburger! You won't believe how they cook them though.
cb

Brandy613
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Best Burger in US - Tue, 08/21/07 7:42 PM
ok if any y'all traveling thru central Washington Jakes Diner has a the best burger in town its in Yakima. They come with homeade french fries. They also have a great Breakfast.....grandma is the cook....real home cooked food.....carefull not to miss it its a 2 story house turned into a 2 room diner

cunnm2010
RE: Best Burger in US - Thu, 08/23/07 7:36 PM
Well Bon Appetit just named Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe as the best hamburger in the US, and I would have to say it is a mighty good burger. I was happy they won, it's just a local burger joint, nothing fancy, just good burgers, friendly atmosphere and a 50 year old cast iron griddle. Yum!!

P.S. It was aired on the Food Network

fellaroid
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 09/24/07 3:36 PM
No one yet mentioned, Solly's butter burger in Milwaukee. It's to die (clotted arteries) for, but worth it:)

Beer&Snausages
  • Total Posts : 418
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 09/24/07 4:15 PM
Don't forget the pride of New Buffalo, Michigan, Redamak's!

But be prepared to get there soon as they close for 4 months starting Oct 21st and remember, they only take cash.

http://www.redamaks.com/site/menus.htm

hiddenboston
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 10/29/07 4:20 PM
My vote goes to Hodad's in Ocean Beach, CA (within the San Diego city limits). Burgers so thick and juicy that you're guaranteed to make a mess, but it's well worth it.

divefl
  • Total Posts : 1671
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 10/29/07 4:37 PM
Black Market Bistro - Black Market Burger w/ bacon, and I like mine w/ blue cheese, all come with onion staws (I put mine on burger) and fries.

Garrett park, MD

branedamag
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 11/19/07 11:11 AM
O'Connell's in St. Louis is fabulous. I've been going there almost 30 years, when I'm in town, and it's always excellent. Great slightly coarse-ground meat, thick juicy patty, the grill tastes like it's been seasoned for a century.

mg

Akavar
  • Total Posts : 361
RE: Best Burger in US - Mon, 11/19/07 11:31 AM
Is O'Connell's the Irish pub on Kingshighway that is almost under I-44? I seem to remember going there while I was in college over thirty years ago. I remember big long tables and something other than Budweiser to drink.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 60 of 124